Punjab & Sind Bank
With the foresight of luminaries like Bhai Vir Singh, Sir Sunder Singh Majitha, and Sardar Tarlochan Singh, a modest concept to help the country's poorest citizens resulted in the founding of Punjab & Sind Bank in the year 1908. They were held in the highest regard by the Punjabi populace. The bank was established on the social responsibility premise in order to support the economically underprivileged members of society in their efforts to improve their standard of living. Despite the passage of time, Punjab & Sind Bank remains dedicated to upholding the founding fathers' social obligations.
Enter 6 Digit OTP
We have just sent a verificaton code to
Send the code again
Change mobile number/email address
Check Punjab & Sind Bank Loan Eligibility
Loans offered by Punjab & Sind Bank
|Punjab & Sind Bank Loans||Interest Rate||Processing Fee||Loan Amount/Tenure|
|Punjab & Sind Bank Personal Loan|
Up to 1%
Up to ₹10L
Tenure(Up to 5 Years)
|Punjab & Sind Bank Home Loan|
Up to 1%
₹5L - ₹5Cr
Tenure(Up to 10 Years)
Features and Benefits of Punjab & Sind Bank
Punjab & Sind Bank are mostly known for rendering excellent services and the bank's most popular savings account. Given below are some significant features and benefits that PSB offers:
- Attractive Interest Rates: Whether you opt for loans, deposits, or any other product/service, the bank offers an attractive interest rate on them.
- Minimal Documentation: If you already own a savings account with the bank, you can avail of loans and open deposit accounts with minimal documentation.
- Quick Loan Disbursal: Punjab & Sind Bank is primarily popular for quick loan processing and disbursal. The only thing applicants need to ensure is that they must have the required documents handy.
- Various Government Schemes: The bank allows its customers to access multiple government schemes, such as PPF, Pension Accounts, National Pension Scheme (NPS), Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme, and Senior Citizen Savings Scheme.
- Flexible Repayment Tenures on Loans: With PSB, you can choose a loan repayment tenure that suits your needs as it offers a flexible loan repayment tenure of up to 10 years.
Punjab & Sind Bank Overview
Punjab & Sind Bank, also known as PSB, is an Indian Government bank that operates under the ownership of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The bank is headquartered in New Delhi.
As per data recorded on March 31, 2020, the bank owns 1526 branches across the country, of which 635 branches are in Punjab, and 25 zonal offices are situated all over the country.
PSB is one of the leading Public Sector Banks in Northern India, which accepts deposits and makes advances and investments. The bank is primarily divided into priority sector banking, corporate banking, retail banking, treasury operations, and other banking services, including agency functions for insurance distribution of mutual funds, pension, and tax collection services.
Since 2004, Punjab & Sind bank has projected a growth of over 40% year on year. Moreover, its IPO (Initial Public Offering) was oversubscribed more than 50 times.
Products and Services Offered by Punjab & Sind Bank
Punjab & Sind Bank offers various products and services and a few government schemes. The details of the same are as follows:
This product is further categorised into different types of accounts, including -
- Current Account
- Savings Account
- PSB Premier Saving Account
- PSB Salary PLUS Account - UDAAN
- PSB Premier Current Account
- PSB DigiBiz Current Deposit Scheme
- Basic Saving Bank Deposit Account
- PSB Smart Business Flexi Current Scheme
PSB Term Deposits
A term deposit is a fixed-term investment which allows investors to deposit money in the account for a specified period. In turn, the deposit offers a return on the invested amount at the tenure end. PSB offers the following term deposit schemes:
- PSB Fixed Deposit
- PSB Tax Saver
- PSB Recurring Deposit Account
- PSB Nanhe Chaman Term Deposits
- Flexi Savings Deposit Product
- PSB Special Rate for Special Days
- PSB Grih Laxmi Fixed Deposit Scheme
- PSB Investment Plus - 501 Days
- PSB the Power of 400 Days
These products have the lowest risk factors as the Government of India backs them. Therefore, investing in such schemes is the safest investment you can make. PSB government schemes consist of -
- Pension Account
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Sukanaya Samriddhi Scheme
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
Punjab & Sind Bank offers a wide range of retail loans, namely -
- PSB Apna Ghar – Sahaj
- PSB Apna Vahan – Sugam
- PSB Apna Ghar
- PSB Apna Vahan
- PSB Apna Ghar Top Up
- PSB Excellence – Education Loan
- PSB Education Loan
- PSB Skill Education Loan
- PSB Personal Loan
- PSB Gold Loan
- PSB Kisan Home Loan
- PSB Contractor Plus
- PSB Mortgage
- PSB Vyapar
- PSB Doctors Special
- PSB Sukhmoney Scheme for Senior Citizens
Besides these, the bank also offers MSME Schemes & Codes, International Banking, Social Banking, and more.
Punjab & Sind Bank Corporate Office Details with Contact numbers and Email ID
In case of any queries, you may approach Punjab & Sind Bank corporate office at the below-mentioned address:
Head Office: 21, Rajendra Place, New Delhi-110008
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Numbers: You can also connect with the bank by reaching out on the following numbers.
- For any queries or complaints, call on PSB’s toll-free number – 1800-419-8300
- For submitting Cheque clearing issued details through PPS, you may send an SMS at – 8652634668
- For freezing your account, SMS at – 8828837411
- For blocking Debit/ATM cards, send an SMS at – 9223815844
- For balance enquiry, give a missed call at – 7039035156
The bank also facilitates a women's helpline, which intends to offer a Digital Complaint Registration System for women affected by violence through referral, cyber crimes against women, police apathy, etc. One can call at 7827170170.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
From refinancing to reducing your interest, we have the answers right here.
Is Punjab Sind bank private or government?
Punjab and Sind Bank is an Indian nationalised government Bank.
Is PNB and Punjab Sind bank the same?
Punjab & Sind Bank is one single bank.
What is the minimum balance in Punjab and Sind Bank?
For individuals in rural and semi-urban areas, the minimum balance in savings accounts must be ₹ 500; for individuals in urban and metro cities, the minimum balance in Punjab & Sind Bank savings accounts must be ₹ 1000.
How good is Punjab & Sind Bank?
PSB Bank is good at various aspects. The savings accounts services are good, and their loan approval services are also faster. Moreover, the Bank is earning better compared to previous years.
Is Punjab and Sind Bank a Nationalised bank?
Yes, PSB is an Indian nationalised bank.
Who is the owner of Punjab Sindh Bank?
The Ministry of Finance, under the Government of India, owns the Punjab & Sind Bank.
Get your latest Credit Score, FREE
Get in-depth knowledge about all things related to loans and your finances
Currency Revamp Countdown: Deposit or Exchange Your Rs 2000 Notes
After the unexpected turn of demonetisation, banning the INR 2,000 notes in India has sent shockwaves through the citizenry. The abrupt announcement has left people in a state of bewilderment, con
List of Best Payment Gateways in India
In India, the e-Tailing market is in full swing as a huge proportion of the population has started giving preference to online shopping instead of offline shopping. Additionally, technological adva
Home Equity Loan for Financial Growth
Home equity loans, also known as equity loans, home equity installment loans, or second mortgages, are a type of consumer debt. Home equity loans can be used as collateral for loans by homeowners.