Process for Aadhaar Card Link With Mobile Number in 2024
There was a belief that generating an Aadhaar card link mobile number could help verify all the mobile numbers in the country. The idea is that this would help needle out all the illegally active mobile numbers in the country. But now, the Aadhaar card is not being used for mobile number verification. Linking the Aadhaar card to a mobile number is mandatory to avail of several different Aadhaar services. You can also access government websites like Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) and the mAadhaar application.
In this blog, we will look at how you can link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number in various ways.
How to Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number Online?
There are two different methods to link an Aadhaar card to a mobile number: on the Indian Postal Service website and the telecom provider’s website:
On Telecom Provider’s Website
Given below is the step-by-step process to link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number on the official website of the telecom provider:
- Visit the respective telecom provider’s website
- Enter the mobile number that you want to link, verify, or re-verify
- This will trigger an OTP to the registered mobile number
- Type in the OTP and click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar card number
- The website will then display a message for OTP generation
- You will then be prompted to submit the OTP and KYC details and accept the terms and conditions
- A confirmation message will be sent once the linking process has been completed
On Indian Postal Service Website
Given below is the process to link an Aadhaar card to a mobile number on the Indian Postal Service Website:
- Visit the Indian Postal Service's official website
- Enter specific details such as name, phone number, date of birth, email address
- Click on ‘Service’ and then click on ‘PPB- Aadhaar Service’ from the resulting drop-down menu
- Click on the ‘UIDAI-Mobile/Email to Aadhaar Linking/Updating’ option
- Fill out all the required details and click on the ‘Request OTP’ button
- On the next screen, enter the OTP you have received on your phone
- Click on the “Confirm Service Request.” option. You will then be provided with a reference number which can be used to track the status of your application.
- After you have completed the submission, the request will be carried forward to a post office near you.
- An officer will be in charge of the Aadhaar updating or linking process. The officer will visit your residence and verify the details using a mobile biometric device.
- The officer will then finish the linking process
How to Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number Offline?
Given below are the different ways to link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number offline:
Mobile Number Link Through an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
It is imperative to link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card. Any online updations to the Aadhaar card can only be made if there is a linked phone number. Given below is how you can link phone number through an Aadhaar enrollment centre:
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Carry all your essential documents and Aadhaar card when you do.
- Obtain a form required to update phone numbers in the database. This service is chargeable up to the extent of Rs. 50.
- Fill out the form with all the required details and submit it.
- After submitting the form, you will be provided with a Unique Request Number (URN). This number can be used to track the status of your application.
SMS-Based Mobile Aadhaar Linking
Given below are the steps to verify the linked mobile number through an SMS-based OTP:
Step 1: Visit the nearest telecom provider office.
Step 2: Submit a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card.
Step 3: Provide the store clerk with the mobile number and Aadhaar details.
Step 4: A 4-digit OTP will then be sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 5: provide the OTP to the clerk and complete your biometric verification.
Step 6: You will receive the confirmation SMS after 24 hours. Reply with ‘Y’ to complete the e-KYC process.
Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number by Using IVR
Given below is the step-by-step process to complete the Aadhaar linking process by using the IVR:
Step 1: Dial 14546 from your mobile phone.
Step 2: Verify whether you are a resident cardholder or an NRI. Press 1 if you are a resident.
Step 3: Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar card number.
Step 4: Press 1 to confirm the entered details.
Step 5: Enter the registered mobile number to receive the OTP.
Step 6: Allow the telecom operator access to name, photo, and date of birth from the Aadhaar database.
Step 7: This will trigger an OTP sent to the registered number. Enter the OTP.
Step 8: Press 1 to complete the process.
Aadhaar Link With Mobile Number for New Users
Given below is the process for new users to register mobile numbers with Aadhaar for new SIM users:
Step 1: Visit the telecom provider’s office.
Step 2: Obtain a new phone SIM.
Step 3: Submit a copy of the Aadhaar card for identification purposes.
Step 4: Verify Aadhaar via fingerprint scan on the biometric device.
Step 5: A new SIM card will be issued after completing the verification process.
Step 6: The SIM will be active within one hour.
Documents Required to Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number
You are only required to submit a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar card. You are not needed to submit any other documents to complete this process.
