ePAN Card Download
A 10-digit alphanumeric designation known as a PAN, or permanent account number, is given to each and every company conducting financial operations in India. Any tax-paying entity, whether an individual or an organisation, must have a PAN card. Through the UTIITSL or NSDL websites, one can submit an application for a PAN card. Within 45 days of application, the PAN card hardcopy is delivered to the address listed on Form 49A. The ePAN card, however, is available for online download and can be used everywhere as identification.
Get in-depth knowledge of the various aspects of the e-PAN card Download with this blog.
What is an e-PAN Card?
E-PAN Card refers to the virtual copy of the PAN card. You can download e-PAN card using the TIN-NSDL or the UTITSL website. One might get worried over the fact that one person may possess multiple e-PAN cards. This can be easily terminated as the e-PAN card needs to be linked with the Aadhaar card and a charge of INR 1000 has been levied by the Indian government on illegal possession of multiple e-PAN cards. The following details are covered in an e-PAN card:
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Name of the holder
- Father’s name
- Birth date
- QR Code
It must be noted that taxpayers with a valid Aadhaar card and a physical PAN card can apply for an e-PAN card.
e-PAN Card Download Options
There are various options available to a taxpayer to download ePAN card. These options are:
- NSDL website
- UTITSL website
- Income Tax e-filing portal
- e-PAN card app
- Aadhaar number
e-PAN Card Download NSDL
Your request for e-PAN card download can be done through the NSDL website. Follow the below-mentioned steps to make an e-PAN card download NSDL:
- Please visit the official e-PAN NSDL portal
- Then select "Download e-PAN card" (For PAN allotted in the last 30 days).
- You will be redirected to a page with two options - Acknowledgment Number and PAN
- If you decide to log in through the acknowledgement number, you will asked to enter your date of birth and captcha code along with the acknowledgement number. However, If you decide to log in through PAN, you will be asked to enter your date of birth, captcha code and aadhaar number along with the permanent account number.
- Once you are satisfied with the details, click on ‘Submit’
- Your e-PAN card will de be downloaded
It must be noted that ePAN download NSDL cannot take place past the application of one month. This applies to both new and old PAN card holders.
e-PAN Card Download UTIITSL
An alternate PAN application portal, known as UTIITSL, is where applicants can submit their PAN card applications and make PAN card adjustments. Online ePAN card downloads are available to applicants who used UTIITSL to submit their applications. There is no additional price if the ePAN is downloaded within 30 days of the PAN card's issuance.
Follow the instructions below to download the ePAN card from the UTIITSL portal:
- Go to UTIITSL's ePAN downloading portal.
- Complete the application by providing the necessary information, including the PAN, date of birth/incorporation, GSTIN (optional), and security code.
- Verify the accuracy of the cellphone number and email address listed against the PAN, enter the security code, and check the declaration box.
- The user can choose to send the OTP to both an email address and a mobile number.
- The chosen source receives an OTP.
- Type in the OTP, then click "Submit."
- The user will be instructed to make an online payment of INR 8.26 if the PAN issuance term is longer than one month.
- The user will be able to download the ePAN card online following successful processing.
e-PAN Card Download Through Aadhaar
The Indian government has established a programme that makes it simple for people to obtain their PAN using the information from their Aadhaar Card. The entire procedure is free and paperless. The methods listed below can be used to download a PAN card using an Aadhaar number:
- Check out the Income Tax e-Filing website.
- Choose the "Instant PAN through Aadhaar" option under the "Quick Links" section.
- Click the "Check Status/Download PAN" button on the following page.
- Next, enter the captcha code and Aadhaar number to receive an OTP for authentication. Enter the OTP to confirm.
- One can monitor the status and download their ePAN card after successful verification.
e-PAN Card Download Income tax India e-filing
- Click Instant e-PAN on the home page of the e-Filing portal.
- Click Continue on the Check Status / Download PAN option on the e-PAN page.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar on the Check status / Download PAN page and then click Continue.
- Enter the 6-digit OTP that was sent to your Aadhaar-registered mobile number and click Continue on the OTP Validation screen.
- You may view the status of your e-PAN request on the Current status of your e-PAN request page. If a new e-PAN has been created and assigned, you can view it by clicking View e-PAN or download a copy by clicking Download e-PAN. To create an account on the e-Filing portal, click Create e-Filing Account.
e-PAN Card Download App
There is an absence of an app that supports e-PAN card download. To download ePAN, one must go to either the NSDL website or the UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited website.
