Know your PAN Card
Moreover, a PAN Card contains details that can also be used as an identification document for availing of various government schemes. The format of the PAN card incorporates a 10-digit alphanumeric sequencing unique for every individual. In this blog, know your PAN card more effectively and unlock all the ways you can make better use of your PAN card.
PAN or Permanent Account Number is a mandatory identification document that all taxpayers must possess. Furthermore, with the PAN card, several benefits and uses are involved as well. Some of these uses include payment of taxes, claiming tax benefits and returns, making hefty transactions, investing in stocks and mutual funds, and so on. The PAN document should be held by anyone earning a taxable revenue in India, including businesses with a turnover of more than INR 5 lakhs. PAN cards are issued by the Income Tax Department under the regulation of the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
Know About Your PAN Card Details?
If you want to know your PAN card better, it will be prudent to start with what details are included in a PAN card. Information about a PAN card is available from various online sources, which users can use to apply for various schemes and benefits. Here is a list of details to know about your PAN card.
- Full name of the PAN card holder
- Full name of PAN card holder’s father or legal guardian.
- Birth date in DD / MM / YYYY format
- A passport-size photograph
- 10-digit unique alpha-numeric sequence
- Signature of the PAN card holder
The document is issued in the form of a plastic card laminated end-to-end with all the details mentioned above inscribed on the face of the card.
Know Your Pan Card Details Online from the Income Tax Website
From the official website of the Income Tax Department, PAN card holders can access details by providing their personal information such as name, date of birth, email address, contact number, etc. With these details, it is easy to know your PAN information online. Here is how you can know your PAN card details online from the income tax website.
- Go to the official website of Income Tax efiling
- If you are a new user, you should get registered. This will involve providing a PAN card number, personal details, verification of the details, and account creation.
- If already registered, click on log in. Enter your PAN or Aadhaar or user ID.
- After you register or log in with the Income Tax Website, you can proceed to the profile section.
- There you will be able to know your PAN card details such as PAN number, name of the assessee, date of birth, gender, status, and residential address.
Know your PAN Number by Name & DOB
In case one needs to know about their PAN card details, they can merely use information like their name and their date of birth. This allows them to access their PAN card details with minimal information and maximum convenience. Here are the steps to Know your PAN card via your name and date of birth.
- Go to the official website of the e-filing Income Tax Department Home page
- From the main menu, navigate to the ‘Verify your PAN’ section
- You will be required to enter your PAN number, name, and date of birth there.
- Enter your mobile number to get an OTP verification.
- Post-verification, you'll get to know your PAN card activation status therein.
Know your PAN Card Number by Email
Now know your PAN card status by sending an Email to the authorities. You can do this by sending a query to the email address which will prompt the authorities to revert within 2 - 3 working day. The details for the same has been listed down below.
|This is an official customer care email address for NSDL. Recently, the entity has been renamed to Protean eGov Technologies Limited.
|This is an official customer email address for UTIITSL
Know your PAN Card Number by Mobile App
Users can also know their PAN card status via mobile application. The steps to do so are as laid down below.
- Download the PAN Card application on your mobile device via an app store.
- You can navigate the application interface to find “Know Your PAN details”.
- Enter details of your PAN card, including your name and date of birth.
- Provide your mobile phone number, which is registered with your PAN card.
- A verification OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Once the OTP is verified, information pertaining to the user will be shown on the application's interface.
Know your Pan Card Issue Date
PAN Cards come with the date on which the document is issued and allotted to the applicant. This may not be imperative for a user who wants to perform a verification. However, it might still help to be aware of the date of issue of the PAN card. The users can see the PAN Card Issue date inscribed in a vertical position on the bottom-right corner of the document. The formatting will be DD / MM / YYYY without any spaces.
For instance, if the PAN Card issue date is 1st January 2022, the inscription will be shown as 01012022.
Know your PAN by Toll-Free Number
In efforts to make the customer service process better and more efficient, authorities have incorporated the toll-free feature for users to know your PAN Card. Cardholders can now simply call a toll-free number to enquire about their PAN card document. Know your PAN card by dialling the following toll-free numbers mentioned below. This is free of charge, and customers can make their call anytime from anywhere.
- 1800 180 1961 for Income Tax Toll-Free Number
- NSDL Tollfree number- 1800 222 990
How to know your PAN Status?
Keeping track of your PAN card application status can become a necessary step for making urgent follow-ups or making any deadline calls for document submission. You can now know your PAN card status with a few methods. The most used way to know your PAN card status is through the UTIITSL portal. The steps to understanding your UTI PAN Card status are as shown below.
- Go to the official website of UTIITSL by visiting the link trackpan.utiitsl.com.
- You would be required to enter your application coupon number.
- There might be chances that you do not remember your coupon number. In that case, you can also enter your PAN Card number.
- You will be asked to provide details about the date of birth or incorporation number.
- Enter the security captcha code correctly and carefully.
