HSBC Home Loan Interest Rates
HSBC understands that buying a house is one of the most important decisions of an individual’s life. Therefore, they offer affordable home loans ranging from INR 3 lakhs to 40 crores with a repayment period of up to 25 years. Indian residents and non-residents of India can avail of the loan. The rate of interest is 8.69% pa onwards for salaried, 8.79% onwards for self-employed and 8.55% for balance transfer loans.
Check Latest Home Loan Offer From HSBC Bank
Compare HSBC Home Loan Interest Rates with Other Lenders
The table given below shows how the HSBC Bank home loan compares to other lenders in the market:
- Starting Interest Rate (p.a)
- Processing Fee
- Min. Loan Amount
IDFC FIRST Bank HL Interest Rate
8.75% - 10.5%
Up to 3.5% of the loan amount
₹1L - ₹10Cr
Tenure(1 - 30 Years)
HDFC Bank HL Interest Rate
8.35% - 9.4%
₹4,999 One time fee
₹1L - ₹10Cr
Tenure(1 - 30 Years)
Axis Bank HL Interest Rate
8.7% - 13.3%
0.50%(Min ₹10,000)one time fee
₹1L - ₹5Cr
Tenure(1 - 25 Years)
Kotak Bank HL Interest Rate
8.7% - 9.6%
Up to 3% of loan amount
₹10L - ₹10Cr
Tenure(5 - 25 Years)
HSBC Bank offers several home loan programmes at competitive interest rates to cater to versatile client needs. The bank's Repo Linked Lending Rate (RLLR) influences the floating interest rates. Interest rates begin at 6.49% per year for salaried people and 6.59% per year for self-employed people. A maximum repayment tenure of 20 to 25 years is available. HSBC Bank offers home loans up to Rs. 30 crores at maximum.
HSBC Bank Home Loans Schemes Interest Rates
Given below are the interest rates for different HSBC home loan schemes:
HSBC Smart Loan
- Interest rate: 6.75 to 6.85 percent per year, plus a commitment fee. In the absence of a commitment charge, the interest rate is between 6.95% and 7.05% per annum.
- Processing fees are 1 percent of the loan amount or Rs. 10,000, whichever is greater.
- The loan scheme is available at a floating rate.
- 20-year repayment period
- The Current Account Commitment Fee and Conversion Fee apply to Smart Loan facility
HSBC NRI Home Loans
- Interest Rate: 6.45% per annum and higher
- Applicants can get a loan amount of up to Rs. 30 crores.
- Duration of repayment of up to 25 years
- There are no foreclosure fees assessed.
HSBC Bank Home Loan Interest Rate for Salaried Applicants
HSBC Bank offers home loan interest rates ranging from 6.75% - 7.50% p.a. for salaried applicants. The interest rate provided by the bank is subject to change based on the borrower's profile, loan amount, and other factors.
HSBC Bank Home Loan Interest Rate for Self-Employed Applicants
HSBC Bank offers home loan interest rates starting from 6.90% p.a. for self-employed applicants. The actual rate of interest will depend on the loan amount, loan tenure, credit score and other factors.
HSBC Bank Home Loan Interest Rates for Govt Employee
HSBC Bank offers home loans to government employees at the following interest rates:
- Up to Rs. 30 Lakhs: 8.35% - 9.30% p.a.
- Above Rs. 30 Lakhs: 8.40% - 9.40% p.a.
HSBC Bank Home Loan Interest Rate For Women
HSBC Bank offers home loans to both men and women at the same interest rate. As of Feb 2023, HSBC Bank prides home loans at an interest rate of 8.55% p.a.
HSBC Bank Home Loan Interest Rate For NRI
Currently, the HSBC Bank Home Loan Interest Rate for NRI customers is 8.35% p.a. This rate may vary according to the loan amount, tenure, and other factors.
HSBC Bank Home Loan Interest Rate and Other Charges
The table given below shows the different fees and charges associated with a home loan from HSBC:
|Type of Fee
|Up to 1% of the loan amount or Rs. 10,000 (whichever is higher)
|Floating Rate: NIL Fixed Rate: NIL up to a maximum of 25% of the total loan amount authorised in any fiscal year. For an amount greater than 25% of the total loan amount approved for each fiscal year: 3% of the prepaid amount
|Property Documents Copy
|Rs 250 per instance
|2% over the existing rate charged
|0.50% of the limit outstanding or the current account limit, whichever is higher + taxes
How to Calculate HSBC Bank Home Loan EMI
Equated Monthly Instalment is referred to as EMI. It involves paying down the original balance of your mortgage loan and accrued interest. A longer loan term (up to 30 years) is beneficial to lower the EMI.
Example: How is a Loan's EMI Calculated?
The EMI calculation formula is as follows:
P x R x [(1+R)N-1] x (1+R)N
- P is the principal loan sum
- N is the Loan term in months
- R is the ongoing interest rate
Your loan's interest rate (R) is determined on a monthly basis.
R = Interest Rate Annual (12/100)
When the interest rate is 7.2% per annum, r = 7.2/12/100 = 0.006
For instance, if a borrower takes out a loan for 10,000 at a 7.2% annual interest rate for 120 months (10 years), his EMI will be computed as follows:
EMI= ₹10,00,000 * 0.006 * (1 + 0.006)120 / ((1 + 0.006)120 - 1) = ₹11,714
The total sum due is 11 714 multiplied by 120 or Rs. 14 05 703. The principal loan balance is Rs.100,000 and the interest will be Rs. 4,05,703 monthly.
