Gold Rate in Chennai
The price of gold in Chennai is quoted in Indian rupees (INR) per gram or per 10 grams, and it fluctuates on a daily basis based on the prevailing market conditions. Gold prices in Chennai are typically higher than the international market prices due to various taxes and duties imposed by the Indian government.
Today MCX gold price in rupees per 10 grams.
(10 grams = 1 tola gold)
- 22 Carat Gold
- ₹ 55,650(10 gram)
- 24 Carat Gold
- ₹ 60,710(10 gram)
22 Carat & 24 Carat Compare Gold Rate In Chennai (Today & Yesterday)
|Gold Rate 22 Carat||Gold Rate 24 Carat|
|Yesterday||₹ 56,000||₹ 61,100|
|Today||₹ 55,650||₹ 60,710|
Today 24 Carat Gold Price per gram in Chennai (INR)
|Gram||Gold Rate Yesterday 24k||Gold Rate Today 24k||Daily Price Change|
|1 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 6,110||₹ 6,071||-39|
|8 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 48,880||₹ 48,568||-312|
|10 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 61,100||₹ 60,710||-390|
|100 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 6,11,000||₹ 6,07,100||-3,900|
Today 22 Carat Gold Price per gram in Chennai (INR)
|Gram||Gold Rate Yesterday 22k||Gold Rate Today 22k||Daily Price Change|
|1 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 5,600||₹ 5,565||-35|
|8 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 44,800||₹ 44,520||-280|
|10 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 56,000||₹ 55,650||-350|
|100 Gram Gold Rate||₹ 5,60,000||₹ 5,56,500||-3,500|
Today Gold Rate of Metro Cities in India
|City||Gold Rate 22k||Gold Rate 24k|
|Bangalore||₹ 55,250||₹ 60,270|
|Coimbatore||₹ 55,650||₹ 60,710|
|Delhi||₹ 55,350||₹ 60,370|
|Gurgaon||₹ 55,350||₹ 60,370|
|Hyderabad||₹ 55,200||₹ 60,220|
|Kolkata||₹ 55,200||₹ 60,220|
|Mumbai||₹ 55,200||₹ 60,220|
|Pune||₹ 55,200||₹ 60,220|
|Surat||₹ 55,250||₹ 60,270|
Today Gold Rate in Chennai - An Overview
Gold is a popular investment and a cultural symbol in India, with Chennai being one of the largest gold markets in the country. Today’s price of gold in Chennai is influenced by factors such as global demand and supply, currency fluctuations, geopolitical tensions, and local taxes and regulations. The demand for gold in Chennai is also influenced by cultural and religious practices such as weddings and festivals. This means that today’s gold rate in Chennai might be more or less the same or fluctuating in nature.
Various Types of Purity Measurement of Gold
Gold purity is measured in terms of the karat or carat system. The karat system measures the purity of gold on a scale of 0 to 24, where 24 karats are considered 100% pure gold. Here are the most common types of purity measurement for gold:
This is the most common system used to measure gold purity. In the karat system, pure gold is represented as 24 karats. Therefore, 18-karat gold is 75% pure, 14-karat gold is 58.3% pure, and so on.
This is another way to measure the purity of gold. It is expressed as a decimal or a percentage, and it represents the amount of pure gold in a sample. For example, 0.999 fine gold is 99.9% pure gold.
This is a more precise method of measuring gold purity. It is expressed as parts per thousand, whereas pure gold is 1000 parts per thousand. For example, 18 karat gold is 750 parts per thousand pure gold, or 75% pure.
An assay is a chemical test used to determine the purity of gold. A small sample of the gold is dissolved in a solution, and the amount of pure gold is determined by measuring the concentration of gold in the solution.
X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analysis is a non-destructive method used to determine the purity of gold. A small sample of the gold is irradiated with X-rays, and the resulting fluorescence is used to determine the purity of the gold.
This is a traditional method used to determine the purity of gold. A small sample of the gold is melted and then mixed with a flux, which helps to separate impurities from the gold. The resulting button of gold is then weighed to determine its purity.
How You Can Make Gold as an Investment in Chennai?
There are various ways in which one can invest money in gold:
- Physical Gold: One of the most common ways to invest in gold is by purchasing physical gold in coins or bars from authorised dealers in Chennai.
- Gold ETFs: Gold Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are funds that invest in gold and can be bought and sold on stock exchanges. Gold ETFs provide the convenience of trading gold without physical storage.
- Gold Mutual Funds: Gold mutual funds invest in gold mining companies or gold ETFs. These mutual funds allow investors to invest in gold indirectly.
- Gold Sovereign Bonds: The government of India also issues gold bonds called Sovereign Gold Bonds. These bonds offer an interest rate and provide capital appreciation based on the prevailing gold prices.
- Gold Futures: Investors can also invest in gold futures by buying and selling contracts on commodity exchanges.
Before investing in gold, it is always advisable to research and understand each investment option's risks and potential rewards and consult a financial advisor if needed.
