mAadhaar : App Key Features, Benefits, Services and Download
What is mAadhaar?
mAadhaar is a mobile application that aims to provide an interface to many Aadhaar card account holders in India. The application was developed by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). mAadhaar enhances the portability of the card as the users can carry vital information such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, and Address conveniently on their smartphones as opposed to carrying the physical copy of their mAadhaar card everywhere.
Key Features in mAadhaar
Find below the following key features of the mAadhaar mobile application:
The mAadhaar caters to the linguistically diverse population of India by providing the menu, button labels, and form fields in English and 12 Indian languages (Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu). The user can select any of the mentioned languages after installing the application. However, the input fields in the form will accept data only in English. (This is done to counter the limitations of the mobile keyboard)
The app is not limited only to the Aadhaar card holders. Although, the user must register their Aadhaar profile in the app to avail of the application's personalised mAadhaar services.
Aadhaar Online Services on Mobile
The mAadhaar user can make use of the following services for themselves and also for residents seeking Aadhaar. The functionalities of the mobile app services are as follows:
Main Service Dashboard
The dashboard provides direct access to download Aadhaar, reprint orders, and updates to be made on address (if any), download offline eKYC, scan QR code, verification of Aadhaar and e-mail address, retrievement of UID/EID, request address validation letter.
Request Status Service
It is the personalised section of an Aadhaar holder which provides provisions for residents to lock/unlock their Biometric Authentication. It is to be noted that the resident will have to mention their Aadhaar number to avail themselves of the services.
The Aadhaar holder can lock their UID/Aadhaar number as per their convenience through the mobile application.
The user of the application can secure biometric authentication by locking biometric data. Once the biometric locking system is activated, the biometric of the resident remains locked until the Aadhaar holder chooses to either unlock or disable the locking system.
TOTP stands for Time-based One-time Password, which is generated temporarily and automatically. Which can be used as an alternative instead of the SMS-based OTP.
Update of profile
The user can view the updated profile after the completion of an updated request.
Multi-profile Aadhaar Services on SMS
The Aadhaar Card holder can include multiple profiles (up to 5) with the registered mobile number in their profile section.
Locate the Enrolment Centre
An individual can use this facility to locate the nearest Enrolment centre from their area of residence.
How to Download the mAadhaar App on Smartphones?
The mAadhaar mobile application is compatible with both the Android and IOS operating systems. Find below a step-by-step process to download the mAadhaar app on your smartphone.
STEP 1: Android users are required to open the Play Store App. And iPhone users should visit the App Store.
STEP 2: Enter “mAadhaar” in the search bar and click on the download button, based on the smartphone you use as mentioned above.
STEP 3: To ensure the authenticity of the app, check to see if the developer is listed as ‘Unique Identification Authority of India’
STEP 4: After downloading the application, go through the terms and conditions, usage guidelines, and preferred language settings before continuing.[video width="174" height="384" mp4="https://www.urbanmoney.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Download-the-mAadhaar-App-online-video-cutter.com_.mp4"][/video]
How to Link your Aadhaar Number with the mAadhaar App?
Find below the following steps to link your Aadhaar card with the mAadhaar App. You can add up to 5 profiles on the mAadhaar application.
- Open the app
- Select the ‘Register Aadhaar Tab’ on the top of the main dashboard.
- Initiate a 4-digit pin/password
- Enter valid Aadhaar Details and Captcha Code
- Fill in the received OTP and submit
- The profile shall be registered successfull
- You can now view the registered profile name on the registered profile tab
- Select the MY Aadhaar App on the menu
- Enter the 4-digit Pin/Password
- You can now view the My Aadhaar Dashboard
What are the Benefits of the mAadhaar application?
The resident can avail of the following benefits after logging in on the mAadhaar app:
- Digital Availability of Aadhaar by downloading or retrieving physical Aadhaar cards which were lost.
- Portable alternative to residents who are required to show their ID proof.
- Conveniently update the address in Aadhaar with or without any documented proof.
- Holding Aadhaar of all the family members on a single mobile number.
- Hassle-free sharing of eKYC or QR code to service providers.
- Ensure security by locking Aadhaar or the biometric codes.
- Generation or retrieval of VID that can be used instead of Aadhaar to avail Aadhaar services.
- Utilising Aadhaar SMS services in offline mode.
- Examine the status of the service request made in the app by checking the request status dashboard.
- The mAadhaar application can reach out to the residents who don’t own a smartphone, as multiple profiles can be added to a single smartphone.
- The application provides digital records of the updated history and authentication records.
- The mAadhaar application also provides a provision for the resident to book appointments for visitation to Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- The Aadhaar sync feature allows residents to collect all the updated data in the Aadhaar profile after a successful update request.
- Time-Based One-time Password or TOTP is an alternative to the SMS-based OTP employed to avail of the available Aadhaar Online Services on the UIDAI website.
- The resident can also locate the nearest enrolment centre through the MAadhaar application.
- The resident can learn about the mAadhaar app, contact, guidelines for usage, and terms and conditions from the “More Section” in the application.
- The More section also contains links to download the Aadhaar enrolment or Aadhaar update/correction forms. The section also has an informative FAQ and chatbot links.
What is the Requirement to Download the App?
To successfully download and install the mAadhaar, the user should meet the following requirements:
- A smartphone with Android version 5.0. And in the case of iPhone users, the IOS version must be 10.0 and above.
