Step-By-Step Procedure for IRCTC Aadhaar Linking
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a subsidiary of Indian Railways, which manages approximately 5,50,000 to 6,00,000 bookings daily. For streamlined management of booking, an e-ticket system was introduced. Citizens can use the IRCTC portal to reserve train tickets across the nation entirely online from the convenience of their homes. You can register yourselves with IRCTC, and as a registered user, you can book up to 24 tickets within a month.
If you wish to book more than 12 tickets in a month, you will have to perform the IRCTC Aadhaar Link procedure. By linking your Aadhaar with IRCTC, you can book 24 tickets at a maximum in a month; thus, it is also called IRCTC link 12 tickets. At least one passenger on the master list must have finished their Aadhaar-IRCTC Linking to use this service. Now that you know the significance of linking your Aadhaar and IRCTC account, let's learn how to link your Aadhaar with IRCTC accounts.
How to Link Aadhar Card with IRCTC Account to Book e-Tickets
Citizens can now book up to 24 tickets per month with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation by being authenticated with their Aadhaar number. To unlock this exclusive service, you just need to link Aadhar with IRCTC. IRCTC provides two options to perform the IRCTC Aadhaar link procedure. One is through the official website and the other is through the IRCTC Rail Connect Mobile App.
You can opt for any of the two at your convenience. The only requirement is your Aadhaar Card.
Linking Aadhaar to Your IRCTC Account through the IRCTC Website
To link your Aadhaar to your IRCTC account through the IRCTC website, follow the below-depicted step-by-step procedure:
- Visit the official portal of IRCTC.
- From the homepage, choose the 'Login' tab present on the topmost section of the page.
- If you have not registered on the portal, first get registered and then log in with your credentials.
- In the text field, enter your 'User ID' along with 'Password'. Validate it through 'Captcha' and click on 'Sign In'.
- After logging in to your account, choose the 'My Account' option present on the topmost section of the webpage. A dropdown will appear containing several options, including 'My Profile, 'My Transactions', 'Link your Aadhaar', etc.
- Click on 'Link your Aadhaar', and you will get redirected to the Aadhaar KYC page.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number, agree to the disclaimer and click on 'Send OTP'.
- Now, enter the OTP you have received on your registered mobile number and click on 'Verify OTP'.
- A pop-up will display your KYC details on the screen. Go through them and confirm the same if the information is correct.
- Select the disclaimer and click on 'Update'.
You have successfully linked your Aadhaar card to the IRCTC account.
Linking Aadhaar with IRCTC account on the IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app
You can also schedule your train tickets through the IRCTC Rail connect mobile app. However, you will have to authenticate yourself through your Aadhaar number. The process to link Aadhaar with IRCTC is quite simple and can be accomplished by following the given procedure:
- Download the IRCTC Rail connect mobile app on Google Play Store or App Store.
- Use your user ID and password to log in through the mobile application.
- Scroll to the settings sections, and from the available options, select 'My Account. From the drop-down menu, choose the 'Link Your Aadhaar' option.
- Step 4: In the given text area, enter your 12- digit Aadhaar number and tap on the 'Sent OTP' tab.
- You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the same in the given section and submit it.
- Once you submit the information, and the verification is done, your Aadhaar will be interlinked with your IRCTC account.
Now, you are done with the IRCTC Aadhaar link 12 tickets procedure, or we can say you are eligible to book 24 tickets through your account in one month.
How to Add a Passenger to the Master List with an Aadhaar Number?
Follow the given steps to add a passenger to the master list:
- Visit the official e-ticketing IRCTC portal and login through the credentials.
- Go to the 'Profile Section', and from the dropdown, select "Master List."
- Enter the passenger's details, including Aadhaar number, DOB, and gender. Ensure the DOB is similar to the one on the Aadhaar Card.
- Finally, click on the 'Submit' button.
All newly added passengers will appear in the "Master List" with a "Pending" status once you finish the above process. Once the verification is completed from the organisation's end, the status will automatically change to "Verified". The best part about adding passengers' information is that you don't have to verify the information through OTP. However, if the passengers enlisted on the 'Master Lis' want to verify their Aadhaar numbers, they can count on the "Edit" option present adjacent to the passenger's name.
Steps to Book Tickets Using the Aadhaar Verified Master List
IRCTC permits account holders to book tickets directly from the Master List by choosing passenger details. There is no need to enter passenger details every time you book a ticket, as you can select the same from the list.
