Aadhar Card Address Change: How to Do it Online & Offline
Aadhaar Card is one of the primary identification documents for India's citizens, and it becomes imperative that one keeps it up-to-date. This could be an address change, biometric update, demographic update, or any other essential information change. Residents now have the provision to change addresses in their aadhaar card both online and offline. For online changes, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced the Self-Service Update portal through which anyone can make necessary changes from the comfort of their homes. The authority has added the convenience factor with secured personal information monitoring through online mode. Moreover, UIDAI has also introduced mobile applications for its users to manage their respective profiles efficiently.
In this blog, read about how to change your address on your aadhaar card. There are both online and offline means to do so. Know about the complete procedure and documents required.
How to Change Aadhar Card Address Online
Usually, there are a few scenarios where one should proactively apply for an address change. It includes permanently relocating to a new residence, any typographical error in the written address, pin code error, or when a child turns 5 and 15, respectively. All these cases call for an aadhar card address change. Users have the option to change addresses on the aadhaar cards online from the official website of UIDAI. The steps below present the requisites for one to make changes online from the UIDAI SSUP portal.
- Go to the official website of UIDAI
- You can log in to your aadhaar dashboard by clicking the login button. Enter the aadhaar number and security captcha.
- An OTP will be sent out to the registered mobile number.
- There will only be a short window for OTP authentication.
Next to this, the user will get redirected to their respective dashboards.
- Explore the various aadhaar services provided therein.
- There will be an update aadhaar option that you need to click on.
- This will take users to a new page with instructions for updating the demographics.
Now proceed to make changes:
- Select the demographics tab
- Users will have the option of updating their address here.
- Enter the required fields under the demographic information tab.
- Correction of the address will require supporting documents to validate its authenticity. Users need to upload a scanned copy of these documents.
Make the payment online or download the offline challan.
- Each update costs a certain fee that the applicant will have to pay after making the required changes.
- The fee may vary depending on the updates.
- Users can make the payment online or download an offline challan and pay the same in the nearest aadhaar enrolment centre or valid public banks.
- Once you complete the payment, you will get a Service Request Number (SRN).
The application is sent to authorities for review.
- After the submission of the application, the users will have to wait until the authorities give clearance for the same.
- The address is reviewed, along with the proof document attached.
- Applications getting rejected due to mismatched information is not uncommon. Therefore, applicants are requested to be very careful when updating their knowledge.
- Post-completion of quality check, an SMS is prompt from UIDAI regarding the status of their application.
Users can download their aadhaar after the update is successful.
Once the application is cleared, users will get a confirmation text from UIDAI. They can download their masked aadhaar online from the Aadhaar SSUP portal itself. They should keep in mind to review their address for any spelling errors.
Steps to Update Address in Aadhar Card Offline
Cardholders who require an urgent update can also resort to the traditional method of visiting an update centre offline. There are various ways to put forward an offline update, including aadhaar enrolment centres, aadhaar Sewa Kendra, aadhaar paperless e-KYC, and so on. People still consider the traditional method due to the lack of resources or less understanding of online ways. However, the government realises the need to give people the appropriate platform for any aadhaar-related queries. Here is how one can make address updates in their aadhaar card offline.
- Go to the official website of UIDAI.
- Under My Aadhaar Tab, select book an appointment. You can also locate the nearest aadhaar enrolment centre from the website.
- Select your location and proceed to book your appointment.
- Once the appointment is in place, visit the enrollment centre and explain your case.
- Provide valid residence proof documents to back your claim. If there are any discrepancies, the agent is liable to reject your application.
- Make the payment after completing the update.
- The enrolment agency will provide you with an updated receipt which you can use for further status tracking.
Aadhar Card Address Change via Post
There are provisions to visit the nearest post office to make an aadhar card address change. The user must visit the nearest post office and request the available agent for the same. Applicants will be required to fill out a request form which can be downloaded from the official website. Moreover, post offices also have the provision to help out the customer with the form. Once the application is submitted, they will be required to make a payment as applicable. Furthermore, users can review the status of their application by visiting the official website of UIDAI.
Aadhar Card Address Change Through mAadhar App
UIDAI, for the convenience of the aadhaar card users, has introduced the mobile application known as mAadhaar. This highly efficient application addresses all user queries, including an aadhar card address change. Various features are attached to the mAadhaar mobile application, such as language friendly, personalisation, security, user-friendly interface, aadhaar locking facility, QR code generation, enrolment agency search interface, multiple registrations, and much more. Using the mAadhaar App to make the aadhar card address change is straightforward.
- Download the mAadhaar mobile application from your app store.
- Get registered by entering your mobile number and aadhaar number
- Next, you will have to authenticate your identity through OTP verification.
- After verification, go to the dashboard and navigate to the demographic update section.
- Make your required changes under the address tab.
- You will be required to upload scanned copies of your address proof. This could be an electricity bill, letter attested by any gazetted government official, etc.
- After you make your necessary changes, proceed to make payment from the provided gateway.
- Once you send the application, the officials will review the same and you will receive the confirmation as and when the update is verified.
Charges for Aadhar Card Update
Enrolment centres and agencies, along with UIDAI's official website, charge a certain fee to its users for providing any update-related service. Be it demographic updates or biometric updates, users will be required to incur some fees. Here is what UIDAI charges its users for providing its services. Please note that these are the maximum applicable charges and no one should charge you more than the standard amount.
- Enrolment for a new aadhaar card is free of cost.
