Aadhar Card eSignature Process and Validate
An Aadhaar Card is one of the most essential documents that act as identity proof and comes in handy for many bank-related transactions. Over the years, the Government of India has taken significant steps to streamline the process and make it more efficient. After the Covid-19 pandemic, the digital transformation of the banking sector has led to a growth in the need for online payment options. However, to use the Aadhaar Card online, the user must complete the e-Sign Aadhaar card confirmation process.
Aadhar Card e-Signature addresses all the problems existing with the digital certificate tokens and has now become the government-designated way of digitally signing a document. In this article, we will look at what the Aadhar-based Esign is, how to validate E-signature and some of the benefits of this innovative initiative.
Key Highlights of Aadhar Card eSignature
|eSign is an innovative measure launched by the Union Government in order to save the precious time and money of Indian citizens|
|eSign has successfully enabled remote access as you can use the service through laptop, computer, mobile, etc at Anytime.|
|Due to the dual encryption of the signature, the Aadhaar Card eSignature has enhanced levels of security, safety, and reliability.|
|Any documents signed through Aadhar eSign is legally valid throughout the country.|
|It aids in the go green initiative as it reduces the dependency on physical methods of authentication.|
What is an eSign Aadhaar?
The Aadhaar card is the primary identification system in the country. It is trusted and used by millions and consists of the biometric and demographic data of every registered Indian citizen. Aadhar Card e-Signature is the Government-approved method to sign any document digitally. The introduction of the Esign Aadhaar was done to provide a remedy against the problems regarding digital signatures in the country. Since it is an encrypted signature, it can be seamlessly used to sign soft copies of documents like letters, contracts, and agreements.
It is common to get confused between digital and electronic signatures. While electronic signatures usually involve putting your name down on a document, a digital signature is added cryptographically to any document on the digital spectrum.
Benefits of Aadhar Card eSignature
The Aadhaar e-Signature gives the holder the powers of a Jedi Knight. No, really. You can sign and submit documents online without touching a pen or paper. Given below are some of the other benefits of Aadhaar E-Signature:
- The main benefit of Aadhaar e-Sign is that it saves the user a lot of time. No more downloading forms online just to sign them and then reupload them. Your documents will be signed and sent automatically.
- The security with the Aadhaar e-Signature is unparalleled, and nobody can make any changes to your document once it has been signed. The e-signature functions precisely like an encryption code. It is impossible to make any changes to the document without you authorising the same.
- We understand that your e-signature is generated and issued by a third party, which naturally leads to scepticism. What if someone leaks it? They can’t, even if they wanted to. The e-signature is permanently removed from the issuing authority’s server as soon as it is used for the very first time. Further, each e-signature comes with a unique pairing of certification and key.
- Moreover, your e-signature is also legally accepted as binding at banks and other financial institutions.
Aadhar Card eSignature Process
Given below is the step-by-step process to eSign the Aadhaar online:
Step 1: Visit the official UIDAI website.
Step 2: On the homepage, click on “Validity Unknown”.
Step 3: The signature verification window will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4: Choose the signature properties from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: The option to view the certificate will then be displayed on the screen. Click on it.
Step 6: Next, click the NIC Sub-CA for NIC 2011 from the drop-down menu.
Step 7: Select the ‘Add to Trusted Identity’ from the ‘Trust’ icon.
Step 8: Validate the signature option.
How to Validate Aadhar Card eSignature
There are multiple ways to validate your signature on the Aadhaar Card. You can either do it using the mobile application or with Adobe Reader. Given below are the methods to do so:
How to Validate E-Signature in Aadhar on Mobile?
Given below is the step-by-step process to validate the e-signature using the mobile application:
Step 1: Download and install the mAadhaar mobile application from your App Store or Play Store.
Step 2: Once the application is installed, an OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number.
Step 3: Enter the OTP to download the mAadhaar card.
Step 4: Once the mAadhaar is downloaded, you will be required to create a profile.
