HDFC Home Loan Eligibility Calculator
In today's dynamic financial landscape, owning a home is a cherished aspiration for many individuals and families. However, the cost of purchasing a home can often seem daunting, necessitating the assistance of home loans to bridge the gap between dream and reality. As a result, financial institutions offer a variety of home loan options tailored to suit diverse needs.
Among these institutions, HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) stands out as a prominent player in the realm of home financing. HDFC provides a useful tool known as the Home Loan Eligibility Calculator to facilitate potential homebuyers in their journey. This innovative tool empowers individuals to estimate their eligibility for a home loan, aiding them in making informed decisions and embarking on the path to homeownership with confidence.
Let's delve into an overview of HDFC's Home Loan Eligibility Calculator and understand how it can be a valuable resource in the quest for a new abode.
HDFC Home Loan Eligibility Calculator - Key Features & Benefits
The HDFC Home Loan Eligibility Calculator is a tool that can help you estimate the maximum home loan amount that you may be eligible for. It takes into account your income, expenses, and other factors to give you a realistic idea of how much you can borrow.
Here are some of the key features and benefits of the HDFC Home Loan Eligibility Calculator:
- It is easy to use: Simply enter your income, expenses, and other details, and the calculator will do the rest.
- It is accurate: The calculator uses the latest interest rates and other factors to give you a realistic estimate of your eligibility.
- It is up-to-date: The calculator is updated regularly to reflect the latest changes in the market.
- It is secure: Your personal information is safe and secure.
- It can help you plan your finances: By knowing how much you can borrow, you can start planning your home purchase and budgeting accordingly.
- It can save you time: You don't have to go through the hassle of applying for a home loan only to find out you are not eligible.
- It can help you get a better deal: Knowing your eligibility allows you to negotiate with lenders for a better interest rate and other terms.
How to Use HDFC Home Loan Eligibility Calculator?
- Visit Urban Money.
- Tap on the “Loans” option and then select “Home Loan.” You can locate these options in the horizontal menu bar at the top of the homepage.
- You will redirected to the home loan page, where you can find an array of leading banks and NBFCs in India.
- Scroll down and select “HDFC Bank.” You will redirected to "HDFC Bank Home Loan" page
- The ‘HDFC Home Loan Eligibility Calculator’ will be displayed on your screen.
- Enter the required details, such as your name, phone number, city, desired loan amount, loan tenure, etc.
- Click the “Check Eligibility” button.
- In a jiffy, a 6-digit OTP will be sent to the phone number you provided.
- Enter the OTP and click “Submit.”
- The calculator will promptly show the total loan amount you can avail of from the bank, along with the pertinent interest rate, tenure, and monthly EMI for the eligible loan amount.
- Furthermore, click the “Apply Now” button to apply for the loan. Alternatively, click “View All Offers” to explore and compare offers from other prominent lenders in India.
List of Factors Affecting HDFC Home Loan Eligibility
- Income and repayment capacity: The most important factor that determines your home loan eligibility is your income and repayment capacity. The lender will consider your gross monthly income, the number of dependents you have, and your existing debt obligations to determine how much you can afford to borrow.
- Age: The lender will also consider your age. The maximum age for a home loan borrower is 65 years. This is because the lender wants to ensure that you will be able to repay the loan before you retire.
- Financial position: The lender will also look at your financial position. This includes your assets, liabilities, and credit history. The lender wants to ensure that you have a good financial track record and can afford the monthly EMIs.
- Credit score: Your credit score is a number that lenders use to assess your creditworthiness. A good credit score will help you get a lower interest rate on your home loan.
- Property type and location: The lender will also consider the type of property you are buying and its location. The lender wants to make sure that the property is in a good location and that it is likely to appreciate in value.
- Loan amount: The lender will also consider the loan amount you are applying for. The maximum loan amount that you can borrow will depend on your income, age, and financial position.
How can you Improve your HDFC Home Loan Eligibility?
- Get a co-applicant: Having a co-applicant with a good credit score and income will help improve your overall eligibility. The co-applicant’s income will be added to yours, and their credit score will be factored into the decision.
- Choose a shorter repayment period: The shorter the repayment period, the lower your monthly EMIs will be, and the more you will be able to borrow. However, you will also have to pay more interest in the long run.
- Make a larger down payment: The larger your down payment, the less you will have to borrow, and the more your home loan eligibility will improve. A down payment of at least 20% is usually required for the best interest rates.
- Have a good credit score: A good credit score will show lenders that you are a responsible borrower. You can improve your credit score by paying your bills on time, keeping your credit utilisation low, and not opening too many new accounts at once.
- Have a stable job: Lenders want to see that you have a stable job with a steady income. If you have been in your current job for at least two years, it will improve your chances of getting approved for a home loan.
- Have a clear debt history: Lenders want to see that you have a clean debt history. If you have any outstanding debts, make sure you are paying them on time.
Understanding the Impact of Credit Score on HDFC Home Loan Eligibility
Your credit score is one of the most important factors that lenders consider when evaluating your home loan application. HDFC, like most other lenders, uses your credit score to assess your creditworthiness and determine how likely you are to repay your loan on time.
A higher credit score indicates that you are a low-risk borrower and are more likely to be approved for a home loan. You will also be eligible for a lower interest rate on your loan, which can save you thousands of rupees in the long run.
HDFC typically requires a credit score of 700 or higher for a home loan. However, the actual credit score requirement may vary depending on your individual circumstances. For example, if you have a long history of timely repayments and a low debt-to-income ratio, you may be approved for a home loan with a lower credit score.
If your credit score is lower than 700, you may still be approved for a home loan from HDFC, but you will likely be offered a higher interest rate. This is because lenders view borrowers with lower credit scores as being more risky.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
- Employee Provident Fund
- Systematic Investment Plan
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- Recurring Deposit
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Top 10 AMC
Top 10 Banks
People Also Asked About HDFC Housing Loan Eligibility Calculator
How can I find out if I am eligible for a home loan from HDFC Bank?
You can use their online eligibility calculator to check your eligibility for a home loan from HDFC Bank. This calculator will ask you for some basic information, such as your income, debt, and the property you want to buy. Once you have submitted the information, the calculator will tell you how much you are eligible to borrow.
What is the maximum loan amount I can borrow from HDFC Bank for a home loan?
The maximum loan amount you can borrow from HDFC Bank will depend on several factors, including your income, debt, and the property you want to buy. However, the bank typically offers loan amounts up to Rs. 30 crores.
How can I determine if I meet the eligibility criteria for a home loan from HDFC Bank?
To determine if you meet the eligibility criteria for a home loan from HDFC Bank, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be a permanent resident of India.
- You must be at least 21 years old and not more than 65 years old at the time of loan maturity.
- You must have a minimum income of Rs. 10,000 per month for salaried individuals and Rs. 2 lakhs per annum for self-employed individuals.
- You must have a good credit score.
- You must have a clean repayment history.
How can I increase my chances of getting a higher home loan amount from HDFC Bank?
You can do several things to increase your chances of getting a higher home loan amount from HDFC Bank. These include:
- Reducing your debt.
- Improving your credit score.
- Putting down a larger down payment.
- Applying for a co-borrower.