- Upon submission of the details mentioned above, you will be able to know your PAN status therein.
Know your PAN Status Without Acknowledgment Number
There is a provision for PAN card applicants to know their PAN status without the acknowledgement number. This can be easier since acknowledgement number tracking can be a hassle for some. They can simply bypass the requirement and do away with the need to enter the acknowledgement number. Here is how you can know your PAN status with the acknowledgement number.
- Go to the official website of the NSDL portal.
- You will be required to choose the New/Change Request option under the PAN's ‘Application Type’ section.
- Further, you will be required to select the option of Name.
- Enter your first, middle, and last name correctly.
- Enter your date of birth / Incorporation / Agreement / Partnership or Trust Deed / Formation of Body of Individuals / Association of Persons.
- After submitting the details, you will receive the PAN card details.
Know your PAN Card Application Status through SMS and Call
Another convenient provision for PAN card holders is to check their application status through SMS and call facility. This can remove the need to have an active internet connection or pay a visit to any PAN card government office for updations. Users can simply send a text message addressing their queries or make a call on a toll-free number seeking their PAN card application status. To use the SMS service, users must send a text to 57575 in the format of NSDL PAN, followed by the 15-digit acknowledgement number.
|Other PAN Resource
|How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card Online and Offline?
|Duplicate PAN Card Overview: Who Can Apply?
|Guide to Check UTIITSL PAN Card Status Online?
Check Status of PAN Card Application through Aadhaar Number
Since the Aadhaar Card has been deemed mandatory to be linked with the PAN card, users can also know their PAN card application status through the Aadhaar number. For this, they must have a phone number registered with their Aadhaar card for authentication purposes. Here are the steps to check the status of a PAN card application through the Aadhaar Number.
- Go to the official website of the Income Tax efiling Department.
- Under the quick link menu options, select the instant e-PAN option
- You can either get a new e-PAN request or proceed to check the status of your PAN card application therein.
- Click on the Check status/ download PAN option
- Enter your Aadhaar number.
- An OTP will be prompted to your registered mobile number
- Post-verification, you can get the status of your PAN card application online.
Steps to check the Status of PAN Card Transaction
To know the status of your PAN Card transactions, you will be required to register with the Income Tax online efiling portal; whatever transaction made by you will be automatically shown under the PAN card details pertaining to Form 26AS. These transactions can be income earned, tax deduction at source, rental expense, etc.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Pan Card
- Pan Card status UTIITSL
- Link Aadhaar Pan Card
- Duplicate PAN Card
- Minor PAN Card
- PAN Card Name Change
- CSC PAN Card
- Pan Card Update
- Pan Card Status
- NSDL PAN Card Status
- Apply Pan Card Online
- PAN Card Verification
- Download PAN Card
- Instant PAN Card Through Aadhaar
- Change Address in Pan Card
- Link PAN Card with Bank Account
- Surrender PAN Card
- AO Code for PAN
- Pan Card LIC link
- PAN Card Eligibility
- PAN Card Correction Form
- Documents Required for PAN Card
- Bank PAN Number
- PAN Card Cancellation
- TAN Verification
- Form 61
- Difference Between PAN and TAN, and TIN
- PAN Cards For Partnership
- PAN Card Rejection
- PAN Card Customer Care
- PAN Card For NRI
- Pan Card Details
- TAN Number
- PAN Card in 48 Hours
- PAN Card Fees
- Annexure A PAN Card
- PAN Full Form
- Link PAN Card with EPF
- PAN AIN Registration
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
FAQ's About Know your PAN Card
How can I know about my PAN Card?
There are several ways to know about your PAN Card. Most commonly, users stick to the Income Tax efiling portal. You can also know your PAN status by sending an SMS, giving a toll-free number call and resorting to online portals such as NSDL and UTIITSL.
How to track the status of the PAN application for free?
Know your PAN application status online through service providers, including NSDL, UTIITSL, e-Mudra, and the Income Tax efiling portal. Alternatively, you can also know your PAN status through SMS and call facility.
Is it necessary for me to give the date of issuance of my PAN Card for verification?
It is not necessary to provide the date of issuance of the PAN Card for authentication or verification. The date of issuance is merely attached to the PAN card for reference.
Can I download my PAN Card?
You can download your PAN card in the format of e-PAN from the online portal of the income tax efiling department. You will be required to provide your aadhaar number. There will be an OTP verification involved as well.
Can I get my PAN card within three days?
There is a provision for applicants to get an instant online PAN card within two days from submitting the application form. This can be achieved by filling out an application form from the NSDL online portal.
Do I need an Aadhaar card to get a PAN card?
It has been made mandatory for Aadhaar to be an essential document for applying for a PAN card. This mandate came from Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act 1961, which was reviewed in the financial year 2017.
Is a PAN card without a signature valid?
A PAN card without a signature would be considered incomplete and invalid. The PAN card holder must attest to a PAN. Without the same, the document would not be accepted for further authentication.