Factors that Affect HSBC Bank Home Loan EMI
Given below are some of the factors that affect HSBC Home Loan EMI:
If you work for a reputable company, banks will view you as having a reliable source of income, allowing you to get a home loan at lower interest rates. You can work in any domain, such as a salaried worker, a government employee, a PSU employee, or even as a self-employed professional like a doctor or a certified public accountant.
Type of Interest Rate
The bank and NBFCs offer three types of interest rates to home loan borrowers: floating, fixed, and mixed rates (fixed plus floating). The RBI regulates the Repo rate, which increases or decreases floating interest rates. They can lower the interest rate, reducing the EMI amount, and vice versa.
Fixed rates are consistent throughout the loan repayment, which results in a consistent monthly payment. For a particular time, a mixed rate combines the two rates indicated above; the fixed interest rate is applied to the principal amount to determine the EMI value, and the fluctuating interest rate is applied to the loan amount to change the EMI value.
It speaks about the property worth for which the borrower secured a home loan. The interest rate is also high when the value is high, which raises credit liability. Making a sizeable first down payment will assist you in lowering the interest rate that is applied to the loan balance, allowing you to spend within a range that doesn't strain your monthly budget.
It is one of the key elements that significantly affects the interest rate. It reveals an applicant's prior repayment behaviour, creditworthiness, and behaviour that impacts their financial stability. If the CIBIL score exceeds that, the charm works in your favour, and banks offer loans at an even lower interest rate. If the score is below 600-650, banks view those candidates as defaulters, increasing the lending interest rate at which banks issue the loan.
This component is crucial when determining the interest rate relative to the loan amount. When a house is located in a fancy neighbourhood and has a respectable resale value, banks offer loans at a lower interest rate; nevertheless, when a property is located in a run-down neighbourhood and has a poor resale value, banks offer loans at a higher interest rate. Similar circumstances apply to new and old homes, with new dwellings drawing lower mortgage rates and aged homes drawing higher interest rates.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
Other Loans Offered by Hsbc
Other Banks Home Loan Calculator
- Axis Bank Home Loan Calculator
- HDFC Bank Home Loan Calculator
- Bank of Baroda Home Loan Calculator
- Canara Bank Home Loan Calculator
- Union Bank of India Home Loan Calculator
- State Bank of India Home Loan Calculator
- IndusInd Bank Home Loan Calculator
- Punjab National Bank Home Loan Calculator
- YES Bank Home Loan Calculator
- Federal Bank Home Loan Calculator
- IDBI Bank Home Loan Calculator
- CITI Bank Home Loan Calculator
- IDFC FIRST Bank Home Loan Calculator
- Bank of Maharashtra Home Loan Calculator
- karnataka bank Home Loan Calculator
- Deutsche Bank Home Loan Calculator
- RBL Bank Home Loan Calculator
- Punjab & Sind Bank Home Loan Calculator
- Kotak Bank Home Loan Calculator
- Indian bank Home Loan Calculator
- Bank of India Home Loan Calculator
- HSBC Home Loan Calculator
Home Loan by Other Banks
- Bank of Baroda Home Loan
- Axis Bank Home Loan
- HDFC Bank Home Loan
- ICICI Bank Home Loan
- Bajaj Finserv Home Loan
- IndiaBulls Home Loan
- Canara Bank Home Loan
- Union Bank of India Home Loan
- DHFL Home Loan
- CITI Bank Home Loan
- YES Bank Home Loan
- Federal Bank Home Loan
- IndusInd Bank Home Loan
- State Bank of India Home Loan
- Hero FinCorp Home Loan
- Punjab National Bank Home Loan
- IDFC FIRST Bank Home Loan
- IDBI Bank Home Loan
- Kotak Bank Home Loan
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Home Loan
- Muthoot Finance Ltd Home Loan
- Godrej Housing Finance Home Loan
- Tata Capital Housing Finance Limited Home Loan
- Vastu Housing Finance Home Loan
- HDFC Sales Home Loan
- Indian bank Home Loan
- Capital First Ltd. Home Loan
- Home First Finance Company Home Loan
- Poonawalla Fincorp Limited Home Loan
- Hero Housing Finance Home Loan
- Clix Capital Home Loan
- Aditya Birla Finance Limited Home Loan
- Housing Development Finance Corporation Home Loan
- L&T Finance Home Loan
- Reliance Capital Home Loan
- LIC Housing Finance Home Loan
- Bank of India Home Loan
- Fullerton India Home Loan
- IIFL Finance Home Loan
- Piramal Housing Finance Home Loan
- Edelweiss Financial Services Home Loan
- Aadhar housing Finance Home Loan
- DCB Bank Home Loan
- Punjab National Bank Housing Finance Home Loan
- Capri Global Home Loan
- Punjab & Sind Bank Home Loan
- Bank of Maharashtra Home Loan
- karnataka bank Home Loan
- RBL Bank Home Loan
- Cholamandalam Finance Home Loan
- Deutsche Bank Home Loan
Home Loan Calculators
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the interest rate for a home loan in HSBC Bank?
You can get a home loan from HSBC with interest rates starting at 8.55% p.a.
What is the current rate of interest on the HSBC Bank home loan?
The current interest rate for a home loan from HSBC is 8.55% per annum.
How can I reduce my HSBC Bank home loan interest rate?
You can reduce the home loan interest rate by opting for a shorter loan tenure and making a larger down payment.