- The mandatory updates, such as first-time biometric and demographic updates for children aged 5 and 15, are also done free of cost.
- Biometric updates, including a demographic update, will usually cost a user INR 100 for one instance.
- Demographics update will cost a user INR 50.
- E-aadhaar card download and colour print will cost a user INR 30.
How to Check Aadhar Card Address Update Status
Users who have applied for any kind of aadhaar update request can track the progress by checking the Aadhaar card address update status online. It can be beneficial in case of any urgent document requirement for various reasons. Applicants can know whether or not to apply for address change in aadhaar card again or not. Here is how one can check the aadhar card address change status online.
- Go to the official website of UIDAI
- Under the My aadhaar tab, click on the check aadhaar update status option
- An enrolment number / Service request number / Update request number will be assigned when applying for an aadhar card address change.
- Enter the number along with the security captcha.
- This will prompt an OTP verification procedure.
- After authentication, you will be redirected to a webpage where the status is detailed.
Check Aadhar Card Update Status on mAadhaar Mobile Application
One can check the aadhaar card address change status online from the official website of UIDAI. In addition to the official website, the user can check the same with the mAadhaar mobile application. Here is how you can track the progress of the aadhar card address change status with the mobile application.
- Download the mAadhaar application on your smartphone.
- Register with your aadhaar number and mobile number
- Post-authentication, you can access your dashboard
- Navigate to the check aadhaar card update status option
- You will be able to see the notifications regarding your aadhar card address change request.
Documents Required to Update Aadhar
UIDAI accepts about 45 documents as valid proof of residence. You can use any of the listed documents to apply for a residence address update. Here is a list of permissible documents as address proof documents.
- Bank Statement
- Post Office account statement
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving licence
- Latest Electricity Bill
- Latest Water bill
- Certificate of address issued by MP / MLA / MLC / Gazetted Officer / Tehsildar
- Signed letterhead by a recognised educational institution
Contact UIDAI Authority
If a consumer requires assistance, they can directly contact the UIDAI assistance desk with the following contact details.
- Toll-free number - 18003001947
- Alternatively, one can also get in touch with them by dialling 1947
- Email address - email@example.com
- Twitter - @UIDAI
- Facebook - @AadhaarOfficial
- Headquarter Address - 3rd floor, Tower II, Jeevan Bharati Building, Connaught Circus, New Delhi - 110001
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Adhaar Card
- PVC Aadhaar Card
- NSEIT UIDAI
- Aadhaar Customer Care
- Link Aaadhaar
- Update Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Verification
- Aadhaar Card Photo
- Aaadhar Correction
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- PM Kisan Aadhaar Link
- Link Aadhaar to Ration Card
- Masked Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Authentication
- eAadhaar Card
- WBPDS Aadhaar Link
- Download Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Update History
- Aaadhar Password
- Aadhaar UCL Registration
- Voter ID Card Aadhaar Link
- Common Problems With Aaadhaar
- Aadhar Biometric Update
- Aadhaar Card Bank Linking
- Lost Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Lock and Unlock
- My Aadhaar
- Jan Aadhar Card
- Blue Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Not Received
- Aadhar Card eSignature
- Aadhaar Enabled Payments System
- Aadhar QR Code Scanner
- Aadhaar Generation
- Aadhaar Card Appointment
- Link Aadhaar Card With Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card Centres Gurgaon
- Link Aadhar Card with NPS Account
- Aadhaar KYC
- Aadhaar Sava Kendra
- NPCI Link Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres
- Aadhaar Card Centers in Delhi
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Noida
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bangalore
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Chennai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Mumbai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Kolkata
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bhopal
- Real Aadhar Card
- Aadhaar Complaint Status
- Aadhaar Link With EPF
- Name Change in Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number Aadhar Link at Home
- Aadhar Documents
- BOB Aadhar Card Link
- PNB Aadhaar Link
- LIC Aadhaar Link
- SBI Aadhaar Link
- PMAY Status Check With Aadhaar
- IRCTC Aadhaar Link
- Aadhaar GST Authentication
- Aadhaar Mutual Fund Link
- Aadhaar Face Authentication
- Link Aadhaar with LPG
- Ration Card Status by Aadhar
- Link Driving Licence with Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Card for NRI
- Aadhaar Enrolment Certificate
- Udyog Aadhar Registration
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
FAQ's About Aadhaar Card Address Change
Can I go for an Aadhar Address update through the mAadhaar app?
Yes, cardholders have the provision to apply for an aadhaar card address change with the help of the mAadhaar application. They can download the application and make the necessary changes therein.
Can the aadhaar card address change be done online?
UIDAI has introduced the Self-Service Update Portal for anyone who wishes to make demographic changes in their aadhaar card. This can be done by visiting the official website of UIDAI and proceeding to the update after logging in to the My Aadhaar portal.
How many times can the Aadhar address be updated?
An individual can update an aadhaar card as per necessity. The applicant will be required to pay a nominal fee for each update request. They may do so online via Aadhaar SSUP and offline via aadhaar enrolment centres.
How much time will it take for my Aadhar address to happen?
UIDAI has kept a 30 days window for the aadhaar card address change request to be processed and reviewed by an official. Applicants can track the progress of their aadhaar card address change request by visiting the official website of UIDAI.
Will the Aadhaar number change after any Aadhar address?
No, the aadhaar number is a unique identification number assigned to every individual. They can change the aadhaar card address, but the aadhaar number will remain the same.
How can I check the updated address on my Aadhaar card?
A user can check the status of their aadhaar card address change from the official website of UIDAI.