Aadhaar Link With NPS Account
The National Pension System is a pension scheme backed by the government that allows people aged 60 or above to save some amount for their future. Further, PFRDA (Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority), managed by NPS, advised subscribers to link Aadhaar card with NPS accounts.
Any subscriber of NPS has to open only one account and deposit at least INR 6,000 every month. A subscriber of NPS will be able to withdraw a lump sum amount and utilise the leftover part to purchase a future allowance. The Government of India launched this scheme in 2004 for all employees and extended it to 2009.
How to Link Adhaar Card With NPS Account Online?
To link your Aadhaar Card with an NPS account online, you can follow the different methods for existing users and new subscribers.
Steps to Connect the NPS Aadhar Link for New Users
You should follow the steps below to link your Aadhaar and NPS accounts as a new subscriber.
Step 1: Go to the official website of NSDL e-NPS portal.
Step 2: You have to press the option of “Registration.”
Step 3: You must choose the details and enter your Aadhaar number in the given space.
Step 4: Press on the option to 'Generate OTP.'
Step 5: Click on the 'Proceed' button and check the disclaimer.
Step 6: On your registered mobile number, an OTP will be sent. However, you must enter the OTP in the text field and press the continue button.
Step 7: You must complete the NPS registration form, continue making the payment, and generate your acknowledgement number.
Step 8: Finally, submit the registration information and generate your PRAN.
Step 9: You will now e-sign the registration form. Your NPS subscription process is now complete.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with NPS Account for Existing Users
Follow the below-written steps and link your Aadhaar Card with your NPS account online as an existing user:
Step 1: You must log in using your NPS account at to link Link Aadhaar Card with NPS.
Step 2: Select the “Update Aadhaar/Address Details” option from the “Update Details” section.
Step 3: You must enter your Aadhaar number twice and press the “Generate OTP” button.
Step 4: Press the process button and consent to NSDL e-Gov for the linking process.
Step 5: OTP will be sent to the number registered with the Aadhaar card.
Step 6: Once you enter the OTP, click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 7: Once the authentication is confirmed, your Adhaar will be linked successfully with your NPS account.
Crucial Points To Remember While Creating Link Aadhaar Card with NPS
At the time of the NPS Aadhar link, make sure to keep the below-written points in your mind:
- Your name on the Aadhaar card and the Permanent Account Number (PAN) must be the same.
- All the subscribers must follow the NPS Aadhaar link process even if they have submitted their Adhaar during the subscription time.
- NPS Aadhar linking is done using the Aadhaar OTP validation method only.
- You also have to ensure that your mobile number is registered with your Aadhaar number to keep the OTP verification smooth.
- Also, the Aadhaar seeding process will only be completed for government employees when the related nodal officer approves their request.
Advantages to Avail by Linking Aadhaar and NPS Account
Several benefits can be availed when you link your Aadhaar card with your NPS account.
- You can easily open your NPS account online using your Aadhaar authentication.
- You can fulfil your KYC norms quickly by using Aadhaar seeding.
- You can track all the financial transactions once you link Aadhaar to your NPS account. This will help individuals be exempt from tax.
- The e-KYC process through your Aadhaar number will save you time and paperwork hassle, as the OTP acts as an instant validation.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
About Adhaar Card
- PVC Aadhaar Card
- NSEIT UIDAI
- Aadhaar Customer Care
- Link Aaadhaar
- Update Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Verification
- Aadhaar Card Photo
- Aaadhar Correction
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- PM Kisan Aadhaar Link
- Link Aadhaar to Ration Card
- Masked Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Authentication
- eAadhaar Card
- WBPDS Aadhaar Link
- Download Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Update History
- Aaadhar Password
- Aadhaar UCL Registration
- Voter ID Card Aadhaar Link
- Common Problems With Aaadhaar
- Aadhar Biometric Update
- Aadhaar Card Bank Linking
- Lost Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Lock and Unlock
- My Aadhaar
- Jan Aadhar Card
- Blue Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Not Received
- Aadhar Card eSignature
- Aadhaar Enabled Payments System
- Aadhar QR Code Scanner
- Aadhaar Generation
- Aadhaar Card Appointment
- Link Aadhaar Card With Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card Centres Gurgaon
- Aadhaar KYC
- Aadhaar Sava Kendra
- NPCI Link Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres
- Aadhaar Card Centers in Delhi
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Noida
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bangalore
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Chennai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Mumbai
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Kolkata
- Aadhaar Card Centres in Bhopal
- Real Aadhar Card
- Aadhaar Complaint Status
- Aadhaar Link With EPF
- Name Change in Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card Address Change
- Mobile Number Aadhar Link at Home
- Aadhar Documents
- BOB Aadhar Card Link
- PNB Aadhaar Link
- LIC Aadhaar Link
- SBI Aadhaar Link
- PMAY Status Check With Aadhaar
- IRCTC Aadhaar Link
- Aadhaar GST Authentication
- Aadhaar Mutual Fund Link
- Aadhaar Face Authentication
- Link Aadhaar with LPG
- Ration Card Status by Aadhar
- Link Driving Licence with Aadhaar
- Aadhaar Card for NRI
- Aadhaar Enrolment Certificate
- Udyog Aadhar Registration
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
FAQ's About Aadhar Card NPS Account Link
How can I register my NPS with Aadhar?
To register your NPS account with Aadhar, you can visit the official website of NSDL and click on the ‘Update Aadhaar’ option, then enter the OTP and click on the authentication button.
How do I complete KYC for NPS?
Ans. You can complete your KYC for NPS using Aadhaar through One Time Password (OTP) validation. It will help you in creating a Link Aadhaar Card with NPS. Also, it is useful for NPS Aadhaar verification.
Is Aadhaar mandatory for NPS?
Ans. From August 2021, the Central Government notified that the Aadhaar Card is a mandatory identity proof for every individual who wants to avail of the benefits under the National Pension Scheme (NPS). It helps with the NPS’s Aadhaar verification.
Can we open an NPS account without an Aadhar card?
No, it is impossible to open an NPS account without an Aadhaar card or PAN card. Even an NRI must have a bank account in India and establish an address.
How long does it take for NPS KYC verification?
It takes about 10-15 working days for KYC verification to be processed and registered with KRA (KYC Registration Agency). You can also check your KYC status here. The NPS-Aadhaar verification is mandatory for every pension holder.