BOB NRO FD Scheme
The Bank Of Baroda NRO/NRE tenure ranges from min 1 Year to max 10 Year 2 Days . The ROI ranges from 5.45% to 5.65 % for the general public. The lock-in period for this scheme is 10 Year 2 Days
Bank Of Baroda NRO/NRE Scheme for amount below ₹ 2.0 Cr
The rate of interest for deposited amount less than ₹ 2.0 Cr is as below
Interest Rate for General Public (p.a.)
|1 Year Upto 1 Year 1 Months 5 Days|
|1 Year 1 Months 5 Days Upto 2 Year|
|2 Year Upto 3 Year|
|3 Year Upto 5 Year 1 Months 7 Days|
|5 Year 1 Months 7 Days Upto 10 Year 2 Days|
|Upto 1 Year|
Key features of Bank Of Baroda NRO/NRE Scheme
Summary of Bank Of Baroda NRO/NRE Scheme features :
|Mutual Fund Schemes|
AAA CRISIL Rating
10 Year 2 Days
|Loan Against FD|
1 Year to 10 Year 2 Days
5.45% to 5.65 %
*Interest rates are subject to change at the discretion of the bank. These Interest rates are with effect from 10 November 2021.
What is a BOB NRO FD Scheme?
A Bank of Baroda NRO FD scheme is a fixed investment term plan that lets you deposit money into an account for a predetermined period and earn interest benefits on your deposits.
These deposits typically have a maturity date, anywhere from one week to ten years. Additionally, the Bank of Baroda NRO FD rate entirely depends on the length of your investment.
Depending on the investment tenure, the bank allows you to receive the deposit at the maturity of the investment duration.
Eligibility CriteriaAn NRO FD account can be opened by either an NRI (non-resident Indian) or a PIO/OCI (person of Indian origin)/OCI (overseas citizen of Indian origin). The requirements to qualify for the same are listed below:
NRI (Non-Resident Indian)
For the following reasons, an Indian national may apply for an NRO FD with the Bank of Baroda:
- Indian nationals in the fields of business, study, employment, or vocation
- Indians who are employed by foreign airlines or who work on oil rigs or as sailors
- Individuals appointed in UN organisations or representatives sent abroad by PSUs or the Indian government.
OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)/PIO (Person of Indian origin)
Passport holders who are:
- Spouses of PIOs or Indian citizens
- Had an Indian passport at any given period
- Under the Indian Citizen Act of 1955 or the Indian Constitution, their grandmother or parent was a citizen of India.
Documents Required to Open NRO FD
If you are an NRI willing to open an NRO account with Bank of Baroda, you must furnish the following documents:
- A scanned copy of your passport
- Documents associated with your NRI status, such as Student ID, Resident/Employment/Work Visa, a duplicate copy of Dependent Visa and Residence Permit
- Proof associated with your PIO/OCI status, such as PIO or OCI Card, valid Passport, Voter Card, Ration Card, Birth Certificate, NRE account statement, Marriage Certificate, Voter Card of Mother/Father/Spouse/Grand Parents
- Documents associated with communication address
- PAN Card or Form 60
Bank of Baroda NRO FD: Benefits
NRO Rupee Deposit at Bank of Baroda offers several benefits to the depositor:
- Attractive and competitive NRO FD rates
- Flexible NRO FD tenure starting from 7 days.
- Partial withdrawals of deposits are permitted.
- With the automatic renewal of interest and principal on maturity, the auto-renewal service allows you to keep earning interest.
- Investors can have an overdraft facility for up to 85% of the deposit.
- In times of monetary emergency, the bank permits you to cash the early deposit.
How to Apply for a Bank of Baroda NRO FD?
Applying for BOB NRO FD has become easier with the infusion of technology in the banking sector. You can pin your hopes online or offline, which fits you best.
To apply for NRO FD through online mode, visit the nearest bank branch and get in touch with the executive, Know the requirements, and collect the deposit form. Fill out the form and submit the same with the required set of documents.
If you want to open an FD account online, visit the official portal and look for available fixed deposit schemes. Choose NRO Rupee Deposit, provide the necessary details and submit your application.
How to Download an NRO FD Application Form
To download the NRO FD application form from the Bank of Baroda website, you must follow the following steps:
- Visit the official portal of the Bank of Baroda.
- Click on the Customer Services tab and select 'Download Forms.'
- From the available options, choose the NRO FD Application form
- Click on 'Download'.
Why Should You Choose a Bank of Baroda NRO Fixed Deposit?
One of the top lenders in the financial industry, Bank of Baroda provides a range of services to its clients. The advantages of Bank of Baroda NRO fixed deposits are numerous. It offers competitive interest rates starting from 3% and going as high as 5.65%. Additionally, you have a variable tenure option between 7 days and ten years.
You can also obtain a loan against the NRO FDs with certain restrictions. The Bank of Baroda offers the option of premature withdrawal as well. Investors also get an option to add beneficiaries to the NRO FD account.
Even when you're away from home, opening a Bank of Baroda NRO FD Account enables you to earn extra money in India at a competitive interest rate. Choosing an NRO fixed deposit could be one of the foremost investment choices.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
Other FD Schemes By Bank Of Baroda
Top Bank FD Schemes
Is NRO FD tax-free?
No, NRO FD is not tax-free. As per Indian laws, the interest earned through NRO FD falls in the category of taxable income.
Is it good to invest in NRO FD?
It is good to invest in NRO FD, especially when looking forward to parking your savings in risk-free instruments that can provide great returns.
What is the minimum tenure for NRO FD?
The minimum NRO FD tenure is seven days; at maximum, it goes up to 10 years.