Gold Rate in Bangalore
Today Gold prices in Bangalore are quoted in Indian rupees (INR) per gram or per 10 grams, and they change daily based on the current market situation. However, gold prices in Bangalore are generally higher than the international market prices because the Indian government imposes various taxes and duties.
Today MCX gold price in rupees per 10 grams.
(10 grams = 1 tola gold)
- 22 Carat Gold
- ₹ 55,250(10 gram)
- 24 Carat Gold
- ₹ 60,270(10 gram)
22 Carat & 24 Carat Compare Gold Rate In Bangalore (Today & Yesterday)
|Gold Rate 22 Carat||Gold Rate 24 Carat|
|Yesterday||₹ 55,650||₹ 60,700|
|Today||₹ 55,250||₹ 60,270|
Today 24 Carat Gold Price per gram in Bangalore (INR)
|Gram||Gold Rate Yesterday 24k||Gold Rate Today 24k||Daily Price Change|
|1 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 6,070||₹ 6,027||-43|
|8 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 48,560||₹ 48,216||-344|
|10 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 60,700||₹ 60,270||-430|
|100 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 6,07,000||₹ 6,02,700||-4,300|
Today 22 Carat Gold Price per gram in Bangalore (INR)
|Gram||Gold Rate Yesterday 22k||Gold Rate Today 22k||Daily Price Change|
|1 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 5,565||₹ 5,525||-40|
|8 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 44,520||₹ 44,200||-320|
|10 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 55,650||₹ 55,250||-400|
|100 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 5,56,500||₹ 5,52,500||-4,000|
Today Gold Rate of Metro Cities in India
|City||Gold Rate 22k||Gold Rate 24k|
|Chennai||₹ 55,650||₹ 60,710|
|Coimbatore||₹ 55,650||₹ 60,710|
|Delhi||₹ 55,350||₹ 60,370|
|Gurgaon||₹ 55,350||₹ 60,370|
|Hyderabad||₹ 55,200||₹ 60,220|
|Kolkata||₹ 55,200||₹ 60,220|
|Mumbai||₹ 55,200||₹ 60,220|
|Pune||₹ 55,200||₹ 60,220|
|Surat||₹ 55,250||₹ 60,270|
Today Gold Rate in Bangalore - An Overview
Gold has always been a popular choice among people in India, and Bangalore is no exception. Bangalore, also known as the Silicon Valley of India, is a bustling city with a thriving gold market. Whether it's for weddings, festivals, or investments, gold remains a popular choice among the people of Bangalore. We'll take a closer look at the latest gold rate in Bangalore, the factors that affect gold rates, and some buying tips for those planning to invest in gold.
The price of gold in Bangalore varies depending on a number of factors, such as international gold prices, currency fluctuations, and local demand.
How is the Purity of Gold Determined?
The purity of gold is measured in karats (K), with 24K being the purest form of gold. In India, the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has introduced a hallmarking system that certifies the quality of gold jewellery. The hallmark certifies gold's purity, ranging from 14K to 22K. The higher the karat, the purer the gold.
Karats as a parameter to measure gold purity
To determine the purity of gold, one needs to know the number of karats it has. Karats are used to measure the purity of gold, with 24-karat gold being the purest form. For example, if you have a ring that is 14 karat gold, you can calculate the purity by dividing 14 by 24. It will give you a result of 0.583. This means that the gold in the ring is 58.3% pure.
Gold Purity Conversion Chart
|Number of Karats||Parts of Gold||Percentage of Gold Purity||Millesimal Fineness|
In the above table, Millesimal Fineness denotes the percentage of gold, and Karats indicates the ratio of gold.
Hallmark as a parameter to measure gold purity
Hallmarking refers to the process of verifying and certifying the purity and fineness of gold. When a gold product bears the BIS Hallmark Symbol, it indicates that it has undergone testing to ensure its purity matches the advertised value and meets all relevant Indian Standards established by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). For example, if a customer purchases an 18K gold product with the BIS Hallmark Symbol, the product contains 18 out of 24 parts of gold, with the remainder, made up of alloy.
How Can You Make Gold Investments in Bangalore?
