IDBI Bank NRO FD
The Idbi Bank NRO tenure ranges from min 7 Days to max 10 Year 2 Days . The ROI ranges from 2.70% to 5.80 % for the general public. The lock-in period for this scheme is 5 Year
Idbi Bank NRO Scheme for amount above ₹ 10,000
The rate of interest for deposited amount above ₹ 10,000 is as below
Interest Rate for General Public (p.a.)
|7 Days Upto 14 Days|
|15 Days Upto 1 Months|
|1 Months 1 Days Upto 1 Months 15 Days|
|1 Months 16 Days Upto 2 Months|
|2 Months 1 Days Upto 3 Months|
|3 Months 1 Days Upto 5 Months|
|5 Months 1 Days Upto 9 Months|
|9 Months 1 Days Upto 1 Year|
|1 Year Upto 1 Year 6 Months 2 Days|
|1 Year 6 Months 2 Days Upto 2 Year|
|2 Year Upto 2 Year 6 Months 3 Days|
|2 Year 6 Months 3 Days Upto 3 Year|
|3 Year Upto 5 Year 1 Months 7 Days|
|5 Year 1 Months 7 Days Upto 7 Year|
|7 Year Upto 10 Year 2 Days|
|Upto 1 Year|
|Upto 5 Year 1 Months 7 Days|
Key features of Idbi Bank NRO Scheme
Summary of Idbi Bank NRO Scheme features :
|Mutual Fund Schemes|
|Loan Against FD|
7 Days to 10 Year 2 Days
2.70% to 5.80 %
*Interest rates are subject to change at the discretion of the bank. These Interest rates are with effect from 10 November 2021.
IDBI Bank NRO FD is a scheme offered by IDBI Bank for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs). NRIs can open an NRO FD account in Indian Rupees or foreign currency with a minimum deposit. The deposit rates are highly competitive, and the interest earned from the FD is subject to taxes as per the Indian Income Tax Act.
This allows citizens settled abroad to earn lucrative returns by parking their savings in this investment product. The income earned can be from various sources such as rent, pensions and dividends.
Eligibility Criteria for An IDBI Bank NRO FD
The eligibility that any Non-resident Indian is required to meet to make investments in the IDBI NRO FD is as follows:
- That are pursuing their education, business, and employment
- Individuals deputed by the government of India and UN organisations
- Indian Nationals are employed as mariners, in oil rings, or on any airline registered overseas.
Person of Indian Origin
- Indian Passport holders
- Parents/Grandparents are or were Indian Citizens under the constitution of India.
- Spouses of any PIO or Indian Citizen.
Documents Required For An IDBI Bank NRO FD
Interested applicants must produce the following documents to conclude their application process for an IDBI Bank NRO FD.
- Date of Birth
- Date and Place of Issue
- The expiration date of the Passport
- Observation Page (If any)
- Copy of Employment Visa
- Copy of Residence Visa
- Copy of Work or Residence Permit
- Documents validating Indian or Overseas Addresses
- PAN Card Copy. The applicant can also submit Form 60
- Latest Passport Size photograph
IDBI Bank NRO FD Scheme Key Attractions
The IDBI Bank NRO FD scheme entails the following key attractions.
- Liquidity: IDBI Bank NRO FD offers a premature withdrawal facility to meet immediate financial needs.
- Auto-Renewal Option: Customers can opt for auto-renewal of the FD at maturity to save the hassle of opening a new FD.
- Online Access: Customers can access their NRO FD account using the net banking facility.
Features & Benefits Of The IDBI Bank NRO FD Scheme
The IDBI Bank NRO FD scheme offers customers the following features and benefits.
- Attractive Interest Rates: IDBI Bank NRO FD offers higher interest rates than a regular savings account, making it a great investment option.
- Tax Benefits: Interest earned on IDBI Bank NRO FD is subject to TDS (Tax Deduction at Source), but the same can be claimed as an exemption under Section 80TTA of the Income Tax Act.
- Flexible Tenure: The tenure of an NRO FD can be chosen for a period ranging from 7 days to 10 years.
- Loan Facility: IDBI Bank NRO FD can be used as collateral for availing a loan from the bank.
- Nomination Facility: This FD allows customers to nominate a person or persons to receive the amount in case of the death of the depositor.
How to Apply for An IDBI Bank NRO FD
The applicant must implement the below steps to apply for IDBI Bank NRO FD. STEP 1: Visit the official website of IDBI Bank (https://www.idbibank.in/).
STEP 2: Click on the ‘Deposits’ tab.
STEP 3: Select ‘NRO Fixed Deposit’ from the drop-down list.
STEP 4: Read the details and click on ‘Apply Now’.
STEP 5: Enter your details and click ‘Submit’.
STEP 6: Enter the amount you wish to invest and select the tenure.
STEP 7: Select the payment mode and click ‘Submit’.
STEP 8: Pay the amount online through Net Banking or a Debit/Credit Card.
STEP 9: Your NRO FD will be opened once the payment is made.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
Other FD Schemes By Idbi Bank
Top Bank FD Schemes
Which type of FD is best in IDBI NRO FD?
The NRO FD allows investors to save their income earned in India and earn lucrative interest.
Can I save tax on FD interest?
Interest up to Rs 1.5 Lakhs are eligible for tax exemptions under section 80C of the Income Tax Act.