What is the Fee to Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number
During the Aadhaar enrollment process, the applicant is not required to pay any fee to link Aadhaar with a mobile number. If you wish to update/link/change your mobile, you will be required to pay a fee of Rs.50.
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number
Given below are some of the benefits of linking a mobile number with an Aadhaar card:
- It is mandatory to link mobile numbers with Aadhaar to use various Aadhaar-related services.
- You are required to link your mobile number to your Aadhaar if you want to use the Self-Service Update Portal.
- The Aadhaa mobile number link is mandatory to use Aadhaar-related online services.
- An OTP is sent to the registered mobile number to use several different Aadhaar-related services. This makes your Aadhaar details more secure.
To Sum Up
The Unique Identification Authority of India issues the Aadhaar card as the document of identification. This ATM card-sized document is valid throughout the county and is majorly used for photo identification. This also acts as an address proof and also creates a digital footprint of Indian nationals. The UIDAI has its own online portal which provides multiple services such as mobile number/email ID verification, download Aadhaar, Aadhaar lock unlock feature and so on.
However, to make the personal information and data of the individual the Government of India has to make strict guidelines such as creating an enrolment centre. The Aadhar card link with a mobile number has become a mandatory activity as the government has made it an official Indian document and also wants to introduce more services.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Adhaar Card
- PVC Aadhaar Card
- NSEIT UIDAI
- Aadhaar Customer Care
- Update Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Verification
- Aadhaar Card Photo
- Aaadhar Correction
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- PM Kisan Aadhaar Link
- Link Aadhaar to Ration Card
- Masked Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Authentication
- eAadhaar Card
- WBPDS Aadhaar Link
- Download Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Update History
- Aaadhar Password
- Aadhaar UCL Registration
- Voter ID Card Aadhaar Link
- Common Problems With Aaadhaar
- Aadhar Biometric Update
- Aadhaar Card Bank Linking
- Lost Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Lock and Unlock
- My Aadhaar
- Jan Aadhar Card
- Blue Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Not Received
- Aadhar Card eSignature
- Aadhaar Enabled Payments System
- Aadhar QR Code Scanner
- Aadhaar Generation
- Aadhaar Card Appointment
- Link Aadhaar Card With Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card Centres Gurgaon
- Link Aadhar Card with NPS Account
- Aadhaar KYC
- Aadhaar Sava Kendra
- NPCI Link Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres
- Aadhaar Card Centers in Delhi
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Noida
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bangalore
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Chennai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Mumbai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Kolkata
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bhopal
- Real Aadhar Card
- Aadhaar Complaint Status
- Aadhaar Link With EPF
- Name Change in Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card Address Change
- Mobile Number Aadhar Link at Home
- Aadhar Documents
- BOB Aadhar Card Link
- PNB Aadhaar Link
- LIC Aadhaar Link
- SBI Aadhaar Link
- PMAY Status Check With Aadhaar
- IRCTC Aadhaar Link
- Aadhaar GST Authentication
- Aadhaar Mutual Fund Link
- Aadhaar Face Authentication
- Link Aadhaar with LPG
- Ration Card Status by Aadhar
- Link Driving Licence with Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Card for NRI
- Aadhaar Enrolment Certificate
- Udyog Aadhar Registration
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I change my mobile number in Aadhaar if the number is already lost?
In that case, you have to visit your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre. ill out the mobile number correction/updation form, and payINR 50 as the service charge. The update may take up to 90 days to reflect.
How long does it take to update the mobile number in Aadhaar?
Once you have raised the request to correct, change or update your mobile number link with UIDAI you can check the status of your update with the help of Update Request Number (URN). The time period which mobile number updation may take is up to 90 days.
Is an online email verification facility available on the UIDAI portal?
Yes, the online email ID verification facility is available on the official website of UIDAI. First, you need to visit the homepage of the official UIDAI portal and find the ‘Verify the Email/Mobile Number” under My Aadhaar. Once you find it then fill out the required information such as Aadhaar number, email ID and CAPTCHA/Security code and proceed to send OTP. After you receive the OTP of the email, then click on submit, and it’s done.
How to link a mobile number with an Aadhar card?
Visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre and mention the mobile number in the Aadhaar Enrolment Form and submit it to the Aadhar executive. Don’t forget to take the Update Request Number (URN) as it will help you track the status of your update.