- Uninterrupted Internet connectivity
- Mobile Connection
- To access all the services available in the app, the mobile number must be linked to the Aadhaar Number.
How Can Residents View the Profiles on the App?
The resident can view the profile by tapping on the profile summary on the dashboard. Find below the steps to access the Aadhaar Profile:
STEP 1: Visit the App
STEP 2: Select the Aadhaar profile tab featured at the bottom of the main dashboard.
STEP 3: Enter the 4-digit Password/Pin which was created at the time of registration of the profile.
STEP 4: You will be able to view the front side of the Aadhaar. The back side can be viewed if you slide to the left.
STEP 5: Keep sliding to the left to view the other profiles added.
Where can m-Aadhaar be used?
mAadhaar App enjoys national acceptability as it can be used anywhere and anytime in India. mAadhaar offers more functionalities than being an Aadhaar in a device.
- mAadhaar profile is welcomed as Valid ID proof by
- The residents can also use the features in the application to share their eKYC or QR codes with service providers who look for Aadhaar verification of their customers.
Is it Compulsory to Hold a Registered Mobile Number to Use the mAadhaar App?
It is not a compulsion to hold a registered mobile number to use the mAadhaar Application. Anyone in India who has a smartphone can install the m-Aadhaar app.
However, in the absence of an Aadhaar registered mobile number, the resident would be only able to avail of services such as Locating Enrolment Center, verification of Aadhaar, and scanning of QR code.
It is mandatory to have a registered mobile number to avail of all the Aadhaar profile services listed under My Aadhaar. The profile registration can be done through any smartphone, but the OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Why is my mAadhaar App not Working?
The mAadhaar Application can owe its non-functionality to a lot of reasons such as:
- The Main Server of the mAadhaar application is facing some technical issues
- The application might be under maintenance.
- There might be a glitch with the network connection of the resident.
The resident can implement the following solutions, which might help them to access the mAadhaar App
- Update the application
- Restart the application or device
- Ensure whether the application is compatible with the operating system of the phon
- Delete the App cache file from the application settings
- Ensure the fitness of their internet connection
If the solutions mentioned above don’t work, the resident can also initiate a conversation with the mAadhaar App team.
Is it necessary to enter your password again and again while opening the app?
The mAadhaar application does not provide a feature to save the password to ensure the privacy and security of the Aadhaar Card holders. The user of the application is required to mention the password to access the profile or My Aadhaar.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Adhaar Card
- PVC Aadhaar Card
- NSEIT UIDAI
- Aadhaar Customer Care
- Link Aaadhaar
- Update Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Verification
- Aadhaar Card Photo
- Aaadhar Correction
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- PM Kisan Aadhaar Link
- Link Aadhaar to Ration Card
- Masked Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Authentication
- eAadhaar Card
- WBPDS Aadhaar Link
- Download Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Update History
- Aaadhar Password
- Aadhaar UCL Registration
- Voter ID Card Aadhaar Link
- Common Problems With Aaadhaar
- Aadhar Biometric Update
- Aadhaar Card Bank Linking
- Lost Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Lock and Unlock
- My Aadhaar
- Jan Aadhar Card
- Blue Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Not Received
- Aadhar Card eSignature
- Aadhaar Enabled Payments System
- Aadhar QR Code Scanner
- Aadhaar Generation
- Aadhaar Card Appointment
- Link Aadhaar Card With Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card Centres Gurgaon
- Link Aadhar Card with NPS Account
- Aadhaar KYC
- Aadhaar Sava Kendra
- NPCI Link Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres
- Aadhaar Card Centers in Delhi
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Noida
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bangalore
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Chennai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Mumbai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Kolkata
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bhopal
- Real Aadhar Card
- Aadhaar Complaint Status
- Aadhaar Link With EPF
- Name Change in Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card Address Change
- Mobile Number Aadhar Link at Home
- Aadhar Documents
- BOB Aadhar Card Link
- PNB Aadhaar Link
- LIC Aadhaar Link
- SBI Aadhaar Link
- PMAY Status Check With Aadhaar
- IRCTC Aadhaar Link
- Aadhaar GST Authentication
- Aadhaar Mutual Fund Link
- Aadhaar Face Authentication
- Link Aadhaar with LPG
- Ration Card Status by Aadhar
- Link Driving Licence with Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Card for NRI
- Aadhaar Enrolment Certificate
- Udyog Aadhar Registration
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
mAadhaar : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any provision to update the Aadhaar details like DOB, Mobile number, and address through the mAadhaar App?
No, the facility to update the demographic details such as DOB, Mobile number can’t be fulfilled through the application. The user can only avail of the option to update the address.
Do the functionalities of the mAadhaar differ based on iOS and Android devices?
There is no difference in the application’s functionalities or interface irrespective of the device’s operating system. The application provides similar services to both iOS and Android Users.
What happens to the mAadhaar profile if the resident changes their phone number?
If the resident changes the phone number, the mAadhaar ID will be deactivated automatically the minute the same profile is registered from the new number. It is to be noted that an Aadhaar profile can be registered only on one device at a time.
What is the compatible version of iOS for the mAadhaar app?
The mAadhaar mobile application for iPhone is compatible with iOS 10.0 and above.
What to do when the mAadhaar application fails to read the OTP received automatically?
The user is required to check the permissions while installing the mAadhaar application. However, they also make necessary adjustments by visiting the setting on their smartphone, tapping on the permission control tab and selecting Apps. Upon selecting Apps, you should launch the mAadhaar app and click on ‘Allow’ in the read SMS option.