Things to Know Before Buying Gold Jewellery in Chennai
If you plan to buy gold Jewellery in Chennai, here are a few things you should know:
- Purity of Gold: The purity of gold is measured in karats, with 24 karats being the purest form of gold. When buying gold Jewellery, ensure that you check the karat stamp on the Jewellery. The most common karat for gold jewellery in India is 22K, 18K, and 14K.
- BIS Hallmark: Look for the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) hallmark on the gold Jewellery you purchase. This hallmark certifies the purity of the gold and is mandatory for all gold Jewellery sold in India.
- Making Charges: Making charges are the fees charged by jewellers for crafting the Jewellery. It's essential to compare the making charges of different jewellers before making a purchase to ensure you're getting a fair price.
- Buy from Reputed Jewelers: Ensure that you buy gold Jewellery from a reputed jeweller. Research online reviews or ask for recommendations from friends and family.
- Pricing: Gold prices fluctuate daily, and it's essential to check the current gold price before making a purchase. Additionally, do not hesitate to negotiate the price with the jeweller.
- Design and Style: There are a wide variety of gold Jewellery designs and styles available in Chennai. Decide on the design and style that suits your taste and preferences.
- Warranties and Guarantees: Always check for warranties and guarantees offered by the jeweller. Some jewellers offer lifetime guarantees for their products, which can be beneficial in the long run.
- Insurance: Once you purchase your gold Jewellery, consider getting it insured. Gold Jewellery is a significant investment, and it's better to be safe than sorry in case of theft or damage.
By keeping these points in mind, you can make an informed decision while buying gold Jewellery in Chennai.
Factors Affecting Gold Prices in Chennai Today
There are several factors that can affect today’s gold rates in Chennai, as well as globally. Here are some of the key factors that can influence gold prices in Chennai:
- Global economic conditions: Gold prices often rise when there is uncertainty or instability in the global economy. For example, if there is a recession or geopolitical tension, investors may turn to gold as a safe-haven asset, driving up the price.
- Interest rates: The price of gold is often inversely related to interest rates. When interest rates are low, gold becomes a more attractive investment because it offers a hedge against inflation. Conversely, when interest rates rise, investors may sell their gold holdings, leading to a drop in the price.
- Exchange rates: The price of gold in Chennai is affected by the exchange rate between the Indian rupee and the US dollar. When the rupee weakens against the dollar, the price of gold in Chennai tends to rise.
- Demand and supply: The demand for gold jewellery, coins, and bars in Chennai and globally can affect the price. For example, if there is a surge in demand for gold jewellery during the wedding season, the price may increase. Additionally, if there is a shortage of gold due to mining disruptions or supply chain issues, the price may also rise.
- Central bank policies: The actions of central banks, such as monetary policy changes or gold purchases, can also affect the price of gold. For example, if a central bank announces a large gold purchase, it can signal to investors that gold is a valuable asset, increasing demand and price.
Difference Between KDM and Hallmarked Gold in Chennai
KDM and Hallmarked Gold are two different types of gold Jewellery that differ in their purity, composition, and certification standards.
|KDM Jewellery||Hallmarked Gold Jewellery|
KDM (Karatmeter Reading) Jewellery is made by mixing 92.5% pure gold with 7.5% of other metals like copper, silver, or zinc to increase its durability and strength. KDM Jewellery is of lower purity than Hallmarked gold Jewellery, which is made from 99.9% pure gold.
Hallmarked gold Jewellery is certified by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) and undergoes a rigorous testing process to ensure it meets the prescribed quality standards. The jewellery is tested for its purity, fineness, and quality at BIS-certified laboratories, and only those that pass the test are given a BIS hallmark.
In Chennai, Hallmarked gold Jewellery is considered to be of higher quality and purity than KDM Jewellery. Therefore, if you are looking for gold Jewellery in Chennai, it is recommended to choose Hallmarked gold Jewellery as it ensures the purity and quality of the gold you buy.
Impact of GST on Gold Prices in Chennai
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) implementation in India in July 2017 impacted various sectors, including the gold industry. In Chennai, the impact of GST on the gold rate was mixed, with some factors leading to an increase in gold prices and others resulting in a decrease. Here are some ways GST is affecting today’s gold rate in Chennai:
- Increase in tax rate: Under the GST regime, the tax rate on gold increased from 1.2% to 3%. This increase in tax rate led to an increase in the cost of gold, which resulted in a rise in gold prices in Chennai.
- Reduction in smuggling: GST reduced gold smuggling as the new tax regime made it difficult to evade taxes. This reduction in smuggling led to an increase in the availability of gold in the market, which resulted in a decrease in gold prices.
- Impact on small-scale jewellers: The implementation of GST had a significant impact on small-scale jewellers in Chennai. The new tax regime made it difficult for them to compete with larger jewellers, decreasing their sales. This decrease in sales led to a decrease in the demand for gold, which resulted in a decrease in gold prices.
- Impact on organised retail chains: Organised retail chains, such as Tanishq and Kalyan Jewellers, benefited from implementing GST. These chains were able to take advantage of the input tax credit and pass on the benefits to their customers in the form of lower prices. This resulted in a decrease in gold prices.
