Aadhaar Card Password
The Aadhar card password is a crucial security measure to keep information safe. In this write-up, let’s tell you how to use the password for your Aadhaar documents and their essential components.
Having to carry around a physical Aadhar card with oneself all the time can seem cumbersome. Not only do you have to be extra careful about keeping it, you always need to avoid misplacing the card. To solve such issues, the UIDAI under the Government of India launched e Aadhar card, which can be accessed anywhere and anytime through an electronic device. The e-Aadhar is a digital version of your original Aadhaar card, which can be stored on any of your preferred devices. To enhance the security of this feature, the document is also secured with an e-Aadhar password.
Table of contents
- What is an Aadhar Password?
- Why is the Aadhaar Password Required?
- How to Download e-Aadhaar?
- How to Open an e-Aadhaar Card PDF after downloading?
- Aadhaar Password Format
- Aadhaar Password Examples
- Steps to Open the Aadhaar Card
- Change Your Aadhaar Card Password
- How to Use e Aadhaar Password for a PDF File?
- What are the Benefits of an E Aadhaar Card?
- What to do if I forget my e-Aadhaar Password?
- Bottom Line
What is an Aadhar Password?
The Aadhar password is an alphanumeric security code provided to the Aadhar holder to access their digital Aadhar card. You must enter the password to access or download your digital Aadhar card. The Aadhar card password is typically a combination of four letters of the cardholder’s name and their birth year.
A user named Mukul, born on December 23, 1998, the e-Aadhar password to access the file will be MUKU1998.
Why is the Aadhaar Password Required?
The e-Aadhar password is crucial in maintaining the security and integrity of the Aadhar holder’s details. Below are some other reasons why your e-Aadhar card password is essential:
- If a cardholder misplaces their physical card, they can use e-Aadhar and the password to prevent it from being used by the wrong person.
- It has a user's details, and the password protects it and enables hassle-free download.
- E Aadhar password helps in protecting personal information and makes sure that no data is compromised.
How to Download e-Aadhaar?
Aadhaar number, enrolment ID, virtual ID, etc., can all be used to quickly and easily download an Aadhaar card online. To be eligible for several government welfare benefits offered by the Government of India, an Indian resident must have an Aadhaar card. The document serves as a person's evidence of address and identity. The Unique Identification Authority of India has created the 12-digit Aadhaar unique identification number (UIDAI), which serves as valid proof of identity.
Follow the steps below to download an e-Aadhaar:
- Visit the official Aadhaar website.
- Select "Download Aadhaar" from the My Aadhaar menu.
- Click this link: https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/genricDownloadAadhaar.
Step 2: To receive the OTP on your registered cellphone number, select the "Aadhaar Number" option, enter the 12-digit Aadhaar Number and Security Code, and click "Send OTP."
Step 3: If you want to download a masked Aadhaar, choose the "Do you want a masked Aadhaar" option.
Step 4: Type in the obtained OTP and select "Verify And Download."
Step 5: You will receive an SMS confirming the successful download of your Aadhaar card after verification. A password-protected PDF of the Aadhaar card can be found in your Downloads folder. You must provide an 8-character password to open the file. The password will be comprised of your name's first four capital letters (as it appears on your Aadhaar) and your birth year in YYYY format.
How to Open an e-Aadhaar Card PDF after downloading?
Once you have downloaded the e-Aadhar PDF file from the official website, accessing the file is relatively easy. Here is how one can open and access their Aadhaar card:
Aadhaar Password Format
Given below are the main components of an Aadhar card password:
- First four letters of the user’s name
- User’s birth year.
The password of the Aadhaar card is
The first four letters of the user’s name + the User’s birth year.
Aadhaar Password Examples
Given below are some of the Aadhar Password examples:
- Name – Akash, Birth Year: 1992
Aadhar Password will be: AKAS + 1992 = AKAS1992
- Name – Devesh, Birth Year: 1878
Aadhar Password will be: DEVE + 1878 = DEVE1878
- Name – Archana, Birth Year: 1778
Aadhar Card Password will be: ARCH + 1778 = ARCH1778
Steps to Open the Aadhaar Card
One can follow the below steps to open the aadhar card:
Step 1: After downloading the file, enter the password, which consists of the first name's first four letters and the birth year.
Step 2: One can access the e-Aadhaar.
Change Your Aadhaar Card Password
There is no way to change the Aadhar password. However, if there is an issue with the same, you can visit the official portal of UIDAI and mail your queries and problems or visit the nearest enrolment centre.
How to Use e Aadhaar Password for a PDF File?
The electronic Aadhaar card is presented in the form of a PDF, which is protected by a password. Here is how users can employ the e-Aadhar password:
Step 1: Double-click on the e-Aadhar PDF file.
