STATE BANK OF INDIA IFSC CODE
Locate any details of Bank branch in India.
Choose State from List Below
- IFSC Code Andaman and Nicobar
- IFSC Code Andhra Pradesh
- IFSC Code Assam
- IFSC Code Bihar
- IFSC Code Chandigarh
- IFSC Code Chhattisgarh
- IFSC Code Daman and Diu
- IFSC Code Delhi
- IFSC Code Goa
- IFSC Code Gujarat
- IFSC Code Haryana
- IFSC Code Himachal Pradesh
- IFSC Code Jammu and Kashmir
- IFSC Code Jharkhand
- IFSC Code Karnataka
- IFSC Code Kerala
- IFSC Code Lakshadweep
- IFSC Code Madhya Pradesh
- IFSC Code Maharashtra
- IFSC Code Manipur
- IFSC Code Meghalaya
- IFSC Code Mizoram
- IFSC Code Nagaland
- IFSC Code Odisha
- IFSC Code Puducherry
- IFSC Code Punjab
- IFSC Code Rajasthan
- IFSC Code Tamil Nadu
- IFSC Code Telangana
- IFSC Code Tripura
- IFSC Code Uttarakhand
- IFSC Code Uttar Pradesh
- IFSC Code West Bengal
IFSC code, or Indian Financial System Code, is an 11-digit alphanumeric code given by the Reserve Bank of India to every bank branch to distinguish them. This makes the transactional process error-free and more accessible as each bank branch has its own unique identity. The IFSC code plays a vital role when making an electronic payment such as IMPS, NEFT or RTGS. Before doing a transaction, it is essential to check if the IFSC code is correct.
The SBI IFSC code comprises 11-digits; the first four letters ‘SBIN’ stands for the bank's name, i.e. State Bank of India. The next character, ‘0’, is for future reference, while the remaining six letters represent the specific branch code of the bank.
SBI IFSC Code Structure
The 11-digit alphanumeric code can be divided into three parts. SBI IFSC code has the following structure:
- The first four letters of the IFSC code determine the bank name
- The fifth digit is a ‘0.’
- The last six characters of the IFSC code determine the branch of the bank making the transaction.
For instance, the IFSC code of the State Bank of India branch in Huda Market, Sector 31, Gurgaon, is SBIN0032633. Here, ‘SBIN’ denotes the State Bank of India, and ‘032633’ denotes the branch code, Huda Market, Sector 31, Gurgaon.
State Bank of India Branch Code
A bank has various branches, with each branch being assigned a distinct code. These codes are known as branch codes and help identify the branch making the transaction. The branch code can be found in the IFSC code; it is the last six digits. The State Bank of India branch code from the above example is ‘032633’. The branch code can also be found on SBI’s official website.
MICR Code of State Bank of India
The Magnetic Ink Character Recognition Code or the MICR code is a special 9-character alphanumeric code. An MICR code helps identify the bank and the branch in the Electronic Clearing Services Scheme or the ECS Scheme. This code becomes mandatory when making a transaction via cheque. It can be found at the bottom of the cheque, next to the cheque number. A MICR code can be divided as follows:
- The first three digits are the city code aligned with the pincode of the city
- The next three digits represent the bank code
- The last three digits are the branch code
For example: In the MICR code - 110002383, ‘110’ is the pincode of Gurgaon, ‘002’ is the bank code of State Bank of India and ‘383’ is the branch code of Sector 4.
State Bank of India Bank Code
Bank code refers to the unique code given to a bank to uniquely identify itself throughout the nation. The State Bank of India has a bank code of ‘002’ as given by the Reserve Bank of India. Bank code is the fourth, fifth and sixth character of the MICR code.
SWIFT Code of State Bank of India
A Society For Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication SWIFT Code is a unique code that identifies a bank during international transactions. It contains 8-11 characters identifying the bank name, branch, country and city. State Bank of India uses different SWIFT codes for different branches. The SWIFT code for SBI- SBININBB157 can be explained as:
- ‘SBIN’ states the bank name, State Bank of India.
- ‘IN’ states the country code, India.
- ‘BB’ states the location code.
- ‘157’ is the branch code, Lucknow main office.
Where can I find my SBI IFSC code?
IFSC code of the State Bank of India can be found on its official website, on the passbook’s front page, or the top-most part of the cheque. Bank statements also show the IFSC code.
Is the IFSC code the same for all State Bank of India banks?
No, the IFSC code is a unique code given to every bank branch, so the code cannot be the same for all the State Bank of India branches.
What are the IMPS charges by the State Bank of India bank?
There are no charges incurred on the IMPS amount of INR 1,000. As for the amount between INR 1,000 – 10,000, INR 2 plus GST will be charged, on amounts of INR 10,000 – 1 Lakh, INR 4 plus GST has to be paid, and as for transactions between INR 2 Lakh – 5 Lakh, a charge of INR 20 plus GST will incur.
What is the bank code of the State Bank of India?
The bank code of the State Bank of India is ‘002’, which is a unique code.
