HDFC Bank Personal Loan
Enter 6 Digit OTP
We have just sent a verificaton code to
Send the code again
Change mobile number/email address
Check HDFC Bank Personal Loan Eligibility
Personal Loan Banks
HDFC Bank Personal Loan
10.5% - 24%
Up to 2.5%
₹50K - ₹40L
Tenure(Up to 5 Years)
Features and Benefits of HDFC Personal Loan
Given below are some of the features that you can examine before applying for an HDFC personal loan.
1) Quick Services
- The HDFC Bank customers who are pre-approved can receive the funds well within 10 seconds.
- The rest of the customers can receive a loan within 4 working days, determined by the verification and documentation at the bank’s end.
2) Apply for HDFC Personal Loan Online
You can apply for HDFC personal loan online with a few quick steps. The entire process of online application can be completed without any hassle.
3) Insurance Protection
- Personal Accident Cover: You can get a personal accident cover of up to ₹8 lakhs and a critical illness cover of ₹1 lakh by paying a nominal premium amount. This premium amount will be subtracted from the loan amount at the time of disbursement. A few extra charges/surcharges will be levied.
- Personal Loan Security: You can easily secure your personal loan through Sarv Suraksha Pro. It provides a Credit Shield Cover equivalent to the outstanding loan amount. You can avail of up to ₹8 lakh for Accidental Hospitalization cover and ₹1 lakh for Permanent Disablement/Accidental Death cover.
4) Customised Personal Loans
HDFC Bank provides you with a customised loan offer and rates for any type of loan you need. The people who already have an account with the HDFC bank can receive special benefits, rates, charges, and offers. The first-time loan customers are also offered numerous perks. Choose the loan tenure of your choice and pay back the loan in pocket-friendly EMI’s according to your terms.
5) Personal Loan Balance Transfer
You can avail of a deduction in your loan EMI by transferring the balance to HDFC Bank. The interest rates are as low as 11%, and the processing fee for the same is ₹3,999 (+GST).
6) 24x7 Assistance
HDFC Bank provides assistance to its customers through round-the-clock services and by offering immediate help in the twinkle of an eye.
HDFC Personal Loan Interest Rates
The HDFC personal loan interest rate starts from 11% and ranges up to 21%. The interest rate offered to the applicant will depend on a number of factors, including credit history and income.
HDFC Bank Fees and Charges
The HDFC Bank levies pocket-friendly charges and fees. Take a look at the HDFC personal loan requirements like fees and charges mentioned below.
|Fee Type||Amount Charged|
|Rack Interest Rate||For salaried individuals - 11% to 21.00%|
|Loan Processing Charges||Up to 2.50% of the loan amount is subject to a maximum of ₹25,000 (for salaried customers)|
|Stamp Duty and Other Statutory Charges||Applicable according to the state’s laws|
|Overdue EMI Interest||2% per month on Principal Overdue/ EMI|
|Incidental/Legal Charges||At actuals|
|Amortisation Schedule Charges||₹200|
|Cheque Swapping Charges||₹500|
|Cheque Bounce Charges||1st return at Rs.450 + taxes 2nd within a month Rs.500 + taxes and 3rd onwards Rs.550 + taxes (10% discount is provided for Senior Citizens) |
|Loan Cancellation Charges||NIL|
|Pre-Payment in Full or Part||For salaried individuals - No pre-payment in full or part permitted until the repayment of 12 EMIs is made. Part payment is allowed up to 25% of the Principal Outstanding amount. It is permitted only once in the entire financial year and twice during the tenure of the loan.|
|Pre-payment Charges on Part Payment Charges/Principal Outstanding||For salaried individuals: 13-24 months - 4% of principal outstanding, 25-36 months - 3% of principal outstanding >36 months - 2% of principal outstanding|
Note: Government taxes and other charges will be levied over and above the fees and charges as applicable.
HDFC Personal Loan Requirements
|Age||21 to 60 years||21 to 65 years|
|Minimum income||Rs.15,000||Rs.5 Lakh p.a.|
|Tenure of loan||12 – 60 months||12 – 60 months|
|Maximum amount of loan||Rs.40 Lakh||Rs.40 Lakh|
|CIBIL score||750 or above||750 or above|
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Personal Loan
The mentioned below individuals are eligible to apply for HDFC personal loan:
- Private sector employees, public sector employees, which include state, local and central bodies
- 21 to 60 years of individuals
- Individuals who have been working for a minimum of 2 years with a job of 1 year with the present employer
- Individuals who earn a net income of ₹25,000 per month.
