Link Your PAN Card with EPF Account: EPFO PAN Card KYC
The Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) is a retirement savings scheme available to all salaried employees in India. If you're an EPF account holder, keeping your KYC details up to date is essential, and linking your EPF account with your PAN card is one such crucial update. By performing EPFO PAN card KYC, you can easily access your account, view your balance, and track your contributions.
Not only this, but linking your EPF account with your PAN card also helps you avail of various benefits such as tax exemptions and deductions and hassle-free withdrawal of funds during emergencies. It also helps avoid discrepancies or errors while filing income tax returns.
In this blog, we'll guide you through the EPFO KYC PAN card update process and the benefits of linking your EPF account with your PAN card. So, let's get started!
Importance of EPFO PAN Card KYC Update
Updating your KYC details in EPFO can offer you several advantages, including a hassle-free claim process and the ability to access multiple benefits. You can enable online withdrawal claims by updating your KYC information, receiving monthly SMS updates regarding your PF information, and smoothly transferring EPF accounts. Additionally, updating your PAN information can lower the TDS charge from 34.608% to 10% if you withdraw your PF before completing five years of service. Therefore, keeping your KYC details up to date is essential to enjoy these benefits and make the most of your EPFO account.
By logging into the EPF UAN portal and uploading the necessary documents online, employees can revise their KYC info on the official EPFO member portal through their UAN credentials. Completing the process takes little time if the registered bank account details are correct and complete. However, it may take some time if they are not.
What is EPFO KYC?
EPFO KYC is an essential aspect that employees must be familiar with. It is crucial to complete the KYC process to access the various e-Seva services provided through the EPFO KYC portal. The portal offers services such as account transfers, tax claims, and nominations requiring a completed KYC process. If the KYC update is still pending, the EPFO may reject the service request and ask the employee to update their PF KYC information.
What are the Steps to Link PAN with EPF Account Online?
To link your PAN with your EPF account online, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the EPFO Member Portal: Go to the EPFO member portal.
- Log in to the portal using your UAN (Universal Account Number) and password.
- Go to the 'KYC' section: Once logged in, click the 'KYC' tab on the main menu.
- Enter your PAN details: In the KYC section, you will see an option to enter your PAN details. Enter your PAN number and click on 'Save.'
- Authenticate your PAN: After entering your PAN details, the portal will ask you to authenticate your PAN. Click 'Verify' and enter the details per your PAN card. You can also choose to link your PAN using Aadhaar OTP.
- Submit your request: Once your PAN is authenticated, click 'Submit' to complete the process.
- Wait for verification: Your request to link your PAN with your EPF account will now be sent for verification. It usually takes a few days for the verification process to be completed.
Once you finish the verification process, your PAN will be linked to your EPF account. Followed by this, you will be able to see the updated details on the EPFO member portal.
Step-By-Step Offline Procedure to Link PAN with EPF Account
The offline procedure to link your PAN (Permanent Account Number) with your EPF (Employee Provident Fund) account is as follows:
- Obtain the PAN verification form from the EPF website or your employer.
- Fill in the form with your personal details, including your name, date of birth, PAN number, and EPF account number.
- Attach a copy of your PAN card with the form.
- Submit the form along with a copy of your PAN card to your employer or the nearest EPF office.
- After completing the verification process, your PAN will be linked to your EPF account.
It is essential to note that linking PAN with your EPF account is mandatory, and failure to do so may result in difficulties in withdrawing your EPF balance or claiming tax benefits. Therefore, it is advisable to complete the EPFO KYC Pan card link process as soon as possible.
Can you Find your PF Account Number on Your PAN Card?
Yes, you can find your PF account number through your PAN card with ease. Here’s what you need to do to get your PF account number using your PAN number:
- Go to the official EPFO portal and log in to your account using your credentials.
- Once you have logged in to your account, click on the ‘Activate UAN’ tab.
- Provider the asked details, including your PAN number, name, DOB, contact number and captcha.
- Now, click on ‘Get Authorisation PIN’ to receive the OPT to move forward with the process.
- Enter the OTP that you have received on your registered mobile number and select ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
- Post validation, you will get the UAN and password on the registered phone number.
- After you log in to the portal using these credentials, the PF Account Number will be displayed on the screen under the ‘Member Profile’ section.
What are the Benefits of Having an EPF Account?
An EPF (Employee Provident Fund) account is a retirement savings scheme for employees in India. It offers several benefits to the account holder, which include:
- Retirement savings: One of the primary benefits of having an EPF account is that it helps an individual save for their retirement. The employee and employer contribute to the account, accumulating over time and can be withdrawn on retirement.
- Tax benefits: EPF contributions are eligible for tax deductions under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. The interest earned on the contributions is also tax-free, making it an attractive investment option for individuals.
- Insurance benefits: In addition to the retirement savings component, EPF also provides life insurance and disability coverage to its members. The insurance coverage is provided at no extra cost to the account holder.
- Emergency withdrawals: EPF also allows individuals to withdraw a portion of their savings in case of emergencies such as medical expenses, marriage, education, or home purchase. The rules regarding emergency withdrawals are subject to certain conditions.
- Transferable: An EPF account is transferable between jobs, making it easy for individuals to continue saving for retirement even if they switch employers.
Overall, an EPF account is a beneficial savings scheme for employees, offering a secure and tax-efficient way to save for retirement while providing insurance coverage and emergency withdrawal options.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Pan Card
- Pan Card status UTIITSL
- Link Aadhaar Pan Card
- Duplicate PAN Card
- Minor PAN Card
- Know Your PAN Card
- PAN Card Name Change
- CSC PAN Card
- Pan Card Update
- Pan Card Status
- NSDL PAN Card Status
- Apply Pan Card Online
- PAN Card Verification
- Download PAN Card
- Instant PAN Card Through Aadhaar
- Change Address in Pan Card
- Link PAN Card with Bank Account
- Surrender PAN Card
- AO Code for PAN
- Pan Card LIC link
- PAN Card Eligibility
- PAN Card Correction Form
- Documents Required for PAN Card
- Bank PAN Number
- PAN Card Cancellation
- TAN Verification
- Form 61
- Difference Between PAN and TAN, and TIN
- PAN Cards For Partnership
- PAN Card Rejection
- PAN Card Customer Care
- PAN Card For NRI
- Pan Card Details
- TAN Number
- PAN Card in 48 Hours
- PAN Card Fees
- Annexure A PAN Card
- PAN Full Form
- PAN AIN Registration
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the usual timeframe for EPFO to approve KYC documents?
EPFO typically takes 3-5 working days to review and approve your KYC documents.
Is it mandatory to update KYC information online?
No, updating KYC information online is not compulsory, but it can help keep track of your data.
Do I need to upload my documents to the EPFO portal?
No, there is no requirement to upload your documents to the EPFO portal.
Do I have to check the status of my documents on the UAN portal every day?
No, it is not necessary to check the status of your documents on the UAN portal every day.
How can I get in touch with the UAN portal if I have any queries?
You can contact the UAN portal’s customer service through their toll-free number, 1800118005, available 24/7.