- 5 K
- 1 Cr
Investments To Returns Ratio:
Canara Bank FD calculator helps in calculating the interest that you will earn on your hard-earned income restored through the FD account. Ammembal Subba Rao Pai founded Canara Bank in the year 1906. The Indian government owns one of the biggest public sector banks, Canara Bank. For its fixed deposits, it provides competitive interest rates in comparison to other banks.
The rates change depending on the term selected; a shorter tenure offers lower charges, and vice versa. The highest interest rate offered up to one year is 5.50%, while prices up to a tenure of five years may vary just slightly. The interest rates over a five-year period are nearly equal if they are carefully studied. Canara bank FD calculator helps you to calculate the interest rate and helps in proper investment choice.
Canara Bank Fixed Deposit Features
Fixed deposit is one of the common investment practices among the masses. The Fixed Deposit by Canara Bank offers attractive interest rates as well as returns. The Canara Bank Fixed Deposit may have the following features:
- It allows you to have the joint account
- The Maturity period can start from 7 days and can stretch to a maximum of 10 years.
- The Canara Bank provides flexible FD rates for the general people for deposits less than Rs 2 crores- 2.95% p.a. to 5.50% p.a.
- Another striking feature is that the loan can be secured for up to 90% of the FD value.
- For the senior citizen, the Fixed Deposit rates vary from 2.95% p.a. to 6.00% p.a. in case of a deposit of fewer than two crores.
- Partial withdraws are allowed in the multiples of Rs 1000
- The overdue deposits are treated with rates similar to the savings account.
- The interest amount is subjected to taxation according to the TDS or Tax Deduction Source of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- It provides the nomination facility. The Canara Bank depositors can always nominate the beneficiaries.
- The Canara Bank also offers an auto-renewal facility for the deposit account.
- The depositors can open and manage the Canara Bank FD schemes as per their needs and convenience.
- In fact, Canara Bank provides their depositor with the facility to take a loan against their FDs.
Canara Bank FD calculator helps you estimate how much interest you will earn on your hard-earned money parked in the FD account.
What is a Canara Bank Fix Deposit Calculator?
The Canara Bank FD rates Calculator can be used to predict the amount of interest you will receive on the money you have worked so hard to save up for.
With the Canara bank fixed deposit interest rates calculator 2023, determining the maturity value of your fixed deposit takes just a few seconds. Simply fill out each field with the appropriate information, such as the monthly investment amount, tenure, and rate. The system will compute the maturity value in a matter of seconds.
However, the rates differ with the tenure of the deposit chosen; the shorter the tenure, the fewer rates, and vice versa. For example, the highest rate of interest provided annually is 5.50 %, and there are slight differences in the rates up to the tenure of 5 years.
How to use Canara Bank FD Calculator?
With the FD calculator in Canara Bank, calculating the maturity and value of your fixed deposit using the Canara Bank FD calculator just takes hardly a minute. You need to fill in all the respective fields, i.e. all the details pertaining to your FD accounts, such as monthly investment amount, tenure, and rate, and it will calculate the maturity value within a fraction of a second.
With the help of the Canara bank deposit calculator, you can calculate the maturity amount for a fixed deposit in the Canara Bank. The FD Calculator help in estimating the amount you will get once the Canara bank Deposit matures. You need to input the following information, investment amount, tenure, and compounding period to determine the Canara Bank Fixed Deposit interest and maturity amount.
The Canara bank fixed deposit interest calculator customs the input provided by you, processes it and also provides the output. The input details include the investment amount, interest rate, compounding frequency, tenure, and payout period. It provides the wealth gained and maturity amount as an output. You can use the Canara bank fixed deposit rates calculator with two different approaches, i.e. investment amount and target amount.
Generally, the interest is calculated through Canara Bank fixed deposit calculator by multiplying the principal amount, the rate of interest per year, and the tenure in years.
How Does a Canara FD Calculator Work?
Generally, the interest is calculated by multiplying the principal amount, the rate of interest per year, and the tenure in years. With the help of the Fixed deposit in the Canara bank calculator, you can calculate the maturity amount for a fixed deposit in the Canara Bank. The FD Calculator help in estimating the amount you will get once the Canara bank Deposit matures. You need to input the following information, investment amount, tenure, and compounding period to determine the Canara Bank Fixed Deposit interest and maturity amount and the result will be derived through the Canara bank fixed deposit interest rate calculator.
Formula to determine Canara Bank FD Returns?
The interest is determined by multiplying the principal amount, the rate of interest per year, and the tenure in years.
The formula that is used to calculate the maturity amount on Canara Bank FD is
A = P(1+r/n)^nt
The terminology can be described as follows:
- A = Maturity amount
- P = Invested amount
- r = Interest rate as a decimal
- n = number of times interest is compounded
- t = tenure of the deposit
However, one can also avoid intricate calculations by using the online FD Interest Calculator Canara Bank to estimate the value of interest earned on the deposited amount.