Gold is a popular investment option in Bangalore, as it is seen as a safe-haven asset that can protect against inflation and economic uncertainties. You can invest in gold in Bangalore in several ways, depending on your preferences and financial goals. Here is the list of alternatives for gold investment:
One way to invest in gold is by purchasing physical gold in the form of jewellery, coins or bullion. You can buy gold from trusted jewellers or dealers, and the price will depend on the current gold rate today in Bangalore. However, it is important to note that physical gold comes with storage and safety costs and may not offer liquidity in case of emergencies.
Another popular way to invest in gold is through Gold Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). These are mutual funds that invest in physical gold and trade on stock exchanges. Gold ETFs offer the convenience of trading on a stock exchange and do not have storage costs or concerns about purity.
Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs)
SGBs are issued by the government and are denominated in grams of gold. They offer a fixed rate of interest of 2.5% per annum and can be redeemed for cash on maturity. SGBs are a safe and easy way to invest in gold and also offer tax benefits.
Digital Gold or E-Gold
You can also invest in gold through digital platforms that allow you to buy, sell and store gold online. These platforms offer the convenience of buying small quantities of gold at a time and can be accessed from anywhere. However, choosing a reliable platform that offers genuine gold at market rates is essential. In India, only three entities allow investors to invest in digital gold. These are Augmont Gold Tech Pvt. Ltd., MMTC-PAMP India Pvt. Ltd. & Digital Gold India Pvt. Ltd.
Things to Know Before Buying Gold Jewelry in Bangalore
If you're planning to buy gold jewellery in Bangalore, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Research: Before making a purchase, research the gold rates today in Bangalore and compare prices from different jewellers.
- Purity: Check the purity of the gold you're buying. 24K gold is the purest form of gold, while 22K gold is a mixture of gold and other metals.
- Making Charges: In addition to the gold price, jewellers usually ask for a charge (making charges) for the design and craftsmanship of the jewellery. Make sure to ask about these charges before making a purchase.
- KDM and Hallmarked Gold: KDM gold is a type of gold that is made by using a soldering alloy of cadmium, zinc, and other metals. Hallmarked gold, on the other hand, is certified by the BIS and meets the quality standards set by the bureau.
- Colour: Gold also comes in certain variations, such as white gold and rose gold. However, as compared to other ones, yellow gold is more popular in India. These types of gold are generated by amalgamating pure gold with several other metals.
- Weight of Gold: It is crucial to check the actual gold weight before making the final payment. This becomes essential as other stones can increase the overall weight and increase the overall price.
Factors Affecting Gold Price in Bangalore Today
Several factors influence gold rates in Bangalore. Here are some of the critical factors that can impact gold prices in Bangalore:
- International Gold Prices: The price of gold in Bangalore is heavily influenced by international gold prices. Any fluctuations in international gold prices can impact the local market.
- Gold Reserves: The RBI holds the gold reserves in India. Any sort of inflow in gold reserves indicates surged cash inflow within the domestic market. This creates a significant effect on the gold rate today in Bangalore as well as other cities.
- Currency Fluctuations: Currency fluctuations can also impact gold rates in Bangalore. If the rupee strengthens against the dollar, the price of gold may decrease, and vice versa.
- Local Demand or Gold Market: Local demand for gold can also impact the gold rate in Bangalore. During festive seasons and weddings, the demand for gold increases, which can drive up prices.
- Interest Rates: When interest rates go up, people tend to sell their gold in order to get liquid cash. Conversely, when interest rates go down, people are more likely to purchase gold as they have more cash in hand to benefit from the potential appreciation of the precious metal.
What is the Difference between KDM and Hallmarked Gold in Bangalore?
Hallmarking is the process of certifying the purity and fineness of gold, which is done by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) in India. When you see a BIS hallmark on a gold product, it means that it has been verified to conform to specific purity standards set by the BIS. This assures consumers that the gold they buy is of a certain quality.
There are four components that make up a hallmark seal: the BIS hallmark, which indicates that the purity has been verified in a licensed laboratory; the purity in karats and fineness; the mark of the assaying and hallmarking centre; and the jeweller's unique identification mark.
KDM gold is a type of gold alloy comprising 92% gold and 8% cadmium. It was used to achieve high purity in gold, but it caused serious health issues for artisans who worked with it. As a result, it has been banned by the BIS, and now advanced solder metals like zinc are used instead of cadmium to make gold alloys.