Documents Required to Download PAN Card
There are no documents required to download e-PAN card. However, the following documents are required to apply for the PAN card:
Who is Eligible to Download PAN Card
Except for minors and those covered by Section 160 of the Income Tax Act, Indian residents are eligible to apply for an ePAN card. Therefore, Hindu Undivided Families, businesses, trusts, companies, etc. cannot receive an ePAN card. The information submitted into the Aadhar Card is used to build the ePan. Therefore, only those who possess an Aadhar Card can receive an ePAN, and if the information on the Aadhar Card is inaccurate, so will the ePAN. Therefore, before requesting an ePAN, the applicant can go to the UIDAI website to make any necessary corrections.
PAN Card Download Form
The Permanent Account Number is assigned via Form 49A or Form 49AA, which is an application for a PAN card (PAN). Indian citizens must use Form 49A whether they are inside or outside of the nation, whereas NRIs must use Form 49AA. You can download both forms online through the NSDL website or the UTITSL website.
PAN Card Customer Care
A tax holder can contact PAN card customer care at any of the following numbers:
|Protean eGov Technologies Limited Customer care number:||020 27218080|
|UTI Infrastructure Technology Services Limited (UTIITSL)||Toll-free Number: 1800220306 Customer Care Number: 022 67931300|
Customers can call the number indicated below according to the city where they live if they have questions about PAN applications or want to file a complaint.
|City||Customer Care Number|
|Mumbai||02267931300, 02267931302, 02267931303, 02267931304, 02267931301|
|Chennai||044 22500426, 044 22500183|
|New Delhi||011 23211262, 011 23211262, 01123211273, 01123211273, 01123211274, 01123211274, 01123211285, 01123211285, 01123211387, 01123211387|
|Kolkata||033 22108959, 03322424774|
Customers can phone the numbers given below if they have any questions or want to file a complaint about UTI schemes.
|Mumbai||022 67931010, 02267931200|
|New Delhi||011 23211262, 01123211273, 01123211274, 01123211285, 01123211387|
|Kolkata||033 22435258, 03322435425, 03322424775|
Customers can register a complaint or ask a question online on the websites of Protean eGov Technologies Limited (Income Tax PAN services unit) and UTI Infrastructure Technology Services Limited (UTIITSL), in addition to calling the toll-free numbers or customer care numbers of both companies.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Pan Card
- Pan Card status UTIITSL
- Link Aadhaar Pan Card
- Duplicate PAN Card
- Minor PAN Card
- Know Your PAN Card
- PAN Card Name Change
- CSC PAN Card
- Pan Card Update
- Pan Card Status
- NSDL PAN Card Status
- Apply Pan Card Online
- PAN Card Verification
- Instant PAN Card Through Aadhaar
- Change Address in Pan Card
- Link PAN Card with Bank Account
- Surrender PAN Card
- AO Code for PAN
- Pan Card LIC link
- PAN Card Eligibility
- PAN Card Correction Form
- Documents Required for PAN Card
- Bank PAN Number
- PAN Card Cancellation
- TAN Verification
- Form 61
- Difference Between PAN and TAN, and TIN
- PAN Cards For Partnership
- PAN Card Rejection
- PAN Card Customer Care
- PAN Card For NRI
- Pan Card Details
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
FAQ's About ePAN Card
Where can I apply for a PAN Card?
You can apply for a PAN card from the NSDL site or you can visit an enrolment centre.
Is an e-PAN card a valid document?
Yes, an e-PAN card is a valid document.
Can I get my PAN card through a mobile application?
There is a mobile application available ‘MyPAN’ which allows a user to apply for a PAN card. It is advised to verify the application before proceeding with any payment.
How long does a PAN Card remain valid?
A PAN card remains valid for life. However, an unlinked PAN card will become invalid.
What to do when I do not receive an OTP?
If you do not receive an OTP, you can choose the option ‘Resend OTP’ or check your network.
Will an e-PAN be considered valid proof of PAN?
Yes, an e-PAN will be considered valid proof of PAN.
Do I need to pay any fee to apply for e-PAN?
For the first month after the new or updated PAN card is issued, the applicant may download the ePAN card without charge. After that, each ePAN card download would cost INR 8.26 for UTIITSL applicants.
Should I submit a physical copy of my KYC application or Aadhaar card as proof?
E-PAN download is an online process that eliminates the need for paperwork. Therefore, you need not submit a physical copy of my KYC application or Aadhaar card as proof.
When is the last date to link Aadhaar with PAN?
The last date to link an Aadhaar with a PAN card is March 31, 2023. However, a fee of INR 1000 will be charged on the link process done on or after July 1, 2022.