Overall, the impact of GST on the gold rate in Chennai was mixed, with some factors leading to an increase in gold prices and others resulting in a decrease. However, the long-term impact of GST on the gold industry is yet to be fully realised, and its effect on gold prices may continue to evolve over time.
How can Interest Rates Affect Gold Prices in Chennai?
Interest rates can have a significant impact on today’s gold prices in Chennai, just as they do in other parts of the world. Here are a few ways that interest rates can affect gold prices:
- When interest rates rise, it becomes more expensive to borrow money, which can lead to higher interest rates on loans and lower demand for gold. This is because people may choose to invest in other assets, such as bonds or stocks, that offer a higher return than gold.
- When interest rates are low, it may indicate that the central bank is attempting to stimulate economic growth by encouraging borrowing and spending. This can lead to inflationary pressures and a decrease in the value of the local currency. In such a scenario, investors may turn to gold as a safe-haven asset to protect their wealth against inflation.
- When interest rates rise, the local currency tends to strengthen because foreign investors are attracted to higher yields. This can lead to a decrease in gold prices since gold is priced in the local currency.
- Other factors also affect gold prices, including geopolitical events, supply and demand dynamics, and investor sentiment.
Latest News on Gold Rate in Chennai
|Minor Fluctuations in Chennai Gold Rates in Last 10 days|
In the last 10 days, the price of 1 gram of gold has seen a 1.845% difference calculated from lowest price to highest price. The price difference range suggests that the rates are more or less here to stay the same. These results are for the 22 Carat gold category. When it comes to the 24 Carat gold category, the price difference of 1 gram of gold in Chennai for the last 10 days has been 1.849%.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
Top 10 Banks
Today Gold Rate of Metro Cities in India
Today Gold Rate of Other Cities in India
- Gold Rate In Ahmedabad
- Gold Rate In Amaravati
- Gold Rate In Amravati
- Gold Rate In Anantapur
- Gold Rate In Aurangabad
- Gold Rate In Bellary
- Gold Rate In Berhampur
- Gold Rate In Bhiwandi
- Gold Rate In Bhubaneswar
- Gold Rate In Chandigarh
- Gold Rate In Cuttack
- Gold Rate In Erode
- Gold Rate In Ghaziabad
- Gold Rate In Guntur
- Gold Rate In Jaipur
- Gold Rate In Kakinada
- Gold Rate In Kerala
- Gold Rate In Khammam
- Gold Rate In Kolhapur
- Gold Rate In Latur
- Gold Rate In Lucknow
- Gold Rate In Madurai
- Gold Rate In Mangalore
- Gold Rate In Mysore
- Gold Rate In Nagpur
- Gold Rate In Nashik
- Gold Rate In Nellore
- Gold Rate In Nizamabad
- Gold Rate In Noida
- Gold Rate In Patna
- Gold Rate In Rajkot
- Gold Rate In Rourkela
- Gold Rate In Salem
- Gold Rate In Sambalpur
- Gold Rate In Solapur
- Gold Rate In Tirunelveli
- Gold Rate In Tirupati
- Gold Rate In Tirupur
- Gold Rate In Trichy
- Gold Rate In Vadodara
- Gold Rate In Vellore
- Gold Rate In Vijayawada
- Gold Rate In Visakhapatnam
- Gold Rate In Warangal
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why should Chennai investors buy gold?
Gold is a reliable hedge against inflation and economic uncertainty, making it a wise investment choice for Chennai investors looking to diversify their portfolios. With a rich cultural heritage and a strong affinity for gold, gold investment in Chennai can be a popular asset class among local investors and a symbol of wealth and prosperity.
What are the different choices in buying gold in Chennai?
Chennai offers a range of choices in gold, from traditional designs to modern and trendy styles. Customers in Chennai can choose from a variety of gold jewellery options, including 22-karat, 24-karat, antique, and temple designs.
How to track gold rates in Chennai today?
You can track the latest gold rates in Chennai from Urban Money’s Gold Rate Tracker. The website will also provide live updates on the gold rates in Chennai.
Where to buy Gold in Chennai?
Gold can be bought in Chennai from reputable jewellery stores like Tanishq, Kalyan Jewellers, and Joyalukkas. Alternatively, gold can also be purchased from banks like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, and Axis Bank, which offer gold coins and bars for sale.
How can I check the ongoing Gold rates in Chennai?
You can check the ongoing Gold rates in Chennai by visiting Urban Money, a trusted financial news website or by contacting a local jeweller or gold dealer for up-to-date information.
Will I have to pay GST while buying Gold in Chennai?
Yes, you will have to pay GST while buying gold in Chennai. The current GST rate on gold is 3%.
Why should I check the daily Gold rates in Chennai?
Checking the daily Gold rates in Chennai can help you make informed decisions when buying or selling gold. Fluctuations in gold prices can impact your investments and financial planning, making it important to stay up-to-date on the latest rates.