Factors Affecting HDFC Personal Loan Eligibility
A bank or financial institution provides different interest rates to different applicants owing to their eligibility to avail of a personal loan. The higher the interest rate, the more will be your loan EMI. This gravely affects personal loan affordability. Let us have a look at the various factors that influence the HDFC personal loan interest rate and eligibility criteria.
|Age||The HDFC Bank does not provide loans to people below 21 years of age as they are considered risky borrowers to pay back the loan. People above the age of 60 are also not provided with the loan as they might not have a steady income.|
|Credit Score||Your credit score is maintained by the credit bureau and is an important indicator of your creditworthiness. A lower credit score might result in disapproval of your application or be approved with a higher interest rate.|
|Income||The higher your income, the lower the interest rate will be charged. Also, individuals with a high income are considered to be reliable and responsible for paying back the loan amount.|
|Repayment History||A good repayment history means that you have been disciplined with your loan EMIs and have paid them on time. This could get you a lower interest rate from the bank, and the bank can rely on you to pay back the amount.|
|Defaults||If the bank comes across any default in your credit report, it might ditch your loan application or charge you with a high-interest rate.|
|Relationship with the Bank||If you open more than one regular account like a savings account and fixed deposit in a single bank, then you are seen as a loyal customer. This interpersonal relationship can help you fetch an attractive rate of interest along with your application being approved.|
Documents Required for HDFC Personal Loan
- Proof of identity (voter ID card/Aadhaar/driving licence/passport copy)
- Proof of address (voter ID card/Aadhaar/driving licence/passport copy)
- Bank statement of the preceding 3 months (6 month’s passbook)
- Latest Salary Slips and Form 16/2
How Does the EMI Calculation Work for HDFC Personal Loans?
HDFC Bank’s online EMI calculator helps you to calculate your monthly instalments with ease. This on-the-go and intuitive calculator can help you plan your loan repayments. To calculate your EMI, enter the loan amount, HDFC personal loan interest rate, and your loan tenure. The results will be displayed on your screen within seconds.
The loan amount can be entered in the range of 50,000 to 4,000,000 and term from 1 to 5 years.
How Does HDFC Compare With Other Lenders?
Have a look at the table below to see the comparison of HDFC Bank with the other prevalent competitors of personal loan providers in India.
|NBFCs/Banks||Interest Rates (Annual)|
|HDFC Bank||10.25% – 21.00%|
|SBI||9.60% – 13.85%|
|PNB||7.90% – 14.50%|
|ICICI Bank||10.50% – 19.00%|
|Axis Bank||10.25% p.a. onwards|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||10.25% onwards|
|IndusInd Bank||11.00% onwards|
|IDFC First Bank||10.49% – 23.00%|
|Bajaj Finserv||13.00% onwards|
|Tata Capital||10.99% onwards|
HDFC Personal Loan Customer Care Number
HDFC Bank customer number is 7065970659. You can also reach out to them at Webchat, Click2Talk, and PhoneBanking.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Personal Loan Advisor Now!
