PAN Card Correction 2023
PAN (Permanent Account Number) is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric identity issued to individuals, companies, firms, trusts and limited liability partnerships (LLPs) to enable them to file income tax returns. The PAN card issued by the Income Tax Department of India is necessary for financial transactions such as opening a bank account, filing income tax returns, and investing. If there are any mistakes in the PAN card, they must be corrected to ensure that all information is accurate and up-to-date.
A PAN card correction can either be done online or offline. The correction process is simple and easy and can be completed in a few steps. Keep reading this blog to learn where to find the PAN Card Correction Form, how to check the PAN card correction form status, and how to apply the PAN card correction form online and offline.
How Can You Apply for a PAN Card Correction Form Online?
NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) allows applicants to correct or update their PAN Card information online. Follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for the PAN card correction form online:
Step 1: Visit the official NSDL E-Governance portal.
Step 2: Navigate to the 'Services' section at the top of the homepage and select the 'PAN' option.
Step 3: You will get redirected to another page encapsulating everything associated with the PAN card.
Step 4: Scroll down to the 'Change/Correction in PAN Data' section. Click on 'Apply.'
Step 4: You will be directed to the different webpage where you have to fill out the correction form. Choose "Changes or Correction" under the 'Application Type.'
Step 5: Choose the appropriate 'Category' from the drop-down menu. For instance, select 'Individual' from the list if your PAN contains your name. However, choose' Company' from the menu if your company's name is registered on the card.
Step 6: Furnish the applicant details, such as your name, contact number, email address, DOB, PAN number, etc.
Step 7: Check the consent box, enter the Captcha Code and click on 'Submit'.
Step 8: Once you have submitted your application, NSDL will register your request and send a Token Number to your registered email address.
Step 9: The page suggests three options for document submission. Choose the "Submit scanned images through e-Sign on NSDL e-gov" option.
Step 10: Furnish all the required details, including your father's name, your mother's name (optional) and your Aadhaar Number. Click on 'Next.'
Step 11: The website will redirect you to a new web page where you can update your address.
Step 12: Upload all the mandatory documents like proof of identity, proof of address, proof of age, and PAN.
Step 13: Sign the declaration and click on the 'Submit' button.
Step 14: You will be redirected to the payment page upon submission. You can pay through different modes, including Net banking, Demand Draft, Debit or Credit Card.
Step 15: The website will generate the acknowledgement slip once you complete the payment.
Step 16: Take an envelope and mention the 'Application for PAN Change' and the acknowledgement number on top of it. Put all the physical documents along with the acknowledgement slip and send this envelope to the NSDL e-gov office.
How Can You Download the PAN Card Correction Form?
You can download the PAN Card correction form online by visiting the official website of the Income Tax Department (www.incometaxindia.gov.in). On the website, go to the 'Downloads' section, and select 'Forms'. It will show you the list of all the forms available for download. Select 'Form 49A - Application for Allotment of Permanent Account Number' to download the PAN Card Correction Form.
After filling it out, you can send it to the nearest NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) collection centre.
The NSDL portal offers the facility for downloading e-PAN, categorised into types — PAN cards issued in the last 30 days and PAN cards issued older or more than 30 days.
How Can You Apply for the PAN Card Correction Form Offline?
To apply for the PAN card correction form offline, a cardholder can submit the PAN correction form with all required details at the nearest NSDL collection centre. Also, you must file a letter with the Jurisdictional Assessing Officer.
Importance of PAN Card Correction
PAN card correction is the process of updating the information on an existing PAN card. This could be due to a change in name, address, date of birth, or other details. PAN card correction can be done online or offline, depending on the requirements of the individual. Online PAN card correction can be done on the official NSDL website, while offline PAN card correction can be done by visiting a PAN card centre.
What are the Documents Required for PAN Card Correction?
The following documents are required for PAN card correction:
- A copy of your PAN card
- Identity proof such as an Aadhaar card, driving licence, or passport
- Address proof such as a bank statement, electricity bill, or ration card
- An affidavit or declaration as per Form No. 60/61
- Any other documents as specified by the Income Tax Department of India.
However, the documents required for the PAN card correction vary for different applicants and are mentioned below:
For Indian Citizens and Hindu Undivided Families (HUF)
If you are an individual or belong to HUF (Hindu Undivided Family), you must prepare the following documents beforehand to put forward hassle-free PAN Card Correction.
- Valid Ration Card incorporating cardholder's photo.
- Arm's licence (if needed).
- Any photo ID card issued by Government officials (Central or State Government)
- PPO Certificate or Pension Card.
- Passbook issued by the Post office incorporating residence address.
- Updated Property Tax Assessment Order.
- House allocation letter furnished by the State/ Central Government.
- Domicile certificate issued by the State Government.
- Certificate of Property Registration.
- Utility bills including electricity bill, phone bill, etc.
- Bank and Credit Card statements(latest).
Documents Associated to DOB:
- Birth Certificate issued by the hospital.
- Photo ID card furnished by the State/ Central Government.
- Health Scheme Card containing photographs.
