PAN Card in 48 Hours
PAN Card is an essential document for anyone earning; owing to its importance, authorities have made provisions for citizens to procure it in an even lesser timeframe. Consequently, it is possible to get a PAN Card in 48 hours. Still, it depends on various factors, such as the completion of the application process, document verification, and processing time. The best way to ensure a quick turnaround time is to ensure that all the necessary documents are in order and the application is filled out correctly.
Opting for the expedited service offered by the Income Tax Department can also help get the PAN Card in 48 hours. However, it is essential to note that this service comes with an additional fee.
How to Apply for PAN in 48 Hours?
Applying for a PAN Card in 48 hours is straightforward. You can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department of India.
- Click on the "Instant PAN through Aadhaar" option on the homepage
- Enter your Aadhaar number and verify it with an OTP (One Time Password) sent to your registered mobile number
- Fill in details such as name, date of birth, and address as per your Aadhaar card
- Apply and pay the applicable fee (currently Rs. 99 + GST)
- Once the application is processed, a PAN card will be issued and sent to your registered address.
PAN Card Structure
A PAN card, or Permanent Account Number card, is a laminated card that contains the following information:
- PAN Number: A 10-digit alphanumeric code unique to each individual or entity. It serves as the primary identification number for tax-related transactions.
- Cardholder’s Name: The name of the individual or entity to whom the PAN card is issued.
- Date of birth: The date of birth of the individual or entity to whom the PAN card is issued.
- PAN card holder's photograph: A passport-sized photograph of the individual or entity to whom the PAN card is issued.
- Signature or thumbprint: The signature or thumbprint of the individual or entity to whom the PAN card is issued.
- Date of issue: The date on which the PAN card was issued.
- Date of expiry: The date on which the PAN card will expire.
- Holograms: The PAN Card also has holograms and other security features to prevent forgery.
The PAN card is issued by the Income Tax Department of India. It serves as a primary identification document for tax-related transactions, such as filing income tax returns, opening a bank account, and making financial transactions above a certain threshold.
Details Mentioned in PAN Card
Below particulars are mentioned in a PAN Card.
- Name of the individual
- Father's name
- Date of birth
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Signature or thumb impression
- Barcode or QR code for digital verification
- Address of the individual
- Status (Individual, HUF, Company, etc.)
- Issuing Authority
- Date of issue
- Validity period.
How to Get a PAN Card in 48 Hours?
You can easily procure a PAN Card with the following specifics sorted.
- Gather required documents: You must provide proof of identity, address, and date of birth. Acceptable documents include a passport, voter ID, ration card, and driving license.
- Fill out the PAN card application form: You can download the form from the official website of the Income Tax Department or obtain it from a PAN card agent. Make sure to fill out the form correctly and legibly.
- Submit the application form: You can submit it with the required documents in person at a PAN card agent or by mailing it to the Income Tax Department.
- Pay the fee: You will need to pay a fee for the PAN card, which can be done online or at the PAN card agent.
- Wait for the PAN card to arrive: Once the application is processed, the PAN card will be sent to your mailing address within a few weeks.
- Check the status of the application: You can check the status of your PAN card application on the Income Tax Department's website.
Track the Status of the 48 Hours PAN Card Application
Follow the steps provided to track the status of your PAN Card application.
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department of India.
- Click on the "Track PAN/TAN Application" link on the homepage.
- Select the "PAN - New/Change Request" option and enter the acknowledgement number provided to you at the time of applying.
- Click on "Submit", and your PAN Card application status will be displayed on the screen.
- You can also track your PAN Card application status via SMS by sending an SMS to 57575 with the text "PAN <Acknowledgment Number>".
- Another way to track the status of your PAN Card is by calling the toll-free number of the Income Tax Department of India at 1800-180-1961 and providing your acknowledgement number.
Can I Take a PAN Card Personally From Income Tax Office?
You can take your PAN card personally from the Income Tax office. You must bring your PAN application acknowledgement slip and proof of identity, address, and date of birth. You may also need to provide additional documents if the Income Tax office requires them. It is recommended to check with the Income Tax office beforehand to confirm the documents required and the process for collecting your PAN card.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Pan Card
- Pan Card status UTIITSL
- Link Aadhaar Pan Card
- Duplicate PAN Card
- Minor PAN Card
- Know Your PAN Card
- PAN Card Name Change
- CSC PAN Card
- Pan Card Update
- Pan Card Status
- NSDL PAN Card Status
- Apply Pan Card Online
- PAN Card Verification
- Download PAN Card
- Instant PAN Card Through Aadhaar
- Change Address in Pan Card
- Link PAN Card with Bank Account
- Surrender PAN Card
- AO Code for PAN
- Pan Card LIC link
- PAN Card Eligibility
- PAN Card Correction Form
- Documents Required for PAN Card
- Bank PAN Number
- PAN Card Cancellation
- TAN Verification
- Form 61
- Difference Between PAN and TAN, and TIN
- PAN Cards For Partnership
- PAN Card Rejection
- PAN Card Customer Care
- PAN Card For NRI
- Pan Card Details
- TAN Number
- PAN Card Fees
- Annexure A PAN Card
- PAN Full Form
- Link PAN Card with EPF
- PAN AIN Registration
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
FAQ's About Get PAN Card in 48 Hours
Is it possible to have two PAN cards under the same name?
No, having two PAN cards under the same name is impossible. Having two PAN cards under the same name is considered a violation of the Income Tax Act and is punishable by law.
How many days does it take to get a PAN card issued?
It usually takes 15-20 days for a PAN card to be issued after the application has been submitted and processed. However, authorities have arranged for citizens to apply for and acquire a PAN Card in 48 hours.
Do I have to pay charges to obtain a PAN card?
There is a fee associated with obtaining a PAN card. The fee is currently INR 93 (for Indian citizens) and INR 864 (for foreign citizens) if applying online through the NSDL website.
Do I have to link my Aadhaar with my PAN card?
Yes, per the government’s directive, linking your Aadhaar card with your PAN card is mandatory. This ensures no duplication of PAN cards and prevents tax evasion. It may become invalid if your PAN card is not linked with your Aadhaar card.
How can I make PAN card payments?
You can make PAN card payments online through the official website of the Income Tax Department of India. Moreover, you can pay using a credit card, debit card, or net banking. Also, you can make PAN card payments offline by visiting a bank or post office and depositing the fee in cash or by cheque/demand draft.
How can I apply for a PAN card offline?
To apply for a PAN card offline, you must fill out Form 49A, the application form for a PAN card. You can obtain this form from the official website of the Income Tax Department or a PAN card agent.