- Visit the official portal and log in using your credentials.
- In the book ticket form, present on the IRCTC homepage, enter travel details such as from, to, date, and type and click on the 'Search' tab to get the list of suitable trains.
- Choose the train you wish to travel in from the available options and select the 'Class'. Finally, click on the 'Book Now' option.
- Click on the "Select Passenger from Master List" option.
- From the Master List, tick on the passenger's name to book a ticket in their name.
- Once you are done with the selection, click on the "Select Passengers" option.
- The details of the selected passengers will directly appear within the booking window.
- Proceed with the payment to book your tickets.
Benefit of IRCTC Aadhaar Linking
When you perform IRCTC Aadhaar Link, you open doors to several benefits. Here's the list of benefits of linking Aadhaar with an IRCTC account.
- You can book train tickets with utmost ease by interlinking IRCTC to Aadhaar.
- In general, citizens can reserve up to 12 tickets through IRCTC, but through the IRCTC Aadhaar link, you can book 24 tickets within a month.
- When you link your Aadhaar with an IRCTC account, you can make e-ticket reservations without verifying your Aadhaar information.
- You don't have to enter passenger details every time you book tickets, as the details are already present in the Merit List of the account holder.
IRCTC Aadhaar Linking is not mandatory, but if you interlink them, you'll be able to take advantage of the extra benefits of reserving more tickets and simplifying planning your vacation. Booking train tickets become hassle-free because all the information is already verified and saved in your account. Passengers having an Aadhaar card can be added at any time and have their information validated because of the simplified procedure. Additionally, travellers can always book e-tickets online if their information is present on the Master List.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Adhaar Card
- PVC Aadhaar Card
- NSEIT UIDAI
- Aadhaar Customer Care
- Link Aaadhaar
- Update Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Verification
- Aadhaar Card Photo
- Aaadhar Correction
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- PM Kisan Aadhaar Link
- Link Aadhaar to Ration Card
- Masked Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Authentication
- eAadhaar Card
- WBPDS Aadhaar Link
- Download Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Update History
- Aaadhar Password
- Aadhaar UCL Registration
- Voter ID Card Aadhaar Link
- Common Problems With Aaadhaar
- Aadhar Biometric Update
- Aadhaar Card Bank Linking
- Lost Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Lock and Unlock
- My Aadhaar
- Jan Aadhar Card
- Blue Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Not Received
- Aadhar Card eSignature
- Aadhaar Enabled Payments System
- Aadhar QR Code Scanner
- Aadhaar Generation
- Aadhaar Card Appointment
- Link Aadhaar Card With Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card Centres Gurgaon
- Link Aadhar Card with NPS Account
- Aadhaar KYC
- Aadhaar Sava Kendra
- NPCI Link Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres
- Aadhaar Card Centers in Delhi
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Noida
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bangalore
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Chennai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Mumbai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Kolkata
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bhopal
- Real Aadhar Card
- Aadhaar Complaint Status
- Aadhaar Link With EPF
- Name Change in Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card Address Change
- Mobile Number Aadhar Link at Home
- Aadhar Documents
- BOB Aadhar Card Link
- PNB Aadhaar Link
- LIC Aadhaar Link
- SBI Aadhaar Link
- PMAY Status Check With Aadhaar
- Aadhaar GST Authentication
- Aadhaar Mutual Fund Link
- Aadhaar Face Authentication
- Link Aadhaar with LPG
- Ration Card Status by Aadhar
- Link Driving Licence with Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Card for NRI
- Aadhaar Enrolment Certificate
- Udyog Aadhar Registration
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
FAQ's About IRCTC Aadhaar Link
How can I add my Aadhaar card with IRCTC?
To add your Aadhaar card with IRCTC, you need to log in to the official portal with your user ID and password. In my profile section, you will get the option to perform IRCTC Aadhaar linking.
Is an Aadhaar card mandatory for IRCTC?
No, an Aadhaar card is not mandatory for IRCTC, but linking it helps to unlock several additional benefits, such as booking 24 tickets in a month.
What is the verified Aadhaar ID in IRCTC?
When you link your Aadhaar with your IRCTC account, your ID is referred to as a verified Aadhaar ID.
Is e Aadhaar card valid for railways?
Yes, an e-Aadhaar card is a valid identity proof for railway travel.