Benefits of using Canara Fix Deposit Calculator
The Benefits of the Canara Bank Calculator FD can be summarised as follows -
- The calculator is easy to use and provides an easy calculation process
- This is a tool that enables you to calculate the rate of interest you can earn on the deposit for a specific term.
- The calculator helps immensely in selecting the right tenure by allowing you to just compute the results in seconds.
- Can you the multiple time to change the values
- It helps to calculate and estimate the amount of interest you will earn through the FD account
- The FD calculator is very simple to use, and it helps to compare different tenures with different rates of interest rates from the various banks.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
Know More About
Canara Bank's Ifsc Codes
- Canara Bank Andaman and Nicobar
- Canara Bank Andhra Pradesh
- Canara Bank Assam
- Canara Bank Bihar
- Canara Bank Chandigarh
- Canara Bank Chhattisgarh
- Canara Bank Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Canara Bank Delhi
- Canara Bank Gujarat
- Canara Bank Haryana
- Canara Bank Himachal Pradesh
- Canara Bank Jammu and Kashmir
- Canara Bank Jharkhand
- Canara Bank Karnataka
- Canara Bank Kerala
- Canara Bank Lakshadweep
- Canara Bank Madhya Pradesh
- Canara Bank Maharashtra
- Canara Bank Manipur
- Canara Bank Meghalaya
- Canara Bank Mizoram
- Canara Bank Nagaland
- Canara Bank Odisha
- Canara Bank Puducherry
- Canara Bank Punjab
- Canara Bank Rajasthan
- Canara Bank Tamil Nadu
- Canara Bank Telangana
- Canara Bank Tripura
- Canara Bank Uttarakhand
- Canara Bank Uttar Pradesh
- Canara Bank West Bengal
- Axis Bank FD Calculator
- ICICI Bank FD Calculator
- HDFC Bank FD Calculator
- Bank of Baroda FD Calculator
- Union Bank of India FD Calculator
- State Bank of India FD Calculator
- Punjab National Bank FD Calculator
- YES Bank FD Calculator
- IDBI Bank FD Calculator
- CITI Bank FD Calculator
- IDFC FIRST Bank FD Calculator
- Deutsche Bank FD Calculator
- RBL Bank FD Calculator
- DCB Bank FD Calculator
- Kotak Bank FD Calculator
Canara Bank's Products
Canara Bank's Calculators
Fixed Deposit Rate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the current FD rate of Canara bank?
The Canara Bank Offers 7.50 % p.a. for the Canara Fixed Deposit investment.
What is the interest of 1 lakh in Canara Bank?
The highest Canara Bank FD rates for general citizens is 7.15% p.a. and 7.65% p.a. for senior citizens. The highest rate of interest on Canara Bank 1 year FD scheme is 6.75% p.a.
Which FD is better in Canara Bank?
In general, the 1-year FD is better in Canara Bank. The highest interest rate on Canara Bank 1 year FD scheme is 6.75% p.a.
Can I take a loan against a fixed deposit in Canara bank?
Yes, one can take a loan against a fixed deposit in Canara Bank. The Canara Bank accepts online applications for loans against fixed deposits. The bank in general offers up to 90% of the total value of your deposit as a loan. One can definitely avail loan against the Fixed Deposit in cases such as if your credit score is low, you do not meet the income eligibility criteria, or if one has no other assets to pledge for a secured loan. The interest rate on such loans ranges between 1% and 2% above the FD rate and can be repaid in up to 60 months.
Can I withdraw my FD before maturity in Canara bank?
No, you cannot. The interest will, be payable on term deposits prematurely closed/prematurely extended before completion of the 7th day. A penalty of 1.00% is applicable on Term Deposits under Capital Gains Account Scheme-1988, which are prematurely converted/withdrawn/closed, irrespective of the size of the deposit amount.
Is Canara bank safe for FD?
Yes, the Canara Bank is safe for fixed deposits. The principal and interest amount of fixed deposits is insured for up to Rs. 1 lakh under the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) as mandated by the Reserve Bank of India.
How FD maturity is calculated in Canara bank?
The FD Maturity is calculated in Canara Bank as:
The terminology can be described as
- A = P(1+r/n)^nt
- A = Maturity amount.
- P = Invested amount.
- r = Interest rate as a decimal.
- n = the number of times interest is compounded.
- t = tenure of the deposit.
How many years FD will double in Canara Bank?
The current highest Canara Bank FD interest rate is 7.15%. Therefore, the investors will double the investment in 10.07 years. Similarly, senior citizen depositors will double their FD investment in 9.41 years, where the highest FD rate for senior citizens is 7.65%.
What are the Canara bank FD interest rates for senior canarazens?
The Canara Bank offers FD interest rates of 3.25-7.15% p.a. to the general public and 3.25-7.65% p.a. to senior citizens on tenures ranging from 7 days to 10 years. The interest rate on Canara Bank Tax Saving FDs is 6.50% p.a. to the general public for tenures of 5 years.
Get your latest Credit Score, FREE