How can I know the branch name of the State Bank of India?
The branch name can be found through the State Bank of India IFSC code, or it can be looked up on its official website.
Need Loan Assistance?
Connect with Loan Advisor Now!
Top 10 Banks
Mutual Fund Scheme
Gold & Silver Rate
Home Loan By Other Banks
- Axis Bank Home Loan
- Bank of Baroda Home Loan
- HDFC Bank Home Loan
- ICICI Bank Home Loan
- Bajaj Finserv Home Loan
- Canara Bank Home Loan
- IndiaBulls Home Loan
- YES Bank Home Loan
- DHFL Home Loan
- CITI Bank Home Loan
- Union Bank of India Home Loan
- Federal Bank Home Loan
- IndusInd Bank Home Loan
- State Bank of India Home Loan
- IDFC FIRST Bank Home Loan
- Hero FinCorp Home Loan
- Punjab National Bank Home Loan
- IDBI Bank Home Loan
- Kotak Bank Home Loan
- Godrej Housing Finance Home Loan
- Tata Capital Housing Finance Limited Home Loan
- HDFC Sales Home Loan
- Indian bank Home Loan
- Vastu Housing Finance Home Loan
- Capital First Ltd. Home Loan
- Home First Finance Company Home Loan
- Hero Housing Finance Home Loan
- Clix Capital Home Loan
- Aditya Birla Finance Limited Home Loan
- Housing Development Finance Corporation Home Loan
- L&T Finance Home Loan
- HSBC Home Loan
- LIC Housing Finance Home Loan
- Reliance Capital Home Loan
- Fullerton India Home Loan
- Bank of India Home Loan
- IIFL Finance Home Loan
- Piramal Housing Finance Home Loan
- Edelweiss Financial Services Home Loan
- Poonawalla Fincorp Limited Home Loan
- Aadhar housing Finance Home Loan
- DCB Bank Home Loan
- Punjab National Bank Housing Finance Home Loan
- Capri Global Home Loan
- Punjab & Sind Bank Home Loan
- Muthoot Finance Ltd Home Loan
- karnataka bank Home Loan
- Bank of Maharashtra Home Loan
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Home Loan
- RBL Bank Home Loan
- Cholamandalam Finance Home Loan
- Deutsche Bank Home Loan
Personal Loan By Other Banks
- Axis Bank Personal Loan
- Bank of Baroda Personal Loan
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan
- ICICI Bank Personal Loan
- Bajaj Finserv Personal Loan
- Canara Bank Personal Loan
- IndiaBulls Personal Loan
- YES Bank Personal Loan
- DHFL Personal Loan
- CITI Bank Personal Loan
- Union Bank of India Personal Loan
- Federal Bank Personal Loan
- IndusInd Bank Personal Loan
- State Bank of India Personal Loan
- IDFC FIRST Bank Personal Loan
- Hero FinCorp Personal Loan
- Punjab National Bank Personal Loan
- IDBI Bank Personal Loan
- Kotak Bank Personal Loan
- Shriram Urban Co Operative Bank Limited Personal Loan
- Tata Capital Financial Services LTD Personal Loan
- Tata Capital Housing Finance Limited Personal Loan
- HDFC Sales Personal Loan
- Indian bank Personal Loan
- Capital First Ltd. Personal Loan
- Clix Capital Personal Loan
- Aditya Birla Finance Limited Personal Loan
- L&T Finance Personal Loan
- HSBC Personal Loan
- Loantap Credit Products Private Limited Personal Loan
- Reliance Capital Personal Loan
- Fullerton India Personal Loan
- Bank of India Personal Loan
- Paysence Service Pvt Ltd Personal Loan
- IIFL Finance Personal Loan
- InCred Financial Services Personal Loan
- Edelweiss Financial Services Personal Loan
- Poonawalla Fincorp Limited Personal Loan
- DCB Bank Personal Loan
- Punjab & Sind Bank Personal Loan
- Muthoot Finance Ltd Personal Loan
- karnataka bank Personal Loan
- Bank of Maharashtra Personal Loan
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Personal Loan
- AU Small Finance Bank Personal Loan
- karur Vysya Bank Personal Loan
- RBL Bank Personal Loan
- FT Cash Personal Loan
- Deutsche Bank Personal Loan
- MoneyWide Personal Loan
Get your latest Credit Score, FREE
Get in-depth knowledge about all things related to loans and your finances
Kisan Credit Card Scheme : Easy Access to Credit for Farmers
India is primarily an agricultural economy, and farmers are the backbone of our nation. They work tirelessly to provide us with food and nourishment, yet often face challenges in accessing financia
Top 10 Best Bank for Home Loan In India 2023
We have compiled a list of the best banks for a home loan in India 2023 based on the home loan value it offers to the borrower. These banks offer a variety of home loan programs with n
Currency Revamp Countdown: Deposit or Exchange Your Rs 2000 Notes
After the unexpected turn of demonetisation, banning the INR 2,000 notes in India has sent shockwaves through the citizenry. The abrupt announcement has left people in a state of bewilderment, con