How to Check Ration Card Status by Aadhar Card Number
If you can afford essential and basic commodities like oil, food, kerosene, etc., you are truly blessed. But some people aren’t lucky enough to provide for their family, which is where ration card helps. Individuals with low-margin incomes get ration cards to buy food, oil, and other everyday items to sustain their life. If you have applied for the card and want to know whether it’s ready, you can check the ration card status by Aadhar card number.
The card also serves as identity and address proof. Every state government issues this card to Indian citizens who cannot afford essential commodities. A ration card helps a family to obtain food grains at subsidised rates under the PDS (Public Distribution System).
This blog is a guide to help you with ration card status checks.
What is a Ration Card?
A ration card is an official document every state government in India offers to households eligible for buying subsidised food grain from the PDS under the NFSA (National Food Security Act). They also act as a common identification doc for several Indian citizens.
Under the National Food Security Act, every Indian state government must identify households that qualify for food grains and other essential commodities at subsidised rates from the PDS and offer them ration cards.
With digitisation in India, downloading documents has become more accessible. So, if you have applied for a ration card and want to obtain it, you can opt for an e-ration card download from the official website of your state's Food and Civil Supplies Department.
Types of Ration Cards
There are two types of ration cards issued to households. They are as follows:
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
- Priority Household (PHH)
Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
Such a card is provided to households that are the poorest of the poor. Every AAY household can receive 35 kilograms of food grain each month.
Priority Household (PHH)
It is a ration card provided to households that qualify for the eligibility condition set by their state government. Every household with a PHH will receive 5 kilograms of food grain per member each month.
How to Check Ration Card Status by Aadhar Card Number?
There are five simple steps for ration card status check by Aadhar card number. Each state has a different website for Food and Civil Supplies Department. In this case, we will assume you reside in Haryana. Then, the step for ration card online check are as follows:
Step 1: Visit Food and Civil Supplies Department
Navigate to the official portal of the Food and Civil Supplies Department of Haryana. If you are from a different state, you can visit the website of the Food and Civil Supplies Department of your state.
Step 2: Choose Your Ration Card Option
Now you have to select the mode through which you want to know the status of your ration card. Here we will check the status using Aadhar. Therefore, select your ration card and choose the Know Your Ration Card option.
Step 3: Verify Captcha Code
The screen will display a captcha code for verification. Enter the code in the required field and tap the ‘verify’ button.
Step 4: Enter Your Aadhaar Number
You will be taken to a new web page where you have to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number. In the box beside, choose the option Search an Aadhaar number in Report Name and click on the View Report button.
Step 5: Check Ration Card Status
The screen will display your ration card status. Here you can check various details regarding your ration card, such as the name of the ration card holder, category of ration card, address of the cardholder, and more.
Benefits and Uses of a Ration Card
A ration card is mainly beneficial for low-income people who can’t afford essential commodities like food, grain, oil, etc. Given below are some significant benefits and uses of a ration card:
- Since the state government issues it, you can use it as an official identification document throughout India.
- People with ration cards can get food supplies at subsidised prices from a ration shop.
- You can use the card to pay the right amount of income tax.
- It can help obtain a new election ID or voter ID card.
- The card can open a bank account and initiate money transfers between bank accounts.
- While applying for a passport, you can present the ration card for identity verification.
- It is also helpful while purchasing a mobile SIM card.
- The card can also get a driving license and a new LPG connection.
- You can also withdraw life insurance with a ration card.
A ration card helps people below the poverty line (BPL) get access to food grains at subsidised prices and acts as a valid identification card. Therefore, whether you fall under the BPL category or not, having a ration card could be helpful in various situations, including getting a new passport, voter ID, driving license, and more.
If you have applied for the ration card and aren’t sure if it has been made, you can quickly check your ration card status by using your Aadhar card number.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Adhaar Card
- PVC Aadhaar Card
- NSEIT UIDAI
- Aadhaar Customer Care
- Link Aaadhaar
- Update Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Verification
- Aadhaar Card Photo
- Aaadhar Correction
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- PM Kisan Aadhaar Link
- Link Aadhaar to Ration Card
- Masked Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Authentication
- eAadhaar Card
- WBPDS Aadhaar Link
- Download Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Update History
- Aaadhar Password
- Aadhaar UCL Registration
- Voter ID Card Aadhaar Link
- Common Problems With Aaadhaar
- Aadhar Biometric Update
- Aadhaar Card Bank Linking
- Lost Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Lock and Unlock
- My Aadhaar
- Jan Aadhar Card
- Blue Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Not Received
- Aadhar Card eSignature
- Aadhaar Enabled Payments System
- Aadhar QR Code Scanner
- Aadhaar Generation
- Aadhaar Card Appointment
- Link Aadhaar Card With Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card Centres Gurgaon
- Link Aadhar Card with NPS Account
- Aadhaar KYC
- Aadhaar Sava Kendra
- NPCI Link Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres
- Aadhaar Card Centers in Delhi
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Noida
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bangalore
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Chennai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Mumbai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Kolkata
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bhopal
- Real Aadhar Card
- Aadhaar Complaint Status
- Aadhaar Link With EPF
- Name Change in Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card Address Change
- Mobile Number Aadhar Link at Home
- Aadhar Documents
- BOB Aadhar Card Link
- PNB Aadhaar Link
- LIC Aadhaar Link
- SBI Aadhaar Link
- PMAY Status Check With Aadhaar
- IRCTC Aadhaar Link
- Aadhaar GST Authentication
- Aadhaar Mutual Fund Link
- Aadhaar Face Authentication
- Link Aadhaar with LPG
- Link Driving Licence with Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Card for NRI
- Aadhaar Enrolment Certificate
- Udyog Aadhar Registration
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to check whether my Aadhar card is linked to the ration?
Visit the nearest PDS shop to know if your Aadhar card is linked with your ration card. Take a printout of both Ration and Aadhar cards and opt for finger-biometric authentication. On authentication, you will know whether your Aadhar card is linked with the ration.
How can I check my Indian ration card status?
One can visit the official portal of the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of your state for a ration card status check.
How should I download my ration card using my Aadhaar number?
You can follow the steps mentioned in the blog above to download your ration card using your Aadhaar number. All you have to do is visit your state’s Food and Civil Supplies Department and furnish the required Aadhar details. Once the screen displays your ration card, you can download it by clicking on the link or option.
How can I track my card status?
You can monitor your ration card status either through your Aadhaar card number or by visiting your respective state’s PDS or FCS website.