Step 2: After the file opens, it will ask for the password. Enter the password in the designated space.
Step 3: Click the ‘Submit’ button to access the Aadhaar card.
What are the Benefits of an E Aadhaar Card?
There are numerous benefits of e Aadhaar Card; some major ones are listed below:
- It is virtual and cannot be lost because it is available online and can be accessed anytime.
- All Indian citizens can obtain an E-Aadhaar card, a universal identity card. In contrast to most other documents, this card serves as a verification of both identification and address.
- The Indian Government offers several subsidies to all citizens, including LPG subsidies and others. However, applicants must present their Aadhaar card to receive these subsidies.
- People can use Aadhaar cards to open bank accounts.
- According to the Unique Identification Authority of India, an e-Aadhaar card is legitimate proof of address and identity because it has been digitally authenticated. The e-Aadhaar card also has all the information written on a physical copy of the Aadhaar card.
What to do if I forget my e-Aadhaar Password?
You can still download the updated Aadhaar card by inputting the Aadhaar Enrolment Number even if you still need to get your Aadhaar card or need to remember your Aadhaar number (EID). To download your e-Aadhaar card using your enrollment number, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Go to www.uidai.gov.in and select "Download Aadhaar." You will be taken to
https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/genricDownloadAadhaar after the redirect.
Step 2: Enter your 28-digit enrolment ID and security code to generate an OTP, and click "Send
Step 3: On your registered cellphone number, an OTP will be sent, then select
"Verify And Download."
Step 4: You can now obtain a digital version of your Aadhaar Card.
An Aadhaar card password is a crucial document that protects the cardholder's information. Consequently, it is also important not to share it with anyone as it can lead to the theft of data and can be used for altered motives.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Adhaar Card
- PVC Aadhaar Card
- NSEIT UIDAI
- Aadhaar Customer Care
- Link Aaadhaar
- Update Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Verification
- Aadhaar Card Photo
- Aaadhar Correction
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- PM Kisan Aadhaar Link
- Link Aadhaar to Ration Card
- Masked Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Authentication
- eAadhaar Card
- WBPDS Aadhaar Link
- Download Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Update History
- Aadhaar UCL Registration
- Voter ID Card Aadhaar Link
- Common Problems With Aaadhaar
- Aadhar Biometric Update
- Aadhaar Card Bank Linking
- Lost Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Lock and Unlock
- My Aadhaar
- Jan Aadhar Card
- Blue Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Not Received
- Aadhar Card eSignature
- Aadhaar Enabled Payments System
- Aadhar QR Code Scanner
- Aadhaar Generation
- Aadhaar Card Appointment
- Link Aadhaar Card With Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card Centres Gurgaon
- Link Aadhar Card with NPS Account
- Aadhaar KYC
- Aadhaar Sava Kendra
- NPCI Link Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres
- Aadhaar Card Centers in Delhi
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Noida
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bangalore
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Chennai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Mumbai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Kolkata
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bhopal
- Real Aadhar Card
- Aadhaar Complaint Status
- Aadhaar Link With EPF
- Name Change in Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card Address Change
- Mobile Number Aadhar Link at Home
- Aadhar Documents
- BOB Aadhar Card Link
- PNB Aadhaar Link
- LIC Aadhaar Link
- SBI Aadhaar Link
- PMAY Status Check With Aadhaar
- IRCTC Aadhaar Link
- Aadhaar GST Authentication
- Aadhaar Mutual Fund Link
- Aadhaar Face Authentication
- Link Aadhaar with LPG
- Ration Card Status by Aadhar
- Link Driving Licence with Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Card for NRI
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
FAQs of Aadhaar Card Password
What Is the Password of e-Aadhaar?
The e Aadhar password is the combination of the first four letters of a person’s anime and their birthdate.
What is the password to open an Aadhaar card?
To open your Aadhaar card, enter the first four letters of your name and the exact birthdate as given on the document.
How do I remove the Aadhaar Card password?
You can remove the Aadhar open password through the official portal of UIDAI, Google Chrome, or by taking a screenshot.
What is the password of the Aadhaar Card PDF?
The password of the Aadhaar card PDF is the same as the e Aadhaar password. It is the combination of the birthdate and four letters of the card holder’s name.
How do I know if my Aadhar card is active or inactive?
Visit the official UIDAI portal and then click on ‘Verify Aadhaar number’. Enter the 12-digit and click on verify. If it shows a green dot, then it is active and if it shows red, it is not active.
How to generate a password to open e aadhar?
The e Aadhaar password will be sent by UIDAI on the registered mail after the card has been made. The password will be the same and can be changed or generated through the UIDAI portal.