Hdfc Bank's Calculators
Loan Home Page
Hdfc Bank's Other Products
Hdfc Bank's IFSC Codes
- Hdfc Bank Andaman and Nicobar
- Hdfc Bank Andhra Pradesh
- Hdfc Bank Assam
- Hdfc Bank Bihar
- Hdfc Bank Chandigarh
- Hdfc Bank Chhattisgarh
- Hdfc Bank Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Hdfc Bank Daman and Diu
- Hdfc Bank Delhi
- Hdfc Bank Gujarat
- Hdfc Bank Haryana
- Hdfc Bank Himachal Pradesh
- Hdfc Bank Jammu and Kashmir
- Hdfc Bank Jharkhand
- Hdfc Bank Karnataka
- Hdfc Bank Kerala
- Hdfc Bank Madhya Pradesh
- Hdfc Bank Maharashtra
- Hdfc Bank Manipur
- Hdfc Bank Meghalaya
- Hdfc Bank Mizoram
- Hdfc Bank Nagaland
- Hdfc Bank Odisha
- Hdfc Bank Puducherry
- Hdfc Bank Punjab
- Hdfc Bank Rajasthan
- Hdfc Bank Tamil Nadu
- Hdfc Bank Telangana
- Hdfc Bank Tripura
- Hdfc Bank Uttarakhand
- Hdfc Bank Uttar Pradesh
- Hdfc Bank West Bengal
Personal Loan By Other Banks
- Axis Bank Personal Loan
- Bank of Baroda Personal Loan
- ICICI Bank Personal Loan
- Bajaj Finserv Personal Loan
- Canara Bank Personal Loan
- IndiaBulls Personal Loan
- YES Bank Personal Loan
- DHFL Personal Loan
- CITI Bank Personal Loan
- Union Bank of India Personal Loan
- Federal Bank Personal Loan
- IndusInd Bank Personal Loan
- State Bank of India Personal Loan
- IDFC FIRST Bank Personal Loan
- Hero FinCorp Personal Loan
- Punjab National Bank Personal Loan
- IDBI Bank Personal Loan
- Kotak Bank Personal Loan
- Shriram Urban Co Operative Bank Limited Personal Loan
- Tata Capital Financial Services LTD Personal Loan
- Tata Capital Housing Finance Limited Personal Loan
- HDFC Sales Personal Loan
- Indian bank Personal Loan
- Capital First Ltd. Personal Loan
- Clix Capital Personal Loan
- Aditya Birla Finance Limited Personal Loan
- L&T Finance Personal Loan
- HSBC Personal Loan
- Loantap Credit Products Private Limited Personal Loan
- Reliance Capital Personal Loan
- Fullerton India Personal Loan
- Bank of India Personal Loan
- Paysence Service Pvt Ltd Personal Loan
- IIFL Finance Personal Loan
- InCred Financial Services Personal Loan
- Edelweiss Financial Services Personal Loan
- Poonawalla Fincorp Limited Personal Loan
- DCB Bank Personal Loan
- Punjab & Sind Bank Personal Loan
- Muthoot Finance Ltd Personal Loan
- karnataka bank Personal Loan
- Bank of Maharashtra Personal Loan
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Personal Loan
- AU Small Finance Bank Personal Loan
- karur Vysya Bank Personal Loan
- RBL Bank Personal Loan
- FT Cash Personal Loan
- Deutsche Bank Personal Loan
- MoneyWide Personal Loan
Mutual Fund Scheme
Mutual Fund Sector
Gold & Silver Rate
From refinancing to reducing your interest, we have the answers right here.
Can I switch to a floating rate from a fixed rate during my loan tenure?
Yes, you can switch to a floating rate of interest anytime during the loan tenure by paying a small fee.
What is the minimum salary required for a personal loan?
The minimum salary required to apply for HDFC personal loan is ₹25,000 per month.
When does the personal loan repayment period start?
The personal loan repayment begins from the next month of the disbursement. For example, if the loan amount was given to the borrower on 5th May, the repayment will begin from June, as per the repayment cycle.
Does HDFC check for CIBIL score for a personal loan?
Yes, HDFC Bank will check your entire CIBIL/credit report while evaluating your application for a personal loan.
What is the maximum and minimum personal loan amount I can get from HDFC?
You can get a loan ranging from Rs.50, 000 to Rs.40 lakh.
Get your latest Credit Score, FREE
Personal Loan Guide
Get in-depth knowledge about all things related to loans and your finances
Vidya Lakshmi Education Loan
Vidya Lakshmi Education Loan Scheme is a government initiative to provide financial assistance to students pursuing higher education. Under this scheme, loans are provided to students from differen
Emergency Loan : Get Urgent Loans
Emergency loans are a type of personal loan that can cover unexpected expenses when you don't have cash on hand. These loans can help you pay for anything from a medical emergency to a car repair.<
Get Rs 1 Lakh Personal Loan Online
Looking to raise 1 Lakh from a personal loan in India? Check out the list of top lending institutions that offer funds to a customer base with attractive interest rates and flexible repayment tenur