Impact of GST on Gold Rate in Bangalore
The implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India has impacted the gold rates in Bangalore. Under the new taxation system, the tax on gold jewellery has been streamlined to 3%, which is exclusive of the earlier 1.5% VAT and 1% excise duty. The final jewellery bills now include 3% GST, 10% custom duty, and 5% processing charges, resulting in a marginal increase in the total cost by 1.6%.
Despite the increase in gold rates, the sales of gold have not been significantly affected, and big players in the gold industry are benefiting from the new taxation system. It has created a level playing field for both the organised and unorganised sectors, and customers can now purchase gold from small and big dealers at the same price, as the gap between them has reduced.
In summary, the impact of GST on gold rates today in Bangalore has been a marginal increase in the total cost of gold. Still, it has streamlined the taxation system and created a more level playing field for both big and small players in the industry.
Gold Investment Tips
Here are a few tips that will help you to secure the maximum possible benefits from gold investment in Bangalore:
- Understand the Purpose of Your Investment: Before investing in gold, it's important to understand your investment goals. Are you investing for the long-term or short-term? Are you looking to diversify your investment portfolio or hedge against inflation? Knowing your purpose will help you make informed decisions about the type of gold investment that's right for you.
- Research Before You Invest: Research before investing in gold. This includes understanding the current market conditions, the historical performance of gold, and the different forms of gold investments, such as gold coins, bullion, or jewellery. You should also research the dealers or brokers you plan to work with and their reputation.
- Be Aware of the Risks: Investing in gold comes with its own set of risks, including the possibility of price fluctuations and theft. Be aware of these risks and take necessary precautions, such as insuring your gold investments and storing them in a secure location.
- Consider Diversifying Your Portfolio: While gold can be a good investment option, it's important to consider diversifying your portfolio. This can help you reduce risks and balance out the ups and downs of the gold market. Consider investing in other assets such as stocks, bonds, or real estate.
- Buy Low and Sell High: Like any investment, timing is key when it comes to buying and selling gold. Try to buy gold when the prices are low and sell when the prices are high. However, keep in mind that predicting the gold market can be difficult, so it's important to make informed decisions based on research and analysis.
By following these tips, you can make informed decisions about investing in gold and increase your chances of success. Remember to always do your research and seek advice from professionals before making any investment decisions.
Gold rates in Bangalore can fluctuate, so it's important to stay informed about the current prices and trends. Whether you're buying gold for investment purposes or for personal use, make sure to do your research and buy from a reputable jeweller. With the right knowledge and information, you can get the best value for your money.
Latest News on Gold Rate in Bangalore
[4 March 2023] - The Golden Times are Back in Bangalore: Gold Prices Soar High!
Gold prices in Bangalore had a strong week, with rates for 22-karat gold at Rs 51,900 per 10 grams and 24-karat gold at Rs 56,600 per 10 grams. The metal experienced a dip last week due to speculation of higher interest rates from the Fed but has since recovered. This is the best-performing week for gold in March 2023. Positive economic data from the US may influence the Fed's decision on interest rates, with lower rates potentially pushing gold to test the $1,900 level. The value of gold and the US dollar have an inverse relationship, meaning that higher interest rates may lead to a stronger US dollar and a weaker gold market.
[3 March 2023] - Unfazed by the Waves, Gold Prices in Bangalore Remain Steady!
Despite a rise in the bullion markets, gold prices in Bangalore have remained stable and recorded their best week since mid-January. Rates for 22-karat gold were Rs 51,800 per 10 grams and 24-karat gold at Rs 56,500 per 10 grams. The weaker US dollar has helped to uplift the value of gold in the bullion markets. The latest data from the Institute of Supply Management (ISM) shows that the service sector continued to grow for the second straight month in February, a positive sign for economic growth. This may pressure the Fed to go for a lower interest rate hike, strengthening gold. However, Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic has noted that the impact of higher US rates on the economy may only begin to take effect in the spring, arguing for a steady quarter-point interest rate hike.
[2 March 2023] - A Glimmer of Hope for Bangalore's Gold Market!
Gold prices in Bangalore have slightly rebounded despite slipping in the global bullion markets, with 22-karat gold trading at Rs 51,800 per 10 grams and 24-karat gold at Rs 56,500 per 10 grams. Spot gold was trading at $1,843 per ounce, and U.S. gold futures at $1,840 an ounce. The dollar has firmed, causing gold prices to decline as investors worry that interest rates will remain higher for longer than expected to control rising inflation rates. Although gold is a hedge against inflation, the higher interest rates have increased the opportunity cost of holding the non-yielding asset. Analysts suggest that gold prices may remain range-bound until further data is received, particularly concerning the Fed's upcoming interest rate decision. The Fed's aggressive stance on interest rates could significantly impact the price of gold.
