Senior Citizen Fixed Deposit Rate
The FDs can be of tenure ranging from 7 Days to 20 Yr . The ROI for different schemes starts from 3.50% to 8.50% for the general public and 4.00% to 9.00% for senior citizens. The min amount required to open a Fixed Deposit in such scheme is Rs.1,000
Name of Schemes
For General Citizen (p.a.)
For Senior Citizen (p.a.)
Senior Citizen Fixed Deposit Rate 2022
Bank and financial institutions across the country offer lucrative senior citizen FD Rates. The FD rates for senior citizens are 0.5% higher than that of the general citizens. The higher FD rates for senior citizens stimulate their savings post-retirement. If a senior citizen opts for a 5-Year fixed deposit, they are eligible for tax exemptions under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. The YES Bank offers the best senior citizens' FD rates as they can earn interest up to 6.5% on fixed deposits.
Eligibility of an FD for Senior Citizens?
The individual who wants to avail of the attractive FD rates for senior citizens is required to maintain and exhibit the following:
- The individual is required to establish that their age is more than 60 years. For that, they shall produce documents authenticating their age and identity.
- The applicants who have chosen to take early retirement and are of the age of 55 and more are also eligible to apply. However, it is to be noted that such deposits are offered only in selective banks and NBFCs.
- Non-Resident Indians are also eligible to open such fixed deposit accounts through NRO and NRE schemes.
Features Senior Citizens Fixed Deposit
The Senior Citizens Fixed deposits entail the following features that can be availed of by the depositors.
- The tenure of the fixed deposits ranges from 7 days to 10 years. The tenure offered can vary from bank to bank.
- The depositor can avail of the provision to select a nominee on their fixed deposit.
- The FD Rates for senior citizens offered are with respect to the tenure of the investment.
- The bank interest rates for senior citizens are compounded quarterly.
- The penalty is levied in case the depositor withdraws the amount prematurely.
Documents Required for Opening Senior Citizen FD Account
The applicant requires the following documents to open a Senior Citizen FD Account:
- Document Proof verifying the age
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Passport-Size photograph
How to Calculate the Maturity Value on Fixed Deposit?
Investors can use the diverse set of online calculators to compute the maturity and the interest amount. These calculators are easy-to-use self-help tools with a straightforward interface. The user is just required to mention the following:
Amount Deposited: the amount the investor is inclined to invest in the scheme
Rate of Interest: the interest the investor stands to make on the deposited amount
Tenure: The tenure of the investment in the scheme.
How can Senior Citizens Avail of the Benefits?
The senior citizen can avail of the following benefits by investing in the scheme:
- The FD Rates for senior citizens are lucrative as they’re offered an additional interest rate of 0.5% on the investments.
- The assured returns help the investors to stimulate their savings.
- The deposits are also exempted from tax under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
- Investors can choose from the variety of payout options available at their convenience.
Why Urban Money for Fixed Deposit Investment?
Urban money provides hassle-free financial and banking services to its customers with the assistance of sophisticated software solutions. Urban Money aims to provide a customer-friendly experience to its investors as they embark on their investment journey. Our services ensure that the investors get the best interest rates on their Fixed deposit investments so they can conveniently attain their financial goals.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
Top Bank FD
Top Bank FD Schemes
Which bank has the highest FD rates for senior citizens?
The YES Bank offers the highest FD rates for citizens as the investor can earn interest up to 6.5% on their investment.
Which is the best FD for senior citizens?
The tax-saving senior citizens FD allows the investor to earn tax-deductible interest under section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Do senior citizens get any extra benefits on the FD?
The FD rates for senior citizens are higher compared to general citizens.
What age proof is required for a senior citizen fixed deposit?
The senior citizens can provide Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, or other identification proof to verify their age.
Is interest in FD taxable for senior citizens?
The FD Rates for senior citizens are lucrative and are eligible for tax exemption under section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
What is the TDS limit for senior citizens?
The financial institution levies no TDS on the interest income up to Rs 50,000.
Can a senior citizen open a fixed deposit account jointly with a person who is not a senior citizen?
Yes, the applicant can open a senior fixed deposit account jointly with a person who is not a senior citizen.