- PPO Certificate.
Documents Required For Foreign Citizens
As a foreign citizen to perform PAN card correction, prepare the listed documents beforehand:
- Valid Passport
- Card validating you as a Person of Indian Origin.
- Card validating you as an Overseas Citizen of India.
- Document enlisting your Citizenship Identification Number.
- A tax identification number validated by the Apostille/ the Indian embassy/ the Indian Consulate.
- Bank Statements provided by the officials from the resident country.
- NRE bank account statement.
- Certificate pertaining to you as an Indian resident.
- Documents provided by the employer, including work visa, appointment letters, etc.
For Indian Companies
Indian companies looking forward to making PAN Card corrections must prepare the following document per their organisation type.
|Nature of the Organisation||Copy of Required Documents|
|Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)||Certificate of Registration furnished by the Registrar of LLPs|
|Trust (People's Association)||
|AJP (Artificial Juridical Person), BOI (Body of Individuals), AOP (Association of Persons), Local Authority||
What are the Advantages of PAN Card Correction?
PAN card correction has several advantages, as it helps update the data on the PAN card and linked databases. Here's what becomes easier when the information on the PAN card is correct and up to date.
- Track your tax payments: PAN card correction helps to track all the tax payments made by you, as the PAN card is linked to your bank account, which makes it easier to maintain a record of all your tax payments.
- Easier to obtain loans: If you wish to take a loan from any bank, you must submit your PAN card. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that the details on your PAN card are correct. With PAN card correction, you can easily make any changes to the details and obtain your loan quickly.
- Helps to identify you: PAN card correction helps to ensure that the details on your PAN card are correct and updated. It enables the authorities to identify you, as all the details mentioned on your PAN card are unique and cannot be replicated.
- Easier to open a bank account: A PAN card with the correct details is essential if you wish to open a bank account. You can easily open a new bank account without any hassle by getting your PAN card corrected.
What are the Processing Fees For the PAN Card Correction?
To put forward PAN card correction, an individual must pay the associated fees and charges. The correlated charges are INR 96, which is inclusive of applicable taxes. The cardholder can pay the charges via DD (Demand Draft), cheque, or credit card.
However, if the cardholder decides to pay the charges through demand draft, the same should be payable in Mumbai. Remember to add your name along with the acknowledgement number on the package (reverse side).
How Can You Check the PAN Card Correction Form Status?
To check whether your new details have been corrected or updated on your PAN Card, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the official NSDL portal.
Step 2: A new page will open. Choose the application type from the drop-down menu as 'PAN New/ Change Request.'
Step 3: Enter the acknowledgement number along with the Captcha Code. Then, click on the 'Submit' button.
If you change your address or name/surname for specific reasons, you must get it corrected/updated on your PAN Card. PAN is one of the mandatory documents required at the time of ITR filing and during any big transactions. Hence, updating it with the correct details is highly recommended.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Pan Card
- Pan Card status UTIITSL
- Link Aadhaar Pan Card
- Duplicate PAN Card
- Minor PAN Card
- Know Your PAN Card
- PAN Card Name Change
- CSC PAN Card
- Pan Card Update
- Pan Card Status
- NSDL PAN Card Status
- Apply Pan Card Online
- PAN Card Verification
- Download PAN Card
- Instant PAN Card Through Aadhaar
- Change Address in Pan Card
- Link PAN Card with Bank Account
- Surrender PAN Card
- AO Code for PAN
- Pan Card LIC link
- PAN Card Eligibility
- Documents Required for PAN Card
- Bank PAN Number
- PAN Card Cancellation
- TAN Verification
- Form 61
- Difference Between PAN and TAN, and TIN
- PAN Cards For Partnership
- PAN Card Rejection
- PAN Card Customer Care
- PAN Card For NRI
- Pan Card Details
- TAN Number
- PAN Card in 48 Hours
- PAN Card Fees
- Annexure A PAN Card
- PAN Full Form
- Link PAN Card with EPF
- PAN AIN Registration
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
PAN Card Correction : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I make corrections to my PAN card?
You can do it online by visiting the NSDL’s official portal or submitting a PAN Correction Form to your nearest NSDL collection centre.
Can we do an online correction on the PAN card?
Yes, online correction on the PAN card is allowed, but in the process end, you have to send the physical documents along with an acknowledgement slip to the NSDL.
What is the charge for correction in the PAN card?
The correction charge in PAN Data is ₹ 96, which is a summation of the application charge (₹ 86) and 12.36% Service Tax.
How long will it take for PAN correction?
It takes 15 to 20 days for the PAN correction to be updated.
Is PAN card fees refundable?
The Income Tax Department of India doesn’t provide PAN Card fees refund.
Does the PAN number change after correction?
The PAN number will remain the same after your signature or surname change/correction.
What are the documents required for correction in the PAN card?
Identity proof, address proof, and proof of date of birth are required for PAN card correction. In the case of companies, trusts, partnership firms, LLPs, etc., you also need to submit the registration certificate from the Registrar of Companies/ LLP/Firms, etc.