[1 March 2023] - A Glittering Opportunity for Bangalore Investors!
The price of gold in Bangalore, India, has rebounded after a period of decline in February. Currently, the price of 10 grams of 22-karat gold is Rs 51,650, and 10 grams of 24-karat gold is Rs 56,340. This increase in price is due to China's release of strong economic data, which has bolstered the demand for gold. However, the risk of high US interest rates may limit the increase in gold prices, as higher interest rates make it less attractive to hold non-interest-bearing assets such as gold. Despite this, gold is still considered a hedge against inflation and currency debasement. In February, the price of gold suffered its worst monthly fall since 2021 due to strong US economic data, which caused concerns that the US Federal Reserve may increase interest rates to control inflation.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
Top 10 Banks
Today Gold Rate of Metro Cities in India
Today Gold Rate of Other Cities in India
- Gold Rate In Ahmedabad
- Gold Rate In Amaravati
- Gold Rate In Amravati
- Gold Rate In Anantapur
- Gold Rate In Aurangabad
- Gold Rate In Bellary
- Gold Rate In Berhampur
- Gold Rate In Bhiwandi
- Gold Rate In Bhubaneswar
- Gold Rate In Chandigarh
- Gold Rate In Cuttack
- Gold Rate In Erode
- Gold Rate In Ghaziabad
- Gold Rate In Guntur
- Gold Rate In Jaipur
- Gold Rate In Kakinada
- Gold Rate In Kerala
- Gold Rate In Khammam
- Gold Rate In Kolhapur
- Gold Rate In Latur
- Gold Rate In Lucknow
- Gold Rate In Madurai
- Gold Rate In Mangalore
- Gold Rate In Mysore
- Gold Rate In Nagpur
- Gold Rate In Nashik
- Gold Rate In Nellore
- Gold Rate In Nizamabad
- Gold Rate In Noida
- Gold Rate In Patna
- Gold Rate In Rajkot
- Gold Rate In Rourkela
- Gold Rate In Salem
- Gold Rate In Sambalpur
- Gold Rate In Solapur
- Gold Rate In Tirunelveli
- Gold Rate In Tirupati
- Gold Rate In Tirupur
- Gold Rate In Trichy
- Gold Rate In Vadodara
- Gold Rate In Vellore
- Gold Rate In Vijayawada
- Gold Rate In Visakhapatnam
- Gold Rate In Warangal
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why do Bangalore investors buy gold?
Like many investors around the world, investors in Bangalore buy gold for various reasons. Gold is often seen as a safe haven asset, and gold purchase helps diversify their investment portfolios. Additionally, some investors in Bangalore buy gold as a way to profit from rising gold prices.
How to track gold rates in Bangalore today?
There are various options to track gold rates in Bangalore today, such as online gold rate trackers, mobile applications, local jewellers, newspapers, etc. It’s important to note that gold rates today in Bangalore can change multiple times in a day. Therefore, tracking the gold rates is advisable before making any investment decisions.
Where to buy Gold in Bangalore?
In Bangalore, there are several options available for buying gold. Some of the most common choices are jewellery stores, online stores, banks, and bullion dealers. When buying gold, it’s important to ensure that you are buying from a reputable seller and that the gold is certified for its purity and quality. It’s also important to research and compare prices before making a purchase.
Will I have to pay GST while buying Gold in Bangalore?
Yes, you will have to pay GST (Goods and Services Tax) while buying gold in Bangalore. GST is a tax imposed by the Indian government on the sale of goods and services and applies to the purchase of gold. The current GST rate on gold is 3%, which is applicable to the value of the gold jewellery or item being purchased.
Why should I check the daily Gold rates in Bangalore?
Checking the daily gold rates in Bangalore can be important for several reasons. Firstly, if you are planning to buy or sell gold in Bangalore, keeping track of the daily gold rates can help you make informed decisions and get the best value for your money. Secondly, if you already own gold in Bangalore, checking the daily rates can help you keep track of the value of your investment. Lastly, being aware of the daily gold rates in Bangalore can help you stay informed about the economy and financial trends in the region.