Step 5: On the next page, you must enter your Aadhaar number and scan the QR code.
Step 6: Once the QR code is scanned, the demographic details will be displayed on your screen.
How to Validate E-Signature in Aadhar Using Adobe Reader?
Given below is the step-by-step process to validate the e-Signature using Adobe Reader:
Step 1: Visit the UIDAI portal and download the eAadhaar.
Step 2: Open the file using Adobe Reader and click on ‘Validity Unknown’ and ‘Validate Signature.’
Step 3: You will now be able to see the window for signature validation; click on ‘Signature Properties’.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Show Certificate’ option.
Step 5: In the next step, you need to verify the NIC sub-CA certification path for NIC 2011.
Step 6: In the next step, you will need to mark the NIC Sub CA certification path and click on ‘Trust’ and ‘add to trusted identities.’
Step 7: Click ‘OK’ for all the security questions on the screen.
Step 8: Next, you will need to click ‘Use this certificate as a trusted root’ and then click on ‘OK’ twice to close all the windows on the screen.
The facility of digital signatures in the country was constantly plagued with problems, and inefficiencies. The Aadhaar Card e-Signature was introduced as a method to ensure complete security and confidentiality.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Adhaar Card
- PVC Aadhaar Card
- NSEIT UIDAI
- Aadhaar Customer Care
- Link Aaadhaar
- Update Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Verification
- Aadhaar Card Photo
- Aaadhar Correction
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- PM Kisan Aadhaar Link
- Link Aadhaar to Ration Card
- Masked Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Authentication
- eAadhaar Card
- WBPDS Aadhaar Link
- Download Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Update History
- Aaadhar Password
- Aadhaar UCL Registration
- Voter ID Card Aadhaar Link
- Common Problems With Aaadhaar
- Aadhar Biometric Update
- Aadhaar Card Bank Linking
- Lost Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Lock and Unlock
- My Aadhaar
- Jan Aadhar Card
- Blue Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Not Received
- Aadhaar Enabled Payments System
- Aadhar QR Code Scanner
- Aadhaar Generation
- Aadhaar Card Appointment
- Link Aadhaar Card With Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card Centres Gurgaon
- Link Aadhar Card with NPS Account
- Aadhaar KYC
- Aadhaar Sava Kendra
- NPCI Link Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres
- Aadhaar Card Centers in Delhi
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Noida
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bangalore
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Chennai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Mumbai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Kolkata
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bhopal
- Real Aadhar Card
- Aadhaar Complaint Status
- Aadhaar Link With EPF
- Name Change in Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card Address Change
- Mobile Number Aadhar Link at Home
- Aadhar Documents
- BOB Aadhar Card Link
- PNB Aadhaar Link
- LIC Aadhaar Link
- SBI Aadhaar Link
- PMAY Status Check With Aadhaar
- IRCTC Aadhaar Link
- Aadhaar GST Authentication
- Aadhaar Mutual Fund Link
- Aadhaar Face Authentication
- Link Aadhaar with LPG
- Ration Card Status by Aadhar
- Link Driving Licence with Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Card for NRI
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
FAQ's About Aadhar Card eSignature
Are there any charges for Aadhar Card e-Signature?
No, there are no fees for the Aadhaar e-sign registration process.
Who can use Aadhaar e-Sign?
Any holder can use the e-Sign facility with an Aadhaar number linked to a mobile number and email address.
Where can I use the Aadhaar digital signature?
The Aadhaar e-Sign can be used to sign several documents, be it business or personal. It can also be used to self-attest documents or to sign contracts.
What is the validity of Aadhaar based eSignature online?
The validity of an Aadhaar e-Signature is 30 minutes. The private key is deleted 30 minutes after issuing to ensure security and confidentiality.
Is an e-Aadhaar valid without a digital signature?
No, an e-Aadhaar is not valid without a digital signature. Without the signature, the holder